FY16 Chief Selection Board

Career Development Board (CDB) (2015 Poll)  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Have CDBs been useful to you while going up for Chief?

• Yes
    • No
    • Have not attended one yet

Guest hayes

How long is the turnaround time for getting certs from NWC? I know they say weekly processing during CPO season, but I was wondering if that's accurate or if it actually takes longer.

Guest CTAPNPSAS(SS)

How long is the turnaround time for getting certs from NWC? I know they say weekly processing during CPO season, but I was wondering if that's accurate or if it actually takes longer.

I was approximately two weeks. However there is a notice on the certificate applications area that states it will be weekly during board time.

FYI to all. I submitted a grocery list to PERS 313 to get corrected and it only took about 2-3 weeks to start showing up (still waiting on a few more things).

now that's encouraging, thanks for sharing

Guest EO1 (SCW)

Lerner for two years, learned a lot from this forum - thanks to all. I joined specifically so I could ask this one question: where is the JPME course mentioned in the precept? I do not see a single jpme course on eLearnine when I click on the JPME link under DON training, rather, a bunch of individual courses. I also did research and the jpme course offered through national defense university is only for CPOs. I finished intro, basic, and primary PME through NWC and now I want to tackle the jpme identified in the precept. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Congrats to everyone who made board. This is my first time up and I'm hoping for beginners luck. Currently going thru my OMPF and my page 4 has not been updated since 2008. My ETJ and FLTMP are both up to date, is there a simple way to update my OMPF? 

Guest CTAPNPSAS(SS)

I printed out a blank page 4, typed in all of my updated quals, and had the YN initial in the blocks. I am submitting it as an enclosure of my LTB with a statement requesting submission into my OMPF. My YN told me that there is a new page 4 "update form" that looks entirely different from the page 4 itself and is only used as the line of communication between the boat and PERS, so that is why I am going the LTB route.

Have you tried printing out an 881 from your ESR?

Guest HAZEGREY1775

FYI to all. I submitted a grocery list to PERS 313 to get corrected and it only took about 2-3 weeks to start showing up (still waiting on a few more things).

You sent it off on your own? 

Guest HAZEGREY1775

JPME - No longer given on NKO. Shifting to JKO in May, is supposed to be for E6/E-7 … This is taken from the JFSC:  (The Director, Joint Staff J-7 announced 26 Aug 2014 that the J-7 Deputy Directorate Joint Training Joint Knowledge Online (JKO) Division will assume responsibility for the Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education (SEJPME) program.  JKO is the Joint Staff system of record for online training in operation since April 2007 with over 1.8 million registered users and averages over 200,000 course completions per month.  A coordinated transition plan between the National Defense University (NDU) Joint Forces Staff College (JFSC) and JKO is now under way through 1 Sep 2015. 

JFSC will continue accepting enrollments to the current SEJPME course through 15 April 2015.  The last SEJPME course administered by JFSC will run 1 May to 30 July 2015.  Those currently enrolled in SEJPME are not affected and can proceed as planned.

JKO is updating and enhancing the SEJPME program as the Next Generation SEJPME consisting of two distinct courses.  Roll out will be phased and begins 1 May 2015 when JKO launches a new version of the SEJPME E6-E9 course for immediate enrollment.  JKO will begin offering the Next Generation SEJPME program as two courses, SEJPME I tailored for E6-E7 students and SEJPME II tailored for E8-E9 students on 1 Sep 2015.)

Guest HAZEGREY1775

Looking for some feedback from any CPO's/SCPO's/MCPO's:

Here is what my LTB shall consist of..your thoughts? Opinions? Thanks in advance.

ENCL: 

(1) MTS cert

(2) ATS cert

(3) ATTWO Des. letter

(4) Masters Degree transcripts (shows my major and that I am currently taking the last two courses)

(5) Officer, Primary, and Basic PME certs

(6) Senior Enlisted JPME cert (JFSC… got lucky to knock this out as a PO2)

(7) USMAP certs (4 of them)

(8) USMC Staff NCO Academy diploma (was fortunate to attend their Staff NCO Academy as a Sailor)

(9) Senior Noncommissioned Officers JPME(NKO one)

I really don't wanna send all this… too much? Is it understandable given the caliber of the docs.?

Guest CTAPNPSAS(SS)

Yes. It was worse than my page 4.

An 881 is your page 4 out of NSIPS. So you may want to see what's missing and see that you submit it to your servicing PSD. They can help.

JPME - No longer given on NKO. Shifting to JKO in May, is supposed to be for E6/E-7 … This is taken from the JFSC:  (The Director, Joint Staff J-7 announced 26 Aug 2014 that the J-7 Deputy Directorate Joint Training Joint Knowledge Online (JKO) Division will assume responsibility for the Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education (SEJPME) program.  JKO is the Joint Staff system of record for online training in operation since April 2007 with over 1.8 million registered users and averages over 200,000 course completions per month.  A coordinated transition plan between the National Defense University (NDU) Joint Forces Staff College (JFSC) and JKO is now under way through 1 Sep 2015. 

JFSC will continue accepting enrollments to the current SEJPME course through 15 April 2015.  The last SEJPME course administered by JFSC will run 1 May to 30 July 2015.  Those currently enrolled in SEJPME are not affected and can proceed as planned.

JKO is updating and enhancing the SEJPME program as the Next Generation SEJPME consisting of two distinct courses.  Roll out will be phased and begins 1 May 2015 when JKO launches a new version of the SEJPME E6-E9 course for immediate enrollment.  JKO will begin offering the Next Generation SEJPME program as two courses, SEJPME I tailored for E6-E7 students and SEJPME II tailored for E8-E9 students on 1 Sep 2015.)

Excellent find, I assume it's from this page -> http://jfsc.ndu.edu/Academics/SeniorEnlistedJointProfessionalMilEducation.aspx

Guest Blondie

Wait, so will I be able to take the new JPME and complete it in time to send the certs to the board?  I've already completed the old one.

Also, happy Easter everyone!

Guest NavySquid79

for those who are wondering whether or not if they have something in their EVAL should they submit in a LTB, yes you should. Just got done talking to a Master Chief who sat last year's board, end result, it's easier for them if the information is right there for them vice them having to go find the information...

I've been battling with this myself. All of my usmap, navy cool, ats, attwo, etc are documented in blk 44. But I'm getting a lot of advice to include all of it anyway in my LTB to highlight all my military educaton due to not having a degree and increased responsibility. But this advice contradicts what other Master Chiefs have given me in the past, if it's documentred in your eval don't send it.

I also believe another good reason to send in information documented in blk 44 is for verification purposes. Quals, college courses, and nko can be seen on your current 881, usmap, navy cool, designations cannot. I know it's not too hard for to get something slipped through the COC on blk 44, and if I know how easy it is I can only assume that the Master Chief looking at my stuff knows it also. It makes me question how heavy blk 44 is looked at.

Guest Blondie

I've been battling with this myself. All of my usmap, navy cool, ats, attwo, etc are documented in blk 44. But I'm getting a lot of advice to include all of it anyway in my LTB to highlight all my military educaton due to not having a degree and increased responsibility. But this advice contradicts what other Master Chiefs have given me in the past, if it's documentred in your eval don't send it.

I also believe another good reason to send in information documented in blk 44 is for verification purposes. Quals, college courses, and nko can be seen on your current 881, usmap, navy cool, designations cannot. I know it's not too hard for to get something slipped through the COC on blk 44, and if I know how easy it is I can only assume that the Master Chief looking at my stuff knows it also. It makes me question how heavy blk 44 is looked at.

I would agree with this as well.  It's just too easy for them to miss something in your block 44.  If it's a significant achievement I would just send it separately.

Guest CTAPNPSAS(SS)

Great! Where? I'm not seeing it.

Just go under course listing and enter "Senior" in the course name window then search. It should come up.

Guest HAZEGREY1775

Wait, so will I be able to take the new JPME and complete it in time to send the certs to the board?  I've already completed the old one.

Also, happy Easter everyone!

It depends. But I think you would be cutting it short. Give it a go.

Guest HAZEGREY1775

Took the word RIGHT out of my mouth. I feel the same. Local certs can't be viewed on the 881.

Guest itdominance

EO1,

JPME is no longer being offered through NKO.  I couldn't tell you where it is now.  I did mine back in 2012.  It's unfair that it's in the Precept to have JPME, yet it's not offered.  I wouldn't know where else it could be hidden or if there is another source.  For nothing else, try to se if you can do a search for the Navy War College itself and see if they have a link for it there.

I completed the SNCO JPME via NKO in February of this year. Its on NKO. I believe it was under DOD training. You can search for it via the NKO link. Unless it recently moved.

Guest EO1 (SCW)

I did my JPME in Feb as well. it is under DOD training like it said unless they just removed it recently.

Well I started looking for it two weeks ago when I finished all NWC PME courses. Maybe it's gone, I'll look again when I back arounder a computer in a week.

Guest HAZEGREY1775

I completed the SNCO JPME via NKO in February of this year. Its on NKO. I believe it was under DOD training. You can search for it via the NKO link. Unless it recently moved.

It got removed already. 

Guest EO1 (SCW)

It got removed already.

Dang. Well, I'll have to just keep my eyes peeled for any jpme course to come back. Right now it looks like even though it's on the precept I'm out of luck with no means to take it.