FY16 Chief Selection Board

Career Development Board (CDB) (2015 Poll)  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Have CDBs been useful to you while going up for Chief?

• Yes
    • No
    • Have not attended one yet

Guest itdominance

Going to see Kid Rock on August 1st in Indianapolis. Wifey is from Detroit and never we both have never saw his show. Other than that I start my fall semester and will be that much closer to my Master's Degree. Either I make it or not I am dropping retirement papers. My terminal date is September 2016.  I used to think that I had to make Chief or my career would be considered a failure. After completing TGPS a few weeks ago I realize that it doesn't matter what we retire as. Long as we did our best with the time in and we left a positive impression on subordinates and higher ups. Good luck everyone and hopefully we all see our name on that list in a few weeks. I am not going to stress it this year like I did last year(yeah right). I think the majority of us want to be selected so that we feel validated but I can honestly say that I enjoy watching the joy that my subordinates get in hearing the news of being selected. Especially the new PO's.  

Guest CBdive

Not sure why everyone takes leave when results come out. Every year the forum blows up with, "my triad hasn't called and I'm on leave and can't see the results!" I will be posted up outside my cmc's door rather than on leave.

Guest AWFChief

I have a fellow first class whom I work with that takes the rest of the day off when results comes out to spend it with the family.

My command pretty much sends us home to recage as well

Guest SeaBeeDoc

I am FTS, so I have been tracking both threads seeing as how my results should be posted within the next two weeks. I am curious how Phase II will effect me ( Should I be fortunate enough to get the "S") I am currently the only FTS at my command, Should I assume that I am safe until the REGNAV results come out or that I maybe leading the pack " per se" for a few weeks until all the results or posted.

SeaBeeDoc

Guest Kalgal123

I have some FTS at my command and I wondered the sam thing so I asked and was told they go through phase II with Reg Navy as you called it.

Guest FUTURE MAC ZACC

Hey Ladies & Gents I've decided to stop lurking and say HI. Good luck to everyone and I hope you are all ready whether you are selected or not.

Joe

Guest Blondie

The board is convening in less than a week and quotas are right around the corner!  How's everyone holding up?

Guest itdominance

The board is convening in less than a week and quotas are right around the corner!  How's everyone holding up?

Bored. How are you Blondie?

Guest NavySquid79

Same here. No matter what I do I'm still thinking about it. I am hoping to see the convening order this week.

Guest FC1(SW/MTS)

The last two years the convening order was out the Tuesday before the board convened.  That would have been yesterday.  Here is to waiting patiently for the quotas to come out.  It's so hard living with a first year chief. :P

Guest BearsCubsBullsBlackhawks

The last two years the convening order was out the Tuesday before the board convened.  That would have been yesterday.  Here is to waiting patiently for the quotas to come out.  It's so hard living with a first year chief. :P

This year, the SELRES/FTS quotas and convening order were out the day after the board convened. Not sure if that means the same for AC. 

Guest FC1(SW/MTS)

It's hard cause he is always telling me to be like him. I have done everything that I can through out the year. Now its out of my hands. I will be transfering during the season if I make it this year that will be even more fun.

Guest AWFChief

Hanging in there.  Not counting the days at all :D

Not really counting the days since the chiefs are constantly reminding me of next week...

Guest itdominance

I've been biting my tongue on something I hear all too often, not just on here. "I need to get in shape in case I get selected", or something to effect. You should be training daily as if you are apart of a war fighting organization, as if someone else's life could depend on you and your physical abilities. We should be the Sailors all others aspire to be both in the office (wherever that may be for you) and out.

Please don't take offense to this, I'm not trying to insult anyone. I'm just trying to motivate those who need it.

I am the command CFL and am hated. Been told the Chief's are gunning for me to make it but they can't hang with my long runs so not worried at all! MUHAHAHA. Currently training my wife to do a half-marathon

Guest FUTURE MAC ZACC

I am the command CFL and am hated. Been told the Chief's are gunning for me to make it but they can't hang with my long runs so not worried at all! MUHAHAHA. Currently training my wife to do a half-marathon

I'm with you I am one of the CFL's and they are itching to get me too but I'm more than ready for everything but the lack of sleep lol!