FY-22 Chief Selection Board

Guest thirdrate
13 hours ago, Guns to CTRCS said:

"... Some commands have a strict "E6 and junior get a EOT NAM and E7+ above get a COM". Everyone understands that awards, and the level of awards at different paygrades, vary from command to command. So don't sweat it if you're a PO1 and you "only" get a NAM for an EOT. You should be concerned if you DON'T get an EOT.

On the whole concept of "awards", the minimum expectation is that you have received an EOT award from each command you've been at and it's reflected accurately in your PDS/OMPF. ..."

This concerns me. I never received an EOT from my last command in 2017. Not for lack of trying on my part. I was put in for a COM and then transferred to A-school for a new rate, but my previous CoC assured me it would be taken care of. Unfortunately after some back and forth they told me it was downgraded, which was fine. Then they stopped responding to me. So I took it as a lost cause, I wasn't in the area and my CoC started transferring out. Not sure what else I could do on my end. Any thoughts?

Guest Secret Squirrel
6 hours ago, CargoGuns said:

Good luck everyone! 

For us SELRES, our fate has already been decided and we are awaiting the results. I was just drilling this past weekend and I had several Chiefs tell me they expect results any week now, so it could be soon for us. 

My Master Chief said it should be this week or beginning of next week.  I'm just anxiously waiting to see if I'll be one of the lucky 6 MR unicorns.  SOOO tough to make MRC lol.

Hopefully last year as MR. 1

Guest NavyDude
15 minutes ago, CargoGuns said:

Wow. Nice. Where did you get that word?

I know a few peeps here and there.  There was something sent out.

Guest Secret Squirrel
20 minutes ago, NavyDude said:

I know a few peeps here and there.  There was something sent out.

Always good to have those friends in low places.  Do you know if it was a command level email or memo?

Guest NavyDude
7 hours ago, CargoGuns said:

Awesome. Well good luck! August 24 is right around the corner. It could be a long Chief Season for those selected if AD doesn't get results until October 1 as they had originally put out. 

IMG_0614.jpg

Guest Mscoco25

Hi all, I have a question I’m up this year for cpo and I was wondering does it hold weight if you are a back to back EP’s on a aircraft carrier 1st time #30 2nd time  #10 . I am fully qualified per my ladr. I’m asking because I’m not in rate. I am doing a special billet at the moment.  and most people in this special duty do not promote.Here’s a little more: 

All of this occurred on the carrier within the last 3 years. I was flight deck lpo( because they were low on fcpo’s) I got lucky and it was only for a year.  I was the fcpoa president, sailor 360 training lead, all ppme, sejpme 1&2 complete,  dctt, adtt, and  ood inport all documented in my evals. if you wanna know how to do sejpme 2 I will tell you I also have green belt, junior duty section leader on a carrier for 3 consecutive years and a transfer COM. It’s also documented on my eval that I helped pass inspections, my Sailors advanced and some were retained.  I’ve never been in trouble and passed all prt and bca. And I also killed my special duty it’s well documented. Thanks in advance for responses. 
And also when do you think quotas will be out? For Active duty? 

Guest Flipdash
9 hours ago, Mscoco25 said:

Hi all, I have a question I’m up this year for cpo and I was wondering does it hold weight if you are a back to back EP’s on a aircraft carrier 1st time #30 2nd time  #10 . I am fully qualified per my ladr. I’m asking because I’m not in rate. I am doing a special billet at the moment.  and most people in this special duty do not promote.Here’s a little more: 

All of this occurred on the carrier within the last 3 years. I was flight deck lpo( because they were low on fcpo’s) I got lucky and it was only for a year.  I was the fcpoa president, sailor 360 training lead, all ppme, sejpme 1&2 complete,  dctt, adtt, and  ood inport all documented in my evals. if you wanna know how to do sejpme 2 I will tell you I also have green belt, junior duty section leader on a carrier for 3 consecutive years and a transfer COM. It’s also documented on my eval that I helped pass inspections, my Sailors advanced and some were retained.  I’ve never been in trouble and passed all prt and bca. And I also killed my special duty it’s well documented. Thanks in advance for responses. 

Aren't we not suppose to do the sejpme 2 due to its for E7 and above? 1 chief guided me how but most chief I spoke to said not to cheat the system because it's for higher lever rank only. 🤔. Any inputs? 

Guest scon89
11 hours ago, Mscoco25 said:

Interested in how you got approved for SEJPME 2...

11 hours ago, Mscoco25 said:

Hey, I'll be straight up I'm not a CPO, just another fellow PO1 who was stationed on a carrier. I can tell you that Sustained Superior Performance, hard breakouts (especially with the numbers carriers have) FCPOA, Sailor Leadership and LADR qualifications will carry you to success IMO. But hey, again I'm in the same boat as you, so take it for what it is worth. I recommend you state your rate so you can get some more tailored advice.

Guest mmn1ss
14 hours ago, CargoGuns said:

Does anyone happen to have access to the total number of SELRES eligible/verses quotas and percentage for each rate for FY22?

I haven't seen anything, we have a FTS here who was trying to find that information out too with no luck. 

Guest NavyDude
1 hour ago, CargoGuns said:

Thanks for trying. Yeah, not sure why they didn't release that this year. 

I've heard talk that it was changed this year.  The board ranks everyone and a "must rank" group.  Then, the selections are modified up or down depending on quota.  I have not seen anything in writing.

Guest NavyDude
43 minutes ago, CargoGuns said:

Ah ok, interesting. Maybe that had something to do with the comment that was added to the quotas about the quotas being adjusted up or down based on returned E8 Quotas. 

That is the way I took it.

Guest Flipdash
On 8/9/2021 at 4:56 PM, Guns to CTRCS said:

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a "5 year rule", that's an old myth. Your ENTIRE record is always available for review during these boards.

@CrookedJack I assume it's also missing from your PSR?

There is a difference when speaking about "zero-defect Navy" and periods of undocumented performance.

If you failed a PFA or went to Mast in your career, you can recover from that. (see PRECEPT paragraph 8.a and 8.b)

If you have undocumented performance, that's a whole different game (see PRECEPT paragraph 7.a).

And finally, please remember that the Membership is published after each board. There are certain things a board member cannot discuss, but there are always plenty of MCPOs/SCPOs and even CPO recorders that are ready and willing to help look at your record and teach you what you should be doing, or what you need to fix, or what you may want to include in your LTB.

You said there's no such thing as a 5 yr rule... But if someone get a PFA failure and went to mast within 5 yrs and recover, seems like that person has more chance to get picked up because of "recovery". What about the one that sustaining with no issues/troubles in the navy. I feel like you gotta be in trouble/mast first then try to recover so you can get picked rather. 

Guest Guns to CTRCS
38 minutes ago, Flipdash said:

You said there's no such thing as a 5 yr rule... But if someone get a PFA failure and went to mast within 5 yrs and recover, seems like that person has more chance to get picked up because of "recovery". What about the one that sustaining with no issues/troubles in the navy. I feel like you gotta be in trouble/mast first then try to recover so you can get picked rather. 

That's a very interesting way to view it....but no. Absolutely not.  I was simply saying that a PFA failure or NJP doesn't always equate to terminal paygrade.  If you believe that you need to fail a PFA and then "recover", go for it, but that was absolutely not my advice.

Guest Guns to CTRCS
On 8/12/2021 at 1:52 PM, CargoGuns said:

You have to change your paygrade in your profile on JKO to E7. It's frowned upon because you're basically lying about your paygrade. So generally people don't recommend completing SEJPME II because you have to deceive the website to complete it. 

If I were a PO1, I would not do SEJPME II. My 2 cents. When you pick up CPO, knock it out.

No PO1 is getting dinged for not completing SEJPME II, and yes, everyone knows you have to lie in order to complete. Dishonesty isn't the way I would want to be briefed in the Tank.

Guest Flipdash
3 hours ago, Guns to CTRCS said:

That's a very interesting way to view it....but no. Absolutely not.  I was simply saying that a PFA failure or NJP doesn't always equate to terminal paygrade.  If you believe that you need to fail a PFA and then "recover", go for it, but that was absolutely not my advice.

I was just trying to say was some people witnessed, happened, and made it. They rather see them recover than maintaining a good discipline in their career. Isn't there should be a standard on these things why it should not happen? 

Guest hermanao

Hi all, first time up (YN1), I have a EP record all the way back to when I was an E4. MY evals always show progress and I'm an LPO. Deployed 4 times as a reservist and I did fairly good on my exams. In all honesty, where would I stand? Since it's my first time up am I looked at differently or because I have great leadership traits is that a good thing? I don't have much command involvement due to being my units LPO, is that bad? Thanks all and best of luck!

Guest NavyDude
30 minutes ago, hermanao said:

Hi all, first time up (YN1), I have a EP record all the way back to when I was an E4. MY evals always show progress and I'm an LPO. Deployed 4 times as a reservist and I did fairly good on my exams. In all honesty, where would I stand? Since it's my first time up am I looked at differently or because I have great leadership traits is that a good thing? I don't have much command involvement due to being my units LPO, is that bad? Thanks all and best of luck!

How's your bake sale numbers?

Guest hermanao
10 minutes ago, NavyDude said:

How's your bake sale numbers?

Really? I just want advise since I got stuck at E5 for 6 years and this is a joke....cool