FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Started off with 8 enclosures and a few MCPOs told me that drop a few other things that I had even though they were outside of the 5 years. Had me drop in my CSOOW letter since I'm an STG.

Guest Blondie

I had a PIM from my last overseas TAD, my JPME/PPME certs, a pg 13, and three warfare pins (which for some reason weren't in my OMPF...), so seven

How should I label my enclosure for the PPME Cert Navy War College? Second question should I both wringing the board about a duplicate document if it's well over five years old?

The second question should read, should I bother writing the board about duplicate documents well over five years old?

Guest Blondie

Has anyone noticed a trend in E7 quotas based on the numbers of E8/9 quotas in a given cycle?  Logic tells me if there are more chiefs advancing to senior chief then there should be more E7 quotas opening up for the PO1s, but I am wary of my logic... the Navy has proved me wrong before :)

Guest Blondie

How should I label my enclosure for the PPME Cert Navy War College?

I labeled it literally as it is titled:  "Primary Enlisted PME Course certificate".

Guest charlesb

I labeled mine as "Certificate of Completion, Primary Enlisted PME Course."

And I'm at 13 enclosures.  It's my last chance, so I figured more is better.

I don't know about any correlation between the E8/E9 numbers and the E7 numbers.  (If there is, it's bad news for us MU's - we got only one of each.  :( )

As far as E7/8/9 numbers go, it helps to understand the health of your rate. If you look at the Community Manger slides on NPC, you can see how the manning is within each pay grade. Sometimes it's frustrating for the lower ranks to see more 9 quotas than PO3, as was the case with CTT in 2012. It's usually not a simple x people made 9 so x people will make 8 and so forth.

Guest Blondie

I check it out every month to see how the EPA for fy 15 changes. The inventory vs EPA is looking good so far for FC AEGIS, but you never know.

How has that looked in the past?  I see the current health of my rating, but without being able to see old slides and bounce them with historical advancement rates it doesn't tell me much.  Other than my rating is slightly overmanned, of course.

Guest KJAN0105

I have yet to submit my package and I know I don't have much time. I've only completed blocks 1-4 of the PPME...should I send all four certs or just my 1070/881 which has the PPME info?

I have yet to submit my package and I know I don't have much time. I've only completed blocks 1-4 of the PPME...should I send all four certs or just my 1070/881 which has the PPME info?

You still have time to compete the remaining modules. If I were you I would lock myself down and get them done sooner rather than later. I think it would look better to send in a completed PPME certificate vice annotating completed modules.

Guest maka

Upon completion of all modules and you send your training record to the Navy War College, within 24 hours they will send you a completion certificate that looks better than individual NKO certificates.

Guest KJAN0105

IDC8425 and Maka, thank you so much for the suggestion! I will definitely finish it up. Best of luck to everyone!

Guest FTS(PS)

Judging on how long it is taking them to get these Senior Chief results out....I would say that at least for my board, which convened on the 19th....that I shouldn't expect anything before June 20th.....although there were a lot of zeros as far as quotas are concerned on the reserve side....trying to prepare myself for if I make it.....Being in Great Lakes will surely make my phase 2 not only memorable......but extremely challenging...

Guest FCC_Thawk

So... I had to send in a second package last Friday. I received my instructor certification, and after thinking about it, I ended up sending in another package with that one enclosure. I figured that even though it's expected of me to get it, I figured it can only help my case to make FCC. Again, good luck to everyone going up for Chief!

I'm not sure if the board reads them however, i've been told by a FY12 board member, they do tally points for volunteer work, and you do max out for having the MOVSM.

Several Master Chiefs have told me the same thing.

How do you initially login to the NPC website to "check package status"? I followed the directions that were previously mentioned in this thread, to this page ( https://ahdsedstws16.ahf.nmci.navy.mil/OA_HTML/npc.html ). I read that my username is my social and that i will be prompted to change my password after initial login however, I am unable to initially login. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had to get my password reset also.  Just call the 800 number and they will reset it for you.

Mailed the package on the 20th, nothing yet.  Hoping that's just due to the long weekend.  Anyway, still got a copy I can email if need be.

Guest Mustang6235

I looked up the info that most career summary letters contain, and found that the PSR pretty much already has that exact same info. I agree, its a waste of time.

Guest USMCDR

I am wondering how they are going to do the call out. Since the internet came around seems like Sailors got the news faster than the triad, but this last change had everyone surprised like the old days! Do you think when results come out they will call all the SBE to meet and disclose the results or do it in front of the whole command? I know on the ship they just called over the 1MC. Fourth time up and I still feel like vomiting just thinking about results... :blink:

Great points.  If you are ready to be selected, your eval should at the very minimum reflect such.  However, the instruction is laid out so that packages can be submitted with an open interpretation/disclaimer to send in whatever you feel necessary.  Even it is redundant, the board eligible member may not know it is, and as you stated, the selection criteria changes almost every year, even if it is not by much.  We've all heard of Chiefs, Senior Chiefs, and Master Chiefs who were selected even when sending in what we may interpret as redundant paperwork , including the career summary letter.  In my opinion, they were selected because their evals spoke directly to the board that they had what they were looking for that year, probably to the point that the extra documents weren't even necessary.  It's like having a cake with icing, even without the icing (LTB package), you've still got a delicious cake (evals)!  I completely agree with you in regards to the career summary letter.  Thought about sending one in, but decided not too because it seem unreliable to a board of 20+ year Master Chiefs and Officers who have written and reviewed many of their own Sailor's evaluations, Fitreps, and Chief Evals and know how to navigate through smoke!  Ultimately, if you are ready, it should be very simple to make that determination!

Good luck to all.

..Till all are one!

Well said.  Exactly what I was thinking.  You can speak to 5 different Master Chiefs and you'll get 7 different answers on how to submit a package.  There is no tried and true way but SSP. I know a Senior that picked up Chief and Senior first time up and he always included a summary letter.  Personally I don't agree with them since they aren't official.   I only send official information to the board.  Another thing too...the board doesn't see NSIPS unless you send it so they will not see your PME certs.  I'd rather them see the 1 cert vice looking for all 7 modules.  It is easier for them to view the cert then for them to sift thru the small print on the 881.

I will say this tho I will go down the list looking for the name Jenkballs because I know it will be on there!!

Guest amcreed

So I used AMRDEC SAFE this year to send my package in.  I really like how I was able to see when they downloaded it.  Maybe third time really is a charm.....