FY16 Chief Selection Board

Career Development Board (CDB) (2015 Poll)  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Have CDBs been useful to you while going up for Chief?

• Yes
    • No
    • Have not attended one yet

Guest FC1(SW/MTS)

This year, the SELRES/FTS quotas and convening order were out the day after the board convened. Not sure if that means the same for AC. 

Maybe there are doing that this year so nobody can contact the people that they used to work for that are now sitting the board.

Maybe there are doing that this year so nobody can contact the people that they used to work for that are now sitting the board.

That's a HUGE no no anyways, the board members are sworn in, that is an explicit part of the oath "to uphold the integrity and confidentiality of the selection process and potentially selected candidates". Even the slightest hint of communications from a board member outside of the board process to anyone concerning the board is grounds for dismissal and a scrub and recommencement of the whole board......

Guest osiris0107

I can't wait to see the quotas! If there are going to make 6 master chiefs in my rate there has to be a good amount of chief "S"'s out there.

Guest AOCMAC

I thought the Convening order , Quotas , and Membership always came out the day of or day after the board convenes. I see alot of folks saying it came out the week before .

I was trying to figure that out as well.  Was talking with a few others, and they echo'd the day after.  I guess we will find out on Monday if they come out the day off.  I honestly just want to see the quotas.

Have you guys been looking at your community summary groups page from the community managers on NPC? The pay grade % and expected advancement to CPO should give you a good general ideal about advancement within your perspective rates!

Senior I have looked at that, and that's one of the reason I'm waiting to see what the quotas are to see how accurate that info is.  If it's close then I have about a 30% chance.

Guest BOEGER1

@RMCS-1998- Where are you looking for this community info. I'm all over the site, cant find it. I'm so anxious for quotas! Good Luck Everyone!!

@RMCS-1998- Where are you looking for this community info. I'm all over the site, cant find it. I'm so anxious for quotas! Good Luck Everyone!!

Go to NPC: Enlisted/Comunity Managers/Select your community/then select community overview. Hope that helps.

Guest BOEGER1

Thank you guys. I found the link. So the thinking is that the Advancement opportunity % for E-7 will be close to quotas?

Guest CWO2 RRP 782X

Good Day all!!

First off want to wish you all the best of luck as we get closer to this years phase 2 season! This is my first time up for chief so I'm naturally nervous but I feel confident. I am currently stationed at a squadron and I have done a NCTAMS, small deck and big deck ship, as well as an IA tour. One of the biggest tips I have received is to get any warfare device you can when you are at a given platform which I have completed. Anyways best of luck!!

Guest CBdive

Thank you guys. I found the link. So the thinking is that the Advancement opportunity % for E-7 will be close to quotas?

That is last years %

Have you guys been looking at your community summary groups page from the community managers on NPC? The pay grade % and expected advancement to CPO should give you a good general ideal about advancement within your perspective rates!

How exactly do you interpret the results?  % INV to FY15 EPA is 103% While INV to FY16 is 101%.  EPA FY15 is 488 INV is 503 and EPA FY16 is 496.  Last years advancement was %26.85.  

Guest CBdive

How exactly do you interpret the results?  % INV to FY15 EPA is 103% While INV to FY16 is 101%.  EPA FY15 is 488 INV is 503 and EPA FY16 is 496.  Last years advancement was %26.85.

The community health charts are extremely complicated explain. You can't really look at the next years authorization because it is community wide, not rank based. What you can look at is how many openings there are in your upcoming rank as well as if they have been promoting your specific year group yet. I have been following my community health chart for 6 years now every month. I thought I had the math for guessing quotas down to a science, but every year I turn up wrong. You don't really know who is retireing, so that makes a huge variable. The community health is best for people looking to 1306 somewhere, hope this helps and good luck.

That is last years %

Not for my rate it isn't.  It says advancement opportunity is 30% for E7, and last year they only made 10%. 

Guest CBdive

Not for my rate it isn't.  It says advancement opportunity is 30% for E7, and last year they only made 10%.

Your rite, my community only changes it once a year and never checked other communities. That's a great tool for you then to use.

That is last years %

The community health charts are extremely complicated explain. You can't really look at the next years authorization because it is community wide, not rank based. What you can look at is how many openings there are in your upcoming rank as well as if they have been promoting your specific year group yet. I have been following my community health chart for 6 years now every month. I thought I had the math for guessing quotas down to a science, but every year I turn up wrong. You don't really know who is retireing, so that makes a huge variable. The community health is best for people looking to 1306 somewhere, hope this helps and good luck.

Thanks Tony, there is the link to your respective community page. The Community Manager (MCPO) updates this monthly (date at the bottom right corner).  There are numberous areas that will give you a generic idea of what your rates forecasted quotas will look like.  I say "general" and "forecasted" because there are many factors that play in to what the final quota will be (but it will be darn near the same);

Things like HYT (E7-E9), retirements (E6-E9), Senior Enlisted Retention Boards, CMC and SEL/SEA selectee's ALL factor in to the final (at the time of board) quota's.  Just something to entertain yourself as you eagerly await the true quota's.....the most important part of that slide (that changes monthly) is the current inventory of paygrades in your rate.

This was something I watched closely the 9 selections, CMC/SEA selections, SERB for my rating, and the Community Managers slide.  The same month but just prior I knew the % was going to be higher than the year prior for 8.

• Like 1

Guest itdominance

Good Day all!!

First off want to wish you all the best of luck as we get closer to this years phase 2 season! This is my first time up for chief so I'm naturally nervous but I feel confident. I am currently stationed at a squadron and I have done a NCTAMS, small deck and big deck ship, as well as an IA tour. One of the biggest tips I have received is to get any warfare device you can when you are at a given platform which I have completed. Anyways best of luck!!

looks like ours may be 23%. If so I will take it. I am pretty confident as well. Good luck to you and hopefully we both make it!

What Warfare do you have? Command Collaterals? Education?

Guest CWO2 RRP 782X

looks like ours may be 23%. If so I will take it. I am pretty confident as well. Good luck to you and hopefully we both make it!

What Warfare do you have? Command Collaterals? Education?

I have idw/sw/aw and I have qualified sw in both platforms as well as aviation in different platforms. I have been a cfl (even got the NEC) diversity team coordinator divisional career counselor department mwr representative and just certified as a sapr va. I just finished my AS In computer science and am actively working towards the bachelors with jpme,ppme, and bpme all knocked out. Hopefully that with the "sustained superior performance" the boards seeks will get me that coveted "S". Good luck to you as well!!

Guest AOCMAC

Well ladies and gents all those who decide our fate should be gearing up for tomorrow about right now !  Good luck everyone !

Guest itdominance

I have idw/sw/aw and I have qualified sw in both platforms as well as aviation in different platforms. I have been a cfl (even got the NEC) diversity team coordinator divisional career counselor department mwr representative and just certified as a sapr va. I just finished my AS In computer science and am actively working towards the bachelors with jpme,ppme, and bpme all knocked out. Hopefully that with the "sustained superior performance" the boards seeks will get me that coveted "S". Good luck to you as well!!

Sweet, that does say SSP.  Thanks for posting, been boring and stagnant at work. 

I am IDW/SW, currently CFL, DAPA, CFS, FCPOA President, 2014 command SOY (got a com), Last five evals; #1 EP, #1MP,  EP (transfer), #2 MP , MP, Bachelor of Science degree, working on masters in leadership(completed 15 of 33 hours). BPME, JPME, PPME. Am the STEM coordinator for our base that mentors 5 local schools, junior high football coach.  Finally, I am the division branch manager for NetSec: its a divo role where I supervise 7 civilians on security, STIGS, and HBSS.

IDK what our competition is but I think we stack up well. This is my 10th time up, made e-6 in the second cycle of 2003. Either way I am out next November at 20. Good luck to you!