FY20 Chief Selection Board

Guest Gwarrior

My stomach has been churning all day from anxiety. It’s evening here in the Philippines, so Triad finds out at 11pm, but I’m away from my command and my command is underway, so unless someone messages me, I won’t find out until 11pm tomorrow. I hate going through anticipation like this.

Guest Gwarrior
2 minutes ago, paperwarfare said:

So many anxious people in the command today. Everyone seems on edge. The only people smiling are the CPO mess. 

Of course. I’m sure they are all super cited to have playthings to play with.

Guest sk32004toLSC
17 minutes ago, paperwarfare said:

So many anxious people in the command today. Everyone seems on edge. The only people smiling are the CPO mess. 

😁

Guest OJ451

Hope it’s not like last year.  The CO called everyone who made it.  They just didn’t let those who didn’t make it know anything.  We just walked outside where there was a lil cell phone reception all morning.  Waited hours till someone walked out and said.  “Everyone who has made it has been contacted”.  They probably finished hours ago.  Hoping that maybe they messed up your number.  Didn’t angle the phone the right way to get that good signal.  What number are they contacting?  The desk phone with no cell reception or your personal cell phone?  

If you are not at a place with a loudspeaker/1MC, put a list out like a school play or watchbill.  Don’t leave anyone hanging.

4 more hours.......if they can log on or have the time to take a look.

Guest Joesph Naval
5 hours ago, NucSub4life said:

It’s 0322 and I can not sleep 4th time up for Chief as an ETN.. Lowest quotas ever in the last 6 years and most likely Will not be making it! But praying for all that do! 

Hey man they’re not as low as MA but good luck to you. Shoot, good luck to us all! Except for the EOD Sailors. 🤣🤞🏽

Guest Joesph Naval
7 minutes ago, CT_in_DC said:

Just for fun, my promotion history is all Not Verified. Never seen it like that before to my recollection.

Don’t worry, all of our PH is reflecting the same. Just trying to distinguish the difference between the ones that show nothing on the left for rate and rank and the ones that show all the ranks but “not verified”

Guest Joesph Naval
1 hour ago, PO1Oz said:

Seems we’re picking on anything now that could be a sign lol

my nsips promotion history is jacked as well

032D5314-7CED-4F19-9340-6EC769BB7E73.jpeg

Mine looks exactly the same as yours. However, I’ve seen some of my fellow firsts that reflect all their ranks excluding when they were “SA’s” on the “Rate Change Authority” portion. 

Guest CT_in_DC
8 minutes ago, Joesph Naval said:

Don’t worry, all of our PH is reflecting the same. Just trying to distinguish the difference between the ones that show nothing on the left for rate and rank and the ones that show all the ranks but “not verified”

Ha, I'm not worried at all. I'll have the same response when I get the phone call today from whoever is calling...if they call... My triad is in another state, and at that, they're all TDY from what I understand. I'll likely have to wait 'till tomorrow to find out when the public list hits the street.

For clarification, mine shows all the rank/rate, grade, dates, TIR, RCA code, Authority, and all dates are Not Verified.

Guest PO1Oz
8 minutes ago, Joesph Naval said:

Mine looks exactly the same as yours. However, I’ve seen some of my fellow firsts that reflect all their ranks excluding when they were “SA’s” on the “Rate Change Authority” portion. 

I asked everyone at work waiting on the results to check. So far only 1 other is like mine, the rest show their ranks. I was told not to look into it that far because it could be them just updating the select/non select status

Guest Joesph Naval
4 minutes ago, PO1Oz said:

I asked everyone at work waiting on the results to check. So far only 1 other is like mine, the rest show their ranks. I was told not to look into it that far because it could be them just updating the select/non select status

Def going to be curious to see if there is any thing connected to that. I’m most def sure there isn’t. We’re, or at least I’ve been looking for every sign possible. Lol. Make sure you repost this with your S or N so we can see if it really was something. 

Guest Joesph Naval
7 minutes ago, CT_in_DC said:

Ha, I'm not worried at all. I'll have the same response when I get the phone call today from whoever is calling...if they call... My triad is in another state, and at that, they're all TDY from what I understand. I'll likely have to wait 'till tomorrow to find out when the public list hits the street.

For clarification, mine shows all the rank/rate, grade, dates, TIR, RCA code, Authority, and all dates are Not Verified.

Didn’t mean don’t worry literally brother 😅. Just looking out. Good luck. 

Guest PO Theo

Mine has all my ranks and "not verified." I have now convinced myself that this is bad news. This is strictly speculation, of course, but my bet is that the ones who have no promotion history will end up finding out that they've been selected. Place your bets!

Guest UWANTFIREIMICE

So I'm FTS therefore my results had already come out and I did not make it.  I have 18.5 years in and am on the fence for how I feel about not being selected after making board for the 2nd time... long story short - Good luck to all you hard chargers out there and don't give up HOPE regardless of the outcome!  Keep pushing - it's what we're trained to do - NO THROWING IN THE WHITE TOWEL just stay strong and push harder next time if you don't make it.  For all of those that do get selected, CONGRATS and keep those of us that didn't make it in mind as you'll be our new leaders!  Thanks for fighting the great fight :-)

Guest CT_in_DC
3 minutes ago, Joesph Naval said:

Didn’t mean don’t worry literally brother 😅. Just looking out. Good luck. 

Heck yeah, good luck to you too man!

1 minute ago, PO Theo said:

Mine has all my ranks and "not verified." I have now convinced myself that this is bad news. This is strictly speculation, of course, but my bet is that the ones who have no promotion history will end up finding out that they've been selected. Place your bets!

I'll join your crew, and I'll place a nice wager that I keep my cushy job until I retire without fear of being redirected. The small amount of money ain't worth the BS that could possibly come along with it. I have my plan, and we know how the Navy loves to screw those up for us. I'd gladly see someone take 'my spot' in the Mess that will continue to advance, stay in, and do great things. I'm retiring in 773 days regardless, and there's no changing my mind about that.

Guest PO Theo
13 hours ago, IT_Mom said:

I’m thinking that individuals are looking in two different spots. I’m sure everyone that’s SBE probably says not verified when they check their Promotion History UNDER the professional history section of NSIPS. 

Is there more than one place to check promotion history in NSIPS? 

Guest paperwarfare
24 minutes ago, PO Theo said:

Oh I can’t handle the pressure. I’m going shopping!! 🛍 

Guest UWANTFIREIMICE

That I know of, "Not verified" won't matter because the ESR isn't looked at; OMPF is though... correct me if I'm wrong.