FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Signed and received a copy of my transfer eval.  Extremely satisfied with ranking & the write up!  I can now put the final touches on my package.  I've officially checked out of my command and am now attending my follow-on school (AWS), then, reporting to my ship in the fall.  Good times!  FYI for all, ensure your PRIMS data is current.  Most commands are conducting their Cycle 1 2014 PFA's from now through when the board convenes (23 June 2014 - Monday).  We did BCA today and the PRT portion on Monday.  Eval codes for PFA entries recently changed, and is listed on NAVADMIN 083/10 as well as ONAVINST 6110.1H, PHYSICAL READINESS PROGRAM.  Anyone else who has not participated in PFA during the respective eval cycle should have a code "N" on block 20 of your eval (Physical Readiness), and not be left blank. The appropriate passing code of "P" or the following codes; (Ex., PP - indicates there were two PFA's during reporting period and successfully passed both / NP - Indicates there were two PFA's during the reporting period and that the member was not required to participate in the first PFA and passed the second PFA).  Not sure how deep the boards reviews this block aside from PRIMS verification, but would like to hear some insight.  I've written enough of my Sailor's evals to know and ensure this block correctly reflects their participated PFA's.

Good luck ladies and gents!

P - PASSED BOTH PHYSICAL READINESS TEST (PRT) AND BODY COMPOSITION ASSESSMENT (BCA).

F - OVERALL PFA FAILURE (FAILED BCA OR PRT).

M - MEDICALLY WAIVED FROM ENTIRE PFA (BCA AND PRT).

W - PASSED BCA BUT MEDICALLY WAIVED FROM 1 OR MORE PRT EVENT(S).

B - PASSED THE BCA BUT WAS AUTHORIZED NON-PARTICIPATION IN THE PRT FOR OTHER

THAN MEDICAL WAIVER REASONS (SEE CODE N FOR NON-PARTICIPATION REASONS).  A 

COMMENT  WILL BE MADE IN THE COMMENTS ON PERFORMANCE BLOCK (BLOCK 43 - E1-E6 

EVALUATIONS, BLOCK 41 - FITNESS REPORTS, BLOCK 41 - E7-E9 CHIEF EVALUATIONS) 

WITH REASON FOR NON-PARTICIPATION.

N - NO PFA CONDUCTED DURING REPORTING PERIOD.  NON-PARTICIPATION IN ENTIRE 

PFA  (BCA AND PRT) DUE TO DEPLOYMENT/OPERATIONAL (DEP/OP), INDIVIDUAL 

AUGMENTEE MANPOWER MANAGEMENT (IAMM), GLOBAL SUPPORT ASSIGNMENT (GSA), 

PREGNANCY, TEMPORARY ADDITIONAL DUTY (TAD) OR EXCUSED AS DEFINED BY REF C.  

(NOTE:  BCAS SHALL BE ACCOMPLISHED ON ALL MEMBERS EVEN IF ONBOARD LESS THAN 10

WEEKS OR UNABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN PRT DUE TO DEP/OP.

DEP/OP FOR BCA MUST BE APPROVED BY THE IMMEDIATE SUPERIOR IN COMMAND (ISIC).

Great info however the most current instruction IRT the Physical Readiness Program would be the OPNAVINST 6110.1J

Guest Goalfocused

Question- I have already submitted an initial package of 10 pages with LTB. I need to submit two more pages (NEC 9502 Completion certificate and ATTWO Designation letter). My enclosures line on the LTB read: Encl: (1) Package of items for review

When I submit the two pages, do I submit them with another LTB? or do I just continue with the page numbers, add name/social and email it?

Question- I have already submitted an initial package of 10 pages with LTB. I need to submit two more pages (NEC 9502 Completion certificate and ATTWO Designation letter). My enclosures line on the LTB read: Encl: (1) Package of items for review

When I submit the two pages, do I submit them with another LTB? or do I just continue with the page numbers, add name/social and email it?

Anything you send to the board should be addressed to the President of the board thus requiring you to send in an additional cover letter with your most recent enclosures. Keep in mind there is no harm in sending in multiple packages.

Guest Blondie

I sent off for my PPME cert from NWC on Wednesday evening and it was in my inbox by this morning!  Quite a nice turn around.

Guest Goalfocused

Anything you send to the board should be addressed to the President of the board thus requiring you to send in an additional cover letter with your most recent enclosures. Keep in mind there is no harm in sending in multiple packages.

Very much appreciated!

Guest itdominance

sent in my package. I had to reset my password so have to wait 3 days for that to promulgate.

Hey all!

On the precept, does anyone know exactly what they are looking for CULTURAL ENGAGEMENT and FOREIGN LANGUAGE?

Any gouge will definitely help. Gracias and feliz cinco de mayo.

That verbiage would be geared towards personnel that are assigned to the Cultural Engagement Units(CEU) aka "Host Nation Interpreters". You have them all over the Navy but I work with them at my SEAL Teams. The reason they are looked at favorably is because they work out of rate per say. For example I just returned from a deployment to South Korea my interpreters were from the CEU and were South Korean. By trade they choose from a HM or BU when they enlist but they never actually work in those rates their sole purpose is to be translators. Hope that helps.

Guest MissileTech1

So I have read through all the comments and couldn't find anything about how the LTB and enclosures should be scanned and attached to email. My questions are, is PDF the correct format when scanning and should the documents attached in outlook  be 1 file with the LTB and enclosures or separate attachments for each item submitted?

Thanks

Guest Msduval2u

So, I submitted my package two Thursdays ago, the same day the PS1 did via safe. The next day, he got an email saying it was downloaded. I waited until that Monday and still nothing so, I sent a notification reminding them. Still nothing. So, I decided to mail it out last thursday. That afternoon at 1436, I got an email saying it was downloaded...The board is gonna receive my package twice. Hope they see I'm a hard charger and select me...lol

Guest FCC_Thawk

Almost time to send in my package for the board...  Sixth time up, definitely hope it's a charm haha.  Only sending in my PPME cert and Engagement Control Officer letter.  Good luck to everyone this year!

How do y'all feel about sending your 1070/881 page 4 from nsips. It's not in my ompf and only gets updated when you reenlist and if I send that it has my PPME on there so do I need to send cert?

How do y'all feel about sending your 1070/881 page 4 from nsips. It's not in my ompf and only gets updated when you reenlist and if I send that it has my PPME on there so do I need to send cert?

I would send in the cert vice your entire 1070/881 unless you have something else you want the board members to see on your 1070/881.

Guest itdominance

anyone having issues logging in to check the status of your package? I had to call NPC customer service on Friday morning to reset my password. I got a default one and was told to wait 3 days to login. I did that and am still getting an authentication error.

Guest itdominance

Is threre anything that we can do to get that check in the box? In example, language courses, nko course, profeciency exams?

Thanks

I completed College Spanish A & B last summer 2.5 credit hours each. Other than college or other transcripts IDK how you could submit your proficiency unless its in your record already.

Guest AZ4LIFE

MOVSM is still pending "choppin block". If it doesn't come back by then at least package would be in. But I think that would be definitely something I would like included....

You can send more than one package which it states in the NAVADMIN.  It says that it is strongly encouraged to send you package as soon as possible and send addendum's if you need to add something later.

As far as the other question that I have seen more than once for pdf files.....You should scan the entire package into one file and then upload.

Guest itdominance

I called NPC customer service yesterday. Was told it could take 7-10 business days for reset to go through. He did tell me my package was received and is in-processing.

I waited about 4 day(2 business) and was able to login. The first day I didn't have any updates, but the next day my package showed sent on Apr 28 and received on May 2.

Guest Fletch

I completed my bachelor's degree last year, but despite sending my transcripts to Pensacola, I'm not seeing it reflected on my electronic records.

For those submitting your degrees in your package, what document are you sending?  The diploma or an unofficial transcript from the college?

Guest itdominance

I completed my bachelor's degree last year, but despite sending my transcripts to Pensacola, I'm not seeing it reflected on my electronic records.

For those submitting your degrees in your package, what document are you sending?  The diploma or an unofficial transcript from the college?

Fletch, you have to have your school send an official transcript via snail mail (emails aren't accepted) to the VEC.

COMMANDING OFFICER

Center for Personal and Professional Development

Attn: Virtual Education Center

1905 Regulus Avenue, Ste. 234

Virginia Beach VA 23461-2009

Guest FCC_Thawk

For the former/current instructors that are going up for Chief or have already made it, should I send in my instructor certification to the board?  I just checked in to the command March 31 and I'm leaning towards sending it in to show that I already have it.

Guest Fletch

Fletch, you have to have your school send an official transcript via snail mail (emails aren't accepted) to the VEC.

COMMANDING OFFICER

Center for Personal and Professional Development

Attn: Virtual Education Center

1905 Regulus Avenue, Ste. 234

Virginia Beach VA 23461-2009

Wha-?

I thought the place to send it was in Pensacola.  Thanks for the correction.

Now I wonder who I DID send it to...

Guest FCC_Thawk

As a former instructor, I can say it is expected for you to become "certified" to teach, and is or should be reflected on your evaluation. In my opinion, I believe the board is looking primarily for MTS from board eligible Leaders who have served as instructors. I made it my absolute top priority to attain MTS when I became an instructor, and did so within 13 months of reporitng onboard. The board should recognize that fact that you just checked into a new command by seeing your new reporting senior or if you happened to have received a transfer eval from your command prior to detaching, and shouldn't count against you.

My 2 cents.

Good luck!

I didn't get a transfer eval as I had my last periodic eval extended. I'm working on MTS now but obviously won't have it by the time packages are due. I'll probably just leave it out and cross my fingers lol

I didn't get a transfer eval as I had my last periodic eval extended. I'm working on MTS now but obviously won't have it by the time packages are due. I'll probably just leave it out and cross my fingers lol[/quote

Send it in

Guest FTS(PS)

I am FTS and submitted my letter to the board a couple of weeks ago, but the one thing that I noticed from brainstorming with my fellow SBE eligible first classes at my command is that the format for the LTB has changed.  The enclosures line is no longer Encl: (1) Package of items for review....We are now required to list each item for review as a separate enclosure.  I changed mine at the last minute.  I couldn't help but think that this may have been some kind of test to see who really goes the extra mile to with their package...lol...Hope I was able to post this in time to help.