FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest shooter mcgavin

question for the Chiefs out there...do you recommend submitting an NKO cert in my package for JPME? it is not listed in my eval so this is a way to show completion. Additionally for my PPME cert, can that be submitted to OMPF? both of these I do not have captured in my last eval; i was deployed to AFG and since it was full of other accomplishments I did not have room to include these two. Thanks in advance.

Guest BIGSMOOTH

I just want to know if anybody really know what should go in a CPO package. I was told dont submit USMAP Certs and the told to submit them. I was told to submit evals in the package then told if they are already in your OMPF the dont. Designation letters if they are on your evals then dont submit but was told to submit them still because they only have 20 minutes to go over each package. I just want to know what to submit.

Guest itdominance

I just want to know if anybody really know what should go in a CPO package. I was told dont submit USMAP Certs and the told to submit them. I was told to submit evals in the package then told if they are already in your OMPF the dont. Designation letters if they are on your evals then dont submit but was told to submit them still because they only have 20 minutes to go over each package. I just want to know what to submit.

I am submiiting all 3 of my USMAP certs, microsoft certs, Letter of admittance into grad school starting in August(grad my BS in July), copy of my AA degree, and a summary letter. Leaving nothing to chance this year. This is my 9th time up for and retire in 2016.

On a side note, I just enrolled in JPME. Something to knock out on duty days. For those that completed it...approx how long did it take you to finish?

SubIT it all depends on the individual completing the JPME. In my case it was done in one working day. Keep in mind this is in between Department Head meetings and seeing patients. However if you're not the moto type it could take days. One last alibi descent internet connection plays a part also. Hope this helps.

April 01 2014 Factoids

Clinical studies have proven that members without
profile pictures are 87% more likely to develop a butt rash

This Factoid has been brought to you by Navy Forum for Enlisted, Veterans, Spouses and Family

:graphics-3d-smileys-649761:

Tony hurried and got myself a profile picture. I'm not sure if I have enough butt rash cream to treat myself and all the others who fall into that dreaded 87%.

Tony hurried and got myself a profile picture. I'm not sure if I have enough butt rash cream to treat myself and all the others who fall into that dreaded 87%.

lol, yeah I saw that IDC8425, pretty darn good profile pic too  :graphics-3d-smileys-290149:

Guest Blondie

3 ICCMs will be named this year. I don't believe this will have any impact on the next few years as far as ICC advancement, but it's good to see. Never thought I'd make IC1, now I'm looking at ICCM not being a pipe dream!

Three spots for Master Chiefs in my rating this year as well.  Hopefully it will open up a few more CPO spots!

Guest Blondie

SubIT it all depends on the individual completing the JPME. In my case it was done in one working day. Keep in mind this is in between Department Head meetings and seeing patients. However if you're not the moto type it could take days. One last alibi descent internet connection plays a part also. Hope this helps.

How long is your working day??  The JPME I'm looking at is dozens of hours long!  Is there a way to get through it quicker?

How long is your working day??  The JPME I'm looking at is dozens of hours long!  Is there a way to get through it quicker?

Blondie i arrive at work at 0600 and depart 1530. Unfortunately there is no shortcut in this process which brings me to my next point, if and when the Selection Board members see you have completed the PPME and JPME courses they know you have set time aside to complete these. Often most 1st Classes login to complete these and see the amount of work and back out of completing because it's too much work involved. Most if not all Selection Board members have been to the Senior Enlisted Academy, as a prerequisite to attend they must complete the SE PPME and know our pain.

Guest AEONESTAR

Good morning everyone.  Second year SBE and second year to this forum.  There was a lot of great info passed last year, should be the same this year.  To SARswim, as I was preparing my package last year, the majority of the  Chief's Mess said the Summary Letter is optional but highly encouraged.  A few Chiefs said it's frowned upon and not really looked at anymore.  The CMC at my last command wanted everyone to include a Summary Letter in their package and he has sat on a few of the Boards.  When it comes down to it, it's your package and you have to be satisfied and comfortable with what you are submitting.  Just my thoght.  What does everyone else feel about th eSummary Letter?

doc,

I can tell you that I did not submit a letter for my CPO or SCPO package, and have been against them (since they are not in the NAVADMIN or chapter 12 of the advancement manual).  However, I have spoken to 3 MCPO's (HMCM,AFCM,CMDCM) this week, and they all liked them on the board.  Made a great SNAPSHOT of the last five years.  You will hear 20 different answers from 20 different people.  At the end of the day, it is your package, and what ever makes you feel better about your chances.

Ha!   I remember you shipwreck78...Never forget that avatar...welcome back and good luck!

Thanks!  Yeah, you were the first one I recognized.  I think we've been doing this too long!

Guest Msduval2u

Got four of seven of my PPME completed...definitely pushing to have them completed this weekend. Already got my JPME and USMAPS completed

Guest itdominance

I completed BPME in 3 hours. I am on module 4 of PPME. Where did everyone do the JPME? everything I see for that one is 04 and above and it takes months to complete.

Guest Msduval2u

I think I did mine through defense military university but, there's only certain times it's available for Enlisted.

Guest itdominance

Hey All,

Another long time lurker here!

I am working on my LTB and I was wondering if anyone is submitting a career summary letter. Does anyone have the format to this?

Also, if anyone needs a good cover letter format, I think I can help!

Thanks,

Derek

pm me your email addy and I will email you a template.

I completed BPME in 3 hours. I am on module 4 of PPME. Where did everyone do the JPME? everything I see for that one is 04 and above and it takes months to complete.

The JPME Msduval was speaking about "was" which is the key word offered through Joint Forces Staff College. Prior to 1 Mar 14 the SEJPME was offered to E-6 personnel however once enrollment was opened again E-6s were not allowed to enroll into the course. In short the only option as stated above is the JPME offered through NKO. Hope this helps.

Guest Msduval2u

The JPME Msduval was speaking about "was" which is the key word offered through Joint Forces Staff College. Prior to 1 Mar 14 the SEJPME was offered to E-6 personnel however once enrollment was opened again E-6s were not allowed to enroll into the course. In short the only option as stated above is the JPME offered through NKO. Hope this helps.

Thanks for clearing that up for me IDC8425

Guest itdominance

Anybody know what the quickest way to get stuff added and taken out your ompf and how long does it usually take?

that depends. took 3 months get my associates degree added. I am still in the process of having an incorrect eval corrected and that's been 4 years. Hopefully the BCNR corrects it soon. I got a letter that its under review and will have a decision in 30 days as of March 20th. I had to submit my transfer eval and that took only a couple weeks. Each pers department is different.

and more old timers checking in. As a reminder, the forum got hacked last year, and their was a change of servers so there was some frustration on a few's parts and some thought they got booted  :P . But both situations required a fresh restart to the point where everyone had to create a new account. So if you are sitting on the fence wondering why you lost your account, join up  :128_19: