FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest ITCSDPW

In order to liven up the discussion while we wait, what is the first thing you will do when you get selected? For those out there that are already members of the brother/sisterhood what did you do? What were the emotions like?

The first thing you will do is get excited and get called to the Chief's mess.

The first thing you will do is get excited and get called to the Chief's mess.

im sure I will be more nervous than excited. Nerves should be fine if I get a chance to call my wife first

What do you guys think about the Navy giving the results to the commands the days before publishing them to the masses? I think its a good thing that leadership will have the ability to frame the news especially when someone doesn't advance.

I thinks that is how it should be. But then again! Some can careless to give the information in a timely manner. It might be pretty low in the priority list.

I look forward to being able to tell my guys first.

I thinks that is how it should be. But then again! Some can careless to give the information in a timely manner. It might be pretty low in the priority list.

That's how it used to be where the results only came via your command (minus the hookups) and fast. 

They were never careless about releasing them late unless someone wanted to walk the plank forcing the sailor to swim to a deserted Isle in shark infested waters with the only hope of possibly finding a stashed treasure with a bottle of rum...

:graphics-3d-smileys-618503:

That's how it used to be where the results only came via your command (minus the hookups) and fast.

They were never careless about releasing them late unless someone wanted to walk the plank forcing the sailor to swim to a deserted Isle in shark infested waters with the only hope of possibly finding a stashed treasure with a bottle of rum...

:graphics-3d-smileys-618503:

Lol, and that rum better be there too

Guest Msduval2u

What do you guys think about the Navy giving the results to the commands the days before publishing them to the masses? I think its a good thing that leadership will have the ability to frame the news especially when someone doesn't advance.

Taking it back to the old school...I like it

In order to liven up the discussion while we wait, what is the first thing you will do when you get selected? For those out there that are already members of the brother/sisterhood what did you do? What were the emotions like?

I'm gonna hold my head down and thank the most high for allowing me to join such an awesome brother and sisterhood. Then make a few phone calls of some very important people in my life. I'll save the partying for after the ceremony.

The wait was easier last year because I was in Afghanistan, but this year is already pure torture. I will have my PCS in July to distract me for the worst part though. Also, prayer is a must for me also. Then I think I will try to steal a nap lol.

Guest Blondie

Submitted my package today.  Went over it with a fine tooth comb and still noticed a formatting mistake within two seconds of clicking submit.  That's how it goes, I guess.  Good luck everyone!

Guest Msduval2u

I'm gonna hold my head down and thank the most high for allowing me to join such an awesome brother and sisterhood. Then make a few phone calls of some very important people in my life. I'll save the partying for after the ceremony.

I would definitely thank the man upstairs for allowing me to continue my career then, I would wait for my husband to call and let me know if he made it or not...

I'll be doing the same until the realization sets in and I jolt out the door and run to my wife's command two streets over lol.

Guest FTS(PS)

I would definitely thank the man upstairs for allowing me to continue my career then, I would wait for my husband to call and let me know if he made it or not...

Would be awesome if you both made it this cycle.  It will be a very busy time but I cant think of anyone better to go through phase 2 with than a significant other.  Good Luck to you both.

Guest Msduval2u

Would be awesome if you both made it this cycle.  It will be a very busy time but I cant think of anyone better to go through phase 2 with than a significant other.  Good Luck to you both.

Thanks. I'm praying we both get selected this cycle

Thanks. I'm praying we both get selected this cycle

The year I made it we had a couple in our group. They pinned each other. Good luck to both of you!

Finally submitted the ol' package yesterday.  Went over it probably a thousand times before finally clicking encrypt, then send.  I looked over the BUPERINST, MILPERSMAN, & NAVADMIN 288/13 to ensure all was done right, on top of talking to pretty much every Chief to Master Chief at my command.  I've done my part, time to sit back and let the process work.  Luckily I am in the middle of going through a 5 month school and about to PCS to San Diego, back to sea duty.  And I'm taking a college class, 5 shy from attaining my Bachelor's Degree.  Plenty of things to keep me busy until game time!  23Jun can not come soon enough.

Good luck all!

Good luck bud. It's about time!!

Guest FCC_Thawk

Emailed my package this morning...  Sent in my PME certificate, Engagement Control Officer Designation Letter, an eval extension letter, and Tactical Tomahawk Weapon System Engineering Certificate...  Hopefully this is my time, I've been up six times now.  Good luck to everyone waiting for that "S"!! 

Guest Msduval2u

The year I made it we had a couple in our group. They pinned each other. Good luck to both of you!

That would be so awesome. Only downfall for us, he'll be deployed before the pinning :(

Yeah, this thread will pick up considerably when the board convenes and quotas are released.

I bet Tony is stocking up on "bandaids" for the servers and "refreshments" as we speak in preparation for late July when the F5ing gets out of control.

True statement lol