FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest HOPE2BLSC

Hi everyone,  

I am under the impression that you OMPF doesn't get updated with schools and quals until you check into a new command or when you re-enlist. Is this correct? If so, how do you recommend I get the classes that are currently being taken to the board. Oh, I must say, my last two classes for graduating end on June 12 and packages must be submitted by Jun 2. I was thinking about getting a letter of intent to graduate from my school to put in my package, do you think this may be a good idea? 

Hi everyone,  

I am under the impression that you OMPF doesn't get updated with schools and quals until you check into a new command or when you re-enlist. Is this correct? If so, how do you recommend I get the classes that are currently being taken to the board. Oh, I must say, my last two classes for graduating end on June 12 and packages must be submitted by Jun 2. I was thinking about getting a letter of intent to graduate from my school to put in my package, do you think this may be a good idea?

The course of action I would take would be obtaining the "Letter of intent to graduate" as you stated. If you are able to acquire this then there is no point of trying to get the aforementioned classes to the selection board because the "Letter of Intent" would make those null and void. One last alibi would be for you to ensure the "Letter of Intent" is on an official letter head from the college. Only mentioning because some don't understand the importance of official documents. Hope this helps.

Guest Blondie

Welcome Denver_CTN.  You share a similar avatar with shipwreck78...both of which I'm a huge fan of!

Would your name happen to be... Johnny?  What's it been, 13 years?  :)

Almost done with my JPME... how does that stack up with the PPME?

Guest LCS Guns

Would your name happen to be... Johnny?  What's it been, 13 years?  :)

Almost done with my JPME... how does that stack up with the PPME?

JPME is much easier than PPME in my opinion, as there is only one test you need to pass at the very end. It is a TON of lessons though, dealing with the nature of joint command such as uniforms and evaluations of other services. Pretty interesting but it takes a very long time to get through.

Guest AEONESTAR

Anybody know what the quickest way to get stuff added and taken out your ompf and how long does it usually take?

http://www.public.navy.mil/BUPERS-NPC/CAREER/TOOLBOX/Pages/default2.aspx

NPC Carrer Tool Box  will give you all the answers are looking for.  Some are quicker than others.  If not all updated by time you submit your package, you can address it in your LTB and let the board know you are aware of the discrepanices and have made the necessary contacts.  

Guest AEONESTAR

Hi everyone,  

The BUPERINST 1070.27C provides guidance on how to get your OMPF updated.  The Carrer Tool Box also has alot of information.  I know that I have people updating thier record for the last 12 months (without reenlisting or transfering).    I spoke to a NCC who told me that as of March of this year, your 1070/881 will no longer show completed college courses (only degrees).  I have looked at a few forms (last week), and it looks like that it is true.  You can do an unofficial transcript that has been verified as true, or the letter as you have suggested.  Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

Guest HOPE2BLSC

Thanks for the info.  So I let a Master Chief look at my package, he advised me to put in SOQ's I received even if they were when I was an E-5.  I don't want to go against what he said, but I would like some input from newly chief's or those that have sat on boards.  I don't want to send any paper that would deter the board. Please advise.   

Guest Msduval2u

Good luck, PPME is a beast!

Yes it is. I just finished it today and requested my cert so I can send to the board

I had this problem, too. Make sure you do the intro, all modules (finishing knowledge checks) and doing the post-test (or whatever it's called) and passing. Only when I completely finished the section did it bubble in and show completed.

I'm still getting 0 on the lesson but i'll get 100% on the knowledge check.  I have tried both going through the videos and just clicking through the slides do the checks and move one.  Every time I get 0%.  Any ideas???

Guest shooter mcgavin

im in the same boat as y'all in regards to JPME. It is complete and I have the NKO cert with a grade of 3. Yesterday I went back and re took the post test with no change. Now this has me debating whether to send this cert in with a low grade. 

Guest AEONESTAR

It seems like alot of members on here are scrambling to complete JPME, PPME, etc...

Quick story...I was approached by my CMC yesterday, who asked me if I had completed them, I replied "Yes, and they are all documented in my last 2 evals", he said "Great, but those hold zero weight over sustained superior performance"...

-Just my 2 cents

Great point; however, a sustained superior performer who has done them over a sustained superior performer who has not will hold more weight.....

- Just my 2 cents

Guest NavySquid79

I'm debating whether to send it in at all.  The course is documented and reflects on my 1070, and the only cert you receive is an NKO cert.  If there was a NWC Cert I would defiantly be sending it in.  But it is listed on the precepts along with the PPME, and would not want the JPME overlooked on my 1070.  What are all of your thoughts??  Has anyone heard anything from a Master Chief that has sat the board on sending in NKO certs? 

Guest AEONESTAR

NavySquid,

I also got a 7 on mine...but it's a completion. I scored 77% on the final exam when I took it only being 60ish% complete with the course material.

Smokey80,

If you look at your own quote from your CMC, that's almost a no brainer. SSP is the number one factor for selection, but most of us here are doing everything we can to make sure we are competitive as possible. Sometimes, that can be the difference between an "S" and an "N". I know when my First Class Mess ranks our junior guys, a guy that's doing college/outside education will always get a better ranking of someone with an equivalent performance record of someone who isnt. Same principle here.

It's on the precept for a reason.

SubIT,

Great point!   At the end of the day, it can come down to just the JMPE/PPME that gives a person the S or the N over another (especially if they are clearly discussed in the precepts).   Everone on here who is doing the PPME/JPME is on right track!!!  

Guest itdominance

SubIT,

Great point!   At the end of the day, it can come down to just the JMPE/PPME that gives a person the S or the N over another (especially if they are clearly discussed in the precepts).   Everone on here who is doing the PPME/JPME is on right track!!!  

exactly. It took me about 40 hours to do both the BPME/PPME and if anything it refreshed my knowledge on things I forgot and taught me others I didn't know. Like I have always been told in regards to training. Doing to much never hurts!

Guest grateoneone

I have a tough one for you guys, so hopefully some of you guys that are smarter than me can help me out. 

I have two PRT's missing in my PRIMS record (within the past five years).  This was before I was smart about keeping up on this stuff, so lesson learned and its something that I push hard on my peers and juniors about.  According to the PRT instruction, you can only request PRIMS corrections within 12 months of the occurance.  I double checked my evals, and my PRT's are documented there.  So where do I go from here? 

I have a tough one for you guys, so hopefully some of you guys that are smarter than me can help me out. 

I have two PRT's missing in my PRIMS record (within the past five years).  This was before I was smart about keeping up on this stuff, so lesson learned and its something that I push hard on my peers and juniors about.  According to the PRT instruction, you can only request PRIMS corrections within 12 months of the occurance.  I double checked my evals, and my PRT's are documented there.  So where do I go from here? 

The first thing you need to do is get in contact with the command you were attached to at the time the missing PFA cycles are listed. They will need the forms they utilized to document the Offical BCA and PRT cycle you are missing.

Once you get the documents tracked down, you will need to get in contact with PRIMS and attempt to get the correction made. Your base CFL should be able to help you out with the format for the letter of correction, if they have never done this before let me know and I will dig one up for you. The instruciton states corrections need to be made within 12 months, but if you come in with all your documents lined up and the command who missed the input are also attempting to get it corrected on their end, you may be in luck.

Hope this helps.

Guest AEONESTAR

****This is right off the Physical Fitness tab on NPC - January 2014 Egram***

If there is an error in PRIMS, what needs to be done to correct the error?

1. Per OPNAVINST 6110.1J, requests to correct PRIMS data must be submitted to OPNAV

within 1-year of occurrence.

2. Requests for corrections to PRIMS must be made in the form of a Letter of Correction (LOC). When submitting an LOC, include ALL supporting documentation (i.e. handwritten BCA/PRT score sheets, orders, medical waiver, orders, etc…).

Note:

- If no documentation is attached with the LOC, this will only delay the request.

- If you submitted your request via email, there is no need to mail or fax correspondence.

- There is no need to forward Assistant Command Fitness Leader (ACFL) designation letters to OPNAV N170B. The CFL will grant ACFL access to PRIMS.

______________________________________________________________________________________

I just had someone try to update their PRIMS, and the response from them (via email as of yesterday) was that it was over one year and they referred straight to the instruction saying they could not do anything.   I have told him to address it in his LTB, and let them know that he eval reflects the passing score, but PRIMS cannot update due to over 1 year.   

***If you can have the command provide all the documents and the LOC, I would give it a shot.   If that does not work, address it in your LTB so the board know you attempted to fix it but was able to do so.*****

Stupid question.  In order to send the LTB, the message must be encrypted.  Outlook requires a cert to do so.  From years past, I can't remember where to go to download the cert.  Any guidance?

Here you go: https://dod411.gds.disa.mil.  It's found on the Selection Board page on NPC.  I couldn't get it to work right for me last year, but they still took it unencrypted.  Good luck!