FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest SouthernSailor
2 hours ago, NDC(DSW/EXW/SW) said:

You've already done the homework and turned it in! There is no reason to nitpick your package now. Just enjoy the last (possible) non-stressful evenings you have. Throw on some netflix and rest up.

I wish it was as easy as rest up lol I've been on edge for the last two weeks... I know that my fate is already decided but it's mighty hard to just hurry up and wait...

Guest paperwarfare
3 hours ago, Tony said:

You won't be the first one.

3 hours ago, PO14Life said:

I'm just trying to figure how they will notify me... I will be on an international flight at the time. My phone won't work when I get to the states. I guess I will just have to wait to read it on here :/

I am in a similar "plane" as you.  Catching a flight tonight that lands Thursday morning. It will be an interesting check-in day!!

Guest CursedSwabbie
4 minutes ago, HM8432 said:

Anybody else really want some cheesecake now? 

A Stiff drink and a cigar preferably!

Guest PO14Life
2 hours ago, paperwarfare said:

I am in a similar "plane" as you.  Catching a flight tonight that lands Thursday morning. It will be an interesting check-in day!!

Lol mine lands Thursday night. I'm hoping to have wifi on the plane to see everyone get their "S"!

Guest navyordie123

As time winds down til the results come out, how many of us have sat back and wondered what if. What if I get selected, how will my life change? Will it be better that i have finally made it to the Chiefs Mess? And then what if I don't get selected, how to keep the press on and stay positive? What else do I need to do to finally get to where I want to be? I am keeping all in my thoughts and prayers that we will get that "S". I have learned so much from my brothers and sisters in the FCPO mess and from all the Chiefs that are on here giving advice. Thank y'all. 

Guest FunBawse98

If/when I put it on, though I have contemplated many times the kind of Chief I want to be, I will rely on all that I have learned and all that I WILL learn during the season to become the best leader that I can be. I find that one must malleable, despite preconceptions and past experiences, to fit the mold of what the Navy and our Sailors need. I'm no Joe Navy, but for me, Chief has always been more than a rank or a pay raise. I once had a Mess early in my career who brought me back from the brink of self destruction, true leaders that fixed broken Sailors and made us better people. If I could be one ounce the Chief that those guys were and make that difference in a Sailor's life or career - I can retire happy.

Guest NvyChief2bhpfly

Long time lurker here, first time post. Want to wish everyone best of luck and hope we all see our names on the selection list! 

Guest navyordie123

Good Night to all. Here is to a good night and sleep and another day of wondering what Thursday will bring for us all. good luck to all

Guest ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009
8 hours ago, AS1(AW/SW/IW) said:

Anyone else in here reviewing their evals and LTB's?? I find myself still looking to see how much of a chance I have....

Here! I have been for quite sometime now. I kinda imagine what the board sees. Do they see the same things as me? Do they see Block's 29, 41 and 44. Will they miss those?  I know they see blocks 40 and 43. Those are a given. Also OMPF codes 30-37. Do they really hit on reenlistment contracts, admin remarks, stuff back from 1999 when I joined. Do those really matter? I have these questions playing in my head. My LTB, my career summary letter (past 5 years), my past 5 evals. I've shown progression since my welcome aboard P in 2014, Sailorization wasn't heavy on my welcome aboard P in 2014 because I was only on board 2 months. Sailorization was real heavy in 2015 (divisional and command wise), but not so much in 2016 since we were in the yards and I was TAD to PMA QA even though I was the LPO. I do have ACFL bullets (leading command PFA's) and sitting IW/SW boards and holding training and leading CPO 365 PT's and training events on my 2015 and 2016 evals. I hope the board will count those as having Sailorization. Anyway that's what runs through my head all the time while I check my OMPF, PSR and LTB. So yes brother, I feel you. I do even though our fate has already been sealed. I can't help it. I've said it once and l'll say it again, good luck to all of us! I hope and pray this is our year.

Guest SwimmerNutty
59 minutes ago, VegasMA said:

I personally believe my MACS put it best: Do your job well and take care of your people, and all else shall follow. Someone could be the FCPOA President, 365 LPO, volunteer 1000 hours per year and have a PhD in Brazilian Basket Weaving. None of that matters if they are neglecting their workcenter and causing their junior Sailors to fail.

Well said!

Guest Navyspook
6 hours ago, NvyChief2bhpfly said:

Long time lurker here, first time post. Want to wish everyone best of luck and hope we all see our names on the selection list! 

I am pretty sure you will not be seeing screennames like "vape83", "papasmurf", or "ET1EXWIWSW" on the list come thursday; you will likely see their real names. If you do end up seeing screennames on the navadmin then we know that @Tony has been working with NPC all along.

Figured I had to give you some grief in order to lighten the mood around here.

Guest SARGUY2

I figured I would create an account since I have been stalking this forum for about a week now. To further add to the RUMINT, I have heard from several sources that Thursday is the day. This is my first time up and hit my 12 year mark in September. Let say I was part of the SCPOA for life club b/c of low numbers and an overmanned rate at the time. Here's to hoping that all the time put into our careers and others is paid off tomorrow. Good luck everyone and thanks Tony, this forum has been enjoyable to follow.

Guest navyordie123

Good Morning to all. Here is to some what of a productive day as we spend the last 24 hours or so before the results wondering if there was anything else that we could have done better and basically just rethinking our last 5 years of our careers. Good luck to all! 

Guest lydbkguy

Good Morning all.  Tomorrow is the day we have all been waiting for, for almost a year.  Wish ya'll the best of luck, and hope you name finds the list!!!

1 hour ago, Navyspook said:

I am pretty sure you will not be seeing screennames like "vape83", "papasmurf", or "ET1EXWIWSW" on the list come thursday; you will likely see their real names. If you do end up seeing screennames on the navadmin then we know that @Tony has been working with NPC all along.

Figured I had to give you some grief in order to lighten the mood around here.

:graphics-3d-smileys-546785:

1 hour ago, SARGUY2 said:

To further add to the RUMINT, I have heard from several sources that Thursday is the day. 

For those checking in...

As posted by CTRC(IW/SW/AW)
Results will be to the Triad on Thursday 03 August 2017 for Active and FTS/SELRES at 1100 with the NAVADMIN coming at 0800 on Friday the 4th. That's official.

:5260: