FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Exactly.  All the Aegis Chiefs I know submitted CSOOW & CSC designation letters when they were First Class's up for Chief, and AIR as well if they had them.  Not being selected will have absolutely nothing to do with sending in documents that are otherwise already listed on an eval or OMPF.  It's poorly written evals, lack of SSP, Leadership, or qualifications....remember in the precepts..."Best qualified, Fully Qualified, Sustained Superior Performance", and let's not forget, what's not listed, making yourself marketable and competitive.  If you have all of this, then you are good to go!

Congrats on being a fellow qualified CSOOW...I've known a few who did not get the qual!

Good luck!

My CSMM (FCCM) advised me to include my CSC letter even though it's on my last eval.  For an ET, it stands out.  I don't plan on including my CSOOW letter, since it's a pre-req for CSC, and the board will know this.

Guest Msduval2u

I love reading everyone's thoughts and ideas on how to pick up chief. Each one of us have been told so many different things

How do y'all feel about the magic 8-ball theory? I think they pull your record and shake an 8-ball. If it is an affirmative response, you're in. if not, you're out. Lol!!! Just playing good luck guys and gals!!! 01AUG2014 1245 CDT is my guess

Guest Blondie

I just realized an entire PFA is missing from PRIMS.  It is from several years ago and I was BOG for the entire cycle (1 Jan through 30 Jun).  My other cycles for which I was BOG are either listed as "Dep/Op" or "TAD", although they have a completed BCA.  Is this a big deal that the entire cycle is absent?  And if so, does anyone know how to fix it?  I'm checking my references now.  My evals denote that I was deployed and exempt for the period, if that matters.

Guest Blondie

Check with your CFL.  There is a grace period to correct PRIMS discrepancies (I believe it's 2 or 3 years), before the process becomes exponentially more difficult to correct.  If your command that the missing PRIMS data is not decommissioned, the process is somewhat easier.  The new policy is that CFL's are required to enter information from the corresponding PFA cycles within 30 days of competition of said PRT and it is the service member's responsibility to verify score entry.   If for some unfortunate reason the grace period has expired or there's nothing anyone can do, you can at least note a statement on your LTB mentioned basically that you've identified the discrepancy and have done everything you can to correct it.

Hope that helps.

Good luck!

Thanks!  I'll check with them first thing tomorrow.

The period we (CFL) are required to keep records for five years. if it was within five years and the records are maintained you should be fine

Guest Goalfocused

Where are my fellow OS's

How's it going? Yes, the number of SBE's did drop. What kind of things are you submitting, if anything? This is my first time up and early. I already submitted a 10 page package consisting of xfer eval, 2 SOQ LOC's, community service letter, EOT NAM, BPME, PPME, JPME certs, and my Associates Degree. Thinking about submitting my ATTWO designation letter since it talks about batteries release authority but I do have it all over my evals. Any pointers?

Guest NavySquid79

How's it going? Yes, the number of SBE's did drop. What kind of things are you submitting, if anything? This is my first time up and early. I already submitted a 10 page package consisting of xfer eval, 2 SOQ LOC's, community service letter, EOT NAM, BPME, PPME, JPME certs, and my Associates Degree. Thinking about submitting my ATTWO designation letter since it talks about batteries release authority but I do have it all over my evals. Any pointers?

I will be submitting my ATTWO letter of designation. When the CO trusts you with batteries release authority I think it's safe to say you are performing at the next level. The CO just doesn't designate anyone as an ATTWO.

Guest Msduval2u

Yeat frustrating! I dont understand why there is no clear cut guidance to guarantee selection...

Know its open to interpretation or suggestions but noone really knows 100%

Because, if it were that easy, we would all be Chiefs already :-)

Guest Goalfocused

I will be submitting my ATTWO letter of designation. When the CO trusts you with batteries release authority I think it's safe to say you are performing at the next level. The CO just doesn't designate anyone as an ATTWO.

That's understandable, but my question is should I submit the letter even though my past 3 evals talk about it? I agree with your statement that not everyone is designated by the CO with batteries release and since the designation letter expressily states it, then I am going to submit it. An ITC that was selected last year told me, in regards to submitting things, "If I was to be rejected, they were going to reject all of me" Some good advice in my opinion.

Guest ITCSDPW

That's understandable, but my question is should I submit the letter even though my past 3 evals talk about it? I agree with your statement that not everyone is designated by the CO with batteries release and since the designation letter expressily states it, then I am going to submit it. An ITC that was selected last year told me, in regards to submitting things, "If I was to be rejected, they were going to reject all of me" Some good advice in my opinion.

Definitely submit that ATTWO letter. I didn't have a copy of mines but it was documented in my eval and added on my Career Summer Sheet last year.

Guest itdominance

submitting my package on the 1st. 17 enclosures total. Mostly training certs not in my ompf. 2 USMAP certs, specialized training (Microsoft, COMPTIA), NWC Certs, masters degree acceptance letter and plan, LOD not in my last eval, and a summary letter. I also pointed out the validity for my Air Medal Strike that I was awarded in April 2007 for operations in the Middle East. Not many IT's with that one.

I haven't been on a ship in almost 12 years though. Thats the primary reason I may never ever make it. Been an E-6 now since being frocker December 2003. UGG!

Guest itdominance

I would not submit your acceptance letter for the Masters degree....they want to see what you have accomplished, not what you intend to accomplish....my .02 cents. Remember that they have to look at EVERYTHING you submit, an acceptance letter doesn't show you've earned your graduate degree....yet

my acceptance letter also includes the grad date of my bachelor's program which concludes during the board.

Guest shooter mcgavin

Does anyone have a template for an FCPOA position designation letter? My command has not issued these out in the past and my Admin is willing to send it up. Just wanting to put the finishing touches on my package. Thanks in advance.

Guest ITCSDPW

I have never heard of a FCPOA designation letter. The reason we have designation letters for most of our quals and collaterals is because they are required. I can't see a need for a FCPOA designation letter.

Guest ITCSDPW

I know they were referring to a positional FCPOA designation letter. I see the value in it for someone who has been voted into a postion after the evaluation period so you can let the board know. Like everything else we do I know it won't hurt to have it for your package. Good luck to you all.

Guest shooter mcgavin

yes just referring to a positional designation letter. After conferring with mulitiple Chiefs at my command they say dont do it, I have enough command involvement to fill whatever check in the box the board may be looking for and my SEA said that commands do not issue those officially anyway.

Guest NavySquid79

There is a deference in being qualified and designated. For instance, I when I was on a LHD, my CO would only designate E8 and above or O3 and above as ATTWO's. As an MA1 on that ship, I was able to get qualified ATTWO to train and sign off the PQS, but I was not designated. When I went to a DDG as the CMAA, the CO designated me as ATTWO with batteries release authority and I was the only blue shirt designated ATTWO. My evals do say qualified ATTWO, but I'll be sending in the letter as well to show the board not only was I qualified but I was standing the watch.

Guest tokeisch

I just received a designation letter as an FCC examiner. Thinking of sending it to the board.  Can i get some feedback?

Edit: Sent..

Morning all... thanks for the re-add, Tony.   Been a lurker/rare contributor here since PO3.  Now it's my 4th time up for CPO and wondering where the time went.  

I saw it brought up a few threads ago... Can everyone that has a template for a 'career summary letter' send me anything you've got please?  Seems the board is trending more in favor of those nowadays, from my impressions.  Thanks, and good luck to all!

Your welcome mo1028 thanks for joining back up. I see tokeisch too so welcome back too. Glad to see the old timers joining  back up since the forum hack job.

:graphics-3d-smileys-986177:

Guest Mustang6235

The instructions do say multiple letters can be sent in instead of one big package at the end. So yeah, you're good.

Guest Sleeping Dog

Morning all... thanks for the re-add, Tony.   Been a lurker/rare contributor here since PO3.  Now it's my 4th time up for CPO and wondering where the time went.  

I saw it brought up a few threads ago... Can everyone that has a template for a 'career summary letter' send me anything you've got please?  Seems the board is trending more in favor of those nowadays, from my impressions.  Thanks, and good luck to all!

Please read my post (below) from a few weeks ago below with regards to "career summary letters". Seems like boards are trending away from them, if anything. However, it is your package and you alone decide what goes into it. Good luck!

I realize there are lots of people on here that intend to submit "career summaries". Consider this from NPC's Enlisted Advancement Selection Boards presentation, dated March 2014:

"3. Should a career summary letter be included with my LTB?"

The answer? "By policy, only items missing from the candidate's OMPF should be included in their LTB."

Use this link for details:

http://www.public.na...nformation.aspx

Near the top of the page is a link to the ppt that reads "PERS 803 Advancement Selection Board Presentation". It is loaded with a lot of great info. I stongly encourage reading and sharing it. The information I quoted is from page 24.

I hope this helps...