FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest Blondie

I'd like to know this, as well - the official start date. For most of us, the 15 NOV 2009 eval?

That would only give them four evals to work with, though (9-10, 10-11, 11-12, 12-13) plus any concurrents and transfer evals in between.  I really don't know though!

Guest Sleeping Dog

Hello everyone. 

Can someone please send me a career summary template.  Thank you. 

I realize there are lots of people on here that intend to submit "career summaries". Consider this from NPC's Enlisted Advancement Selection Boards presentation, dated March 2014:

"3. Should a career summary letter be included with my LTB?"

The answer?  "By policy, only items missing from the candidate's OMPF should be included in their LTB."

Use this link for details:

http://www.public.navy.mil/BUPERS-NPC/BOARDS/ACTIVEDUTYENLISTED/Pages/GeneralInformation.aspx

Near the top of the page is a link to the ppt that reads "PERS 803 Advancement Selection Board Presentation". It is loaded with a lot of great info. I stongly encourage reading and sharing it. The information I quoted is from page 24.

I hope this helps...

I realize there are lots of people on here that intend to submit "career summaries". Consider this from NPC's Enlisted Advancement Selection Boards presentation, dated March 2014:

"3. Should a career summary letter be included with my LTB?"

The answer? "By policy, only items missing from the candidate's OMPF should be included in their LTB."

Use this link for details:

http://www.public.navy.mil/BUPERS-NPC/BOARDS/ACTIVEDUTYENLISTED/Pages/GeneralInformation.aspx

Near the top of the page is a link to the ppt that reads "PERS 803 Advancement Selection Board Presentation". It is loaded with a lot of great info. I stongly encourage reading and sharing it. The information I quoted is from page 24.

I hope this helps...

Found and read the same PPT on NPC. Made me think twice about sending in my summary letter. I don't want to deviate from instruction and show I can't pay attention to detail. Thanks for posting for others to see and think about.

Guest AEONESTAR

I finish my AA in General studies June 3rd, I won't be submitting anything in my LTB/ package.

Straight from the from BUPERSINST 1430.16F.  Something that may help to your advantage.  I would imagine that not many people will or have used this. 

1205. CORRESPONDING WITH THE SELECTION BOARD. Only the candidate may submit unofficial correspondence to the President of the selection board. Include a simple cover letter (see

figure 12-1). Short statements to explain any item of concern not covered by submission of a document may be made (see figure

12-2). The candidate’s command may officially advise the board of a specific accomplishment such as earning a college degree or

receipt of an award after the candidate has submitted a package (see figure 12-3) and prior to the selection board convening.

Once a selection board convenes, supplemental correspondence and messages will not be forwarded to the board for review. Refer to the latest NAVADMIN selection board announcement message for due dates, address, and other submission guidelines.

Guest itdominance

Well, here's to hoping, my NJP was 30 June 2009.

I had my NJP and associated paperwork stricken from my record in July 2010 along with my rank giving back to me after a 2 month investigation. Subsequently I received a bad/incorrect transfer evaluation. The eval was/has been rejected by pers-32 and still shows up. I have been fighting this for almost 4 years. THE BCNR is looking at my case right now and hopefully it goes away. I didn't make board the last 3 cycles due to that eval pulling my pma down. been a long drawn out process.

In good news I got my BPME(03 Apr) and PPME(09 Apr) NWC certs today. 

Straight from the from BUPERSINST 1430.16F.  Something that may help to your advantage.  I would imagine that not many people will or have used this. 

1205. CORRESPONDING WITH THE SELECTION BOARD. Only the candidate may submit unofficial correspondence to the President of the selection board. Include a simple cover letter (see

figure 12-1). Short statements to explain any item of concern not covered by submission of a document may be made (see figure

12-2). The candidate’s command may officially advise the board of a specific accomplishment such as earning a college degree or

receipt of an award after the candidate has submitted a package (see figure 12-3) and prior to the selection board convening.

Once a selection board convenes, supplemental correspondence and messages will not be forwarded to the board for review. Refer to the latest NAVADMIN selection board announcement message for due dates, address, and other submission guidelines.

NAVADMIN 288/13, paragraph 12, supersedes this info. I would copy/paste the info here, but I'm on a mobile device and it isn't copying correctly.

Guest AZ4LIFE

:)Good catch.  That's why I love this forum...more sets of eyeballs 

Yep that is a perfect example why this Forum is awesome.  Good looking out on the correction.

Guest AZ4LIFE

When are you guys planning on submitting your package? 

I am just waiting until the middle of May to see if my FLOC gets back by then if not I am submitting it without it. 

The things I am submitting are;

Associates Degree

JPME cert

PPME cert

USMAP Cert (if it's not in OMPF by then)

SSOQ FLOC (if I receive it by then) \

everything else is updated.  Any thoughts on what I am planning on submitting? :)

Question for everyone who is submitting their PPME, JPME or Navy Cool certs, are they documented in your evals? If so, is it to bring them to the forefront?

I ask because I have gone back and forth on sending some of these documents in also. I keep falling back on "don't send it in" since it states to send items in that are not visible in your OMPF and Evals are definitely visible and the items are documented in block 44... I don't know, curious to hear others thoughts on this who are facing the same situation.

:)Good catch.  That's why I love this forum...more sets of eyeballs

Yep that is a perfect example why this Forum is awesome.  Good looking out on the correction.

This is what it's all about. The more knowledge we gain, the more knowledge we can pass on!

Guest AZ4LIFE

Question for everyone who is submitting their PPME, JPME or Navy Cool certs, are they documented in your evals? If so, is it to bring them to the forefront?

I ask because I have gone back and forth on sending some of these documents in also. I keep falling back on "don't send it in" since it states to send items in that are not visible in your OMPF and Evals are definitely visible and the items are documented in block 44... I don't know, curious to hear others thoughts on this who are facing the same situation.

I am sending mine because I sat down with a Master Chief last year that has sat more than one CPO Board and he said that because they take so much time to complete that the board views them on the same scale as an associates degree.  Mine are documented on my eval but I am choosing to also submit them in my package.  My 2 cents though.

Guest shooter mcgavin

I know i am nukin' it with this question but wanted to throw this at y'all....

when submitting a package and including your name, ssn and enclosure number on each document are you placing that info on the top right corner as you view the document on your computer or in the top right corner if you were to print out the package? Reason I ask is these packages are printed out and some documents are in in portrait view like a designation letter and some are viewed in landscape like an NKO cert or NAM citation. 

Does anyone think this matters to the board? I am thinking attention to detail here and want everything to look uniform and squared away. 

Guest Blondie

I thought AE= Airframers Enemy... :huh:

The enemies of the framers who worked on my planes were those of us that flew in them...

Guest TridentSeaWarrior0625

Paragraph 12b of NAVADMIN 288/13 states: 

ALL LETTERS TO THE BOARD SHOULD BE ON PLAIN WHITE PAPER, PAPER

CLIPPED (NO STAPLES, BINDERS, FOLDERS, OR TABS), AND SUBMITTED UNDER COVER

LETTER TO THE PRESIDENT OF THE BOARD. CANDIDATES MUST VERIFY THE CORRECT

BOARD NUMBER (SEE BELOW) IS ON THEIR COVER LETTER TO ENSURE THEIR LETTER

APPEARS BEFORE THE PROPER BOARD.

Can someone tell me what exactly the cover letter is.  I am assuming the cover letter is the letter found at the bottom of this webpage: 

Guest shooter mcgavin

Are you planning on emailing or sending via snailmail? Not that it matters too much, but I would think that when you scan and email it, just make sure any Landscape type documents all read the same way as to not frustrate the board member to potentially make them tilt their head back and forth reading your documents.

Personally, my 2 landscape type documents I'm sending I'm sending so they read from bottom to top (rotating the document counterclockwise 90 degrees) and then re-printing my personal info on them that way.

I wouldnt stress over it, as look as it looks professional. I helped a few of the board eligibles at my command last year since I had all the formatting saved in word files and 2 of them picked it up, so I guess it was right. :usa:

I am going to email it in, but i would imagine they print it out and review it with your record so in that case the pages would not all face the same way. No big deal but i stress over these little details i just want to make sure it is perfect. 

If anyone needs a format for their LTB, PM me and I can give you a copy of the one I made.

Can you send me a copy of the LTB format?

Guest shooter mcgavin

On another note I redid my JPME to see if I could improve my score. Scored high on all knowledge checks and still only got a completion score of 7. Anyone else score higher?

On another note I redid my JPME to see if I could improve my score. Scored high on all knowledge checks and still only got a completion score of 7. Anyone else score higher?

Can I find the JPME training on the NWC website?

Guest shooter mcgavin

Can I find the JPME training on the NWC website?

You register and complete it in NKO. Your cert will be a standard NKO cert when you complete it.