FY16 Chief Selection Board

Career Development Board (CDB) (2015 Poll)  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Have CDBs been useful to you while going up for Chief?

• Yes
    • No
    • Have not attended one yet

Had a discussion with someone senior to me, who said I should submit my profile sheet, because I scored well. I heard another say that it's not necessary because they'll see my score anyway, and when I said that wasn't true, they disagreed.

I have no intention of submitting my profile sheet, since I've already "made the dance", but have any of you been advised of this?

I've never heard of anyone sending their profile sheet, but it is a way to show rating knowledge.  Whether they see the score or not, I honestly don't know but the selection board member/recorder training should tell you.

Guest Blondie

The wait begins!  Or continues, depending on your perspective...

How is everyone passing the time until results post?  I'm looking forward to seeing the Senior Chief results out later this week, and CPO quotas within a month.

Guest Blondie

Had a discussion with someone senior to me, who said I should submit my profile sheet, because I scored well. I heard another say that it's not necessary because they'll see my score anyway, and when I said that wasn't true, they disagreed.

I have no intention of submitting my profile sheet, since I've already "made the dance", but have any of you been advised of this?

I feel like strong candidates will have their rating expertise documented in their block 43s and award citations.  If you have it there then there is no reason to submit the profile sheet.  If you don't have it there, you will be competing against Sailors who do.

Just my $0.02, but I say good call on not submitting your profile sheet with your package.

I have spoken to about 3 MCPOs who have all sat boards. Rate knowledge is taken from evals, there is potential in the necessity for a tie breaker (if all other factors are tied), they can look at exam scores.

Guest osiris0107

I am currently trying to login into the NPC website to check the stauts of my cheif's package and it prompts me to use my social as a login. It then states that it will give me the opportunity to create a password on the next page. It never gives me the opportunity to create a password it just brings me to a page with a login and password fillin sponsored by Oracle. Has anyone been able to check the status of their package, if so how? Thank you for the help in advance.

Guest osiris0107

You will need to call the helpdesk and have them unlock your account. Accounts go inactive after 30 days of non-use.

The bad thing is that I am in Okinawa and they apparently do not respond to my emails about reseting my password and login.

You will need to call the helpdesk and have them unlock your account. Accounts go inactive after 30 days of non-use.

That, and ask them while you have them on the line (verify they have received your package), they can tell you as well!

Guest kaput

Is any one else having issues with the login for checking the status of your selection board package? I have been on the phone with NPC customer service every day since Wednesday last week. I try and log on and it sends me to an oracle page that asks me to log on, followed by my information not being validated. One person told me that it will take time to reset my home screen, another told me that the system is down and that is what the oracle page means. Any idea from those who may be dealing with the same thing? I would really like to know if someone is able to get in there so that I can wait on hold some more.

Guest kaput

I had the same issue, called them, they gave me a temporary password and I was able to login no problems. I'd say just wait it out on hold or call back.

They gave me a temp password too, like a week ago... why can't they just tie this into the BOL profile or something? Rhetorical of course

Guest hayes

They gave me a temp password too, like a week ago... why can't they just tie this into the BOL profile or something? Rhetorical of course

They'll give you the temp password, but it doesn't mean that your account has been created. That process takes a few days, I remember cause I called and got a password on a Wednesday but I couldn't log in using that password until the following Tuesday.

Guest kaput

They'll give you the temp password, but it doesn't mean that your account has been created. That process takes a few days, I remember cause I called and got a password on a Wednesday but I couldn't log in using that password until the following Tuesday.

Thanks. They said about the same thing, although it was a matter of resetting my account. Either way, it's over a week now and I'm just mostly tired of it all.

Guest AOCMAC

Hit the send button today on the package ! Seems like it took a lifetime to actually click send lol.    

Guest AOCMAC

Congrats to the new Senior Chiefs.  My buddy made AOCS today he was my first AO3 when I was AOAR lol.  

Guest ABH-RUE

Has anyone been able to see their package as received on the NPC board status page? If so what should It  look like all I can see is that I have changed my password. 

Guest NavySquid79

Has anyone been able to see their package as received on the NPC board status page? If so what should It look like all I can see is that I have changed my password.

I have logged in and checked my package. Once you log in you will be on the home page where you will see an entry about board packet received.

Guest Hoffm1179

Has anyone been able to see their package as received on the NPC board status page? If so what should It  look like all I can see is that I have changed my password.

I can't even get that far. I click on the "check the status of your package" link, and it opens up a new tab and as it starts to load the page, it dies and goes to my "Favorites" links... I am using my iPad though, so not sure how tablet friendly NPC is...

Guest TridentSeaWarrior0625

It's right on the line.  From what I have been told by Admirals and MCs is that anything over 30 days is an automatic disqualifier if it's not addressed in someway.  I posted about this a couple months ago so I won't repeat myself.  But you need to fix it unless you want to save money on uniforms...

I spoke to Department Master Chief.  He sat on the Senior Chief board.  He felt because it was so long ago I should not bother.  He feels it will bring unwanted attention.  Like I said it was long ago.  More than 10 years ago. 

Guest DoobieDoo

Can anyone tell me when NPC pulls down your OMPF record for the boards review? I'm wondering what the cutoff date is for something to make it into your OMPF and the board to still see it? 

So do NPC personnel pull OMPF info, combine it with our packages and then present it to the board for review? Or does the board pull real time info from your OMPF the day they review your record? Is June 1st the cutoff? June 21st?

I'm wondering because I just completed my Bachelors last week and am waiting for the transcript to make it into my OMPF and don't know if it will make it in in time.

Thanks for any info and good luck to everyone this cycle!

Guest hayes

Can anyone tell me when NPC pulls down your OMPF record for the boards review? I'm wondering what the cutoff date is for something to make it into your OMPF and the board to still see it?

So do NPC personnel pull OMPF info, combine it with our packages and then present it to the board for review? Or does the board pull real time info from your OMPF the day they review your record? Is June 1st the cutoff? June 21st?

I'm wondering because I just completed my Bachelors last week and am waiting for the transcript to make it into my OMPF and don't know if it will make it in in time.

Thanks for any info and good luck to everyone this cycle!

That's a big item to be left to chance, in my opinion. If you have a copy of the transcript, I'd send it as LTB, you have until tomorrow! Better for it to show up twice than to not show up at all. That's what I would do anyway.