FY16 Chief Selection Board

Career Development Board (CDB) (2015 Poll)  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Have CDBs been useful to you while going up for Chief?

• Yes
    • No
    • Have not attended one yet

Guest FCC_Thawk

Sweet, that does say SSP. Thanks for posting, been boring and stagnant at work.

I am IDW/SW, currently CFL, DAPA, CFS, FCPOA President, 2014 command SOY (got a com), Last five evals; #1 EP, #1MP, EP (transfer), #2 MP , MP, Bachelor of Science degree, working on masters in leadership(completed 15 of 33 hours). BPME, JPME, PPME. Am the STEM coordinator for our base that mentors 5 local schools, junior high football coach. Finally, I am the division branch manager for NetSec: its a divo role where I supervise 7 civilians on security, STIGS, and HBSS.

IDK what our competition is but I think we stack up well. This is my 10th time up, made e-6 in the second cycle of 2003. Either way I am out next November at 20. Good luck to you!

Impressive to say the least! Hopefully you pick up that S! Sounds like you put in your work.

Guest CWO2 RRP 782X

Impressive to say the least! Hopefully you pick up that S! Sounds like you put in your work.

I'll say. Pretty impressive profile!!!

Guest itdominance

I'll say. Pretty impressive profile!!!

well I am at a small command. 6 of us E-6 and below(3 e-6's), 2 e-5's, 1 e4, 4 Chiefs, 1 senior chief, LT/XO, and our CO a captain. So not that hard to stand out. My career path is weird though. DDG for 41 months, out of navy for a year, Command ship for 2 years, Tacamo for three, Bahrain for a year, P3 for three years(special  projects), NCTS, now at NSWC.

20% Chance this year.  Not bad but not great.  I got a 1 in 5 chance of picking up... Well hopefully this is my year.  I'm at 15 years this year.  If I hit 16, I will be over my year group.

Guest CTR1NiceGuy

Ours look around the same as they've always been considering the number of Master and Senior Chiefs that were made. Wondering how air conditioned the tank was. Maybe the heat played a factor in who was selected. lol

Guest ET1(SW)

I just discovered a big problem with my record and wonder how it will affect me. I was waived from the last PRT and the waiver is in PRIMS. However, there is a female with the same last me at the command and when scores were entered in on 6/17 her scores were put in my record which generated a FAIL message in PRIMS and an automatic administrative remark in NSIPS. My command realized their mistake and are working to get it corrected. Will this affect my chances of selection? Is there anyway for my command to inform the board of this error so it doesn't effect me? Thanks for any help.

I just discovered a big problem with my record and wonder how it will affect me. I was waived from the last PRT and the waiver is in PRIMS. However, there is a female with the same last me at the command and when scores were entered in on 6/17 her scores were put in my record which generated a FAIL message in PRIMS and an automatic administrative remark in NSIPS. My command realized their mistake and are working to get it corrected. Will this affect my chances of selection? Is there anyway for my command to inform the board of this error so it doesn't effect me? Thanks for any help.

Worst case is you get put in a hold status.

Guest CTR1NiceGuy

Well...it wouldn't affect your selection. It would only matter after the fact. If you have a failure and you have been selected, your CO would have to send off a letter pulling your reccommendation for promotion.If the mistake was already addressed, then the rec wilI be favorable and state that a mistake was made. No matter what, I would defintely make sure that your CO knows.

Guest ET1(SW)

Thank you everyone. That makes me breathe a little easier. My CO definitely already knows and I am going to stay on top of the situation to make sure it gets taken care of quickly. Luckily I am at a small command. So does the board not look at PRIMS data when making their decision?