FY20 Chief Selection Board

Guest paperwarfare
17 minutes ago, AME1 said:

So this may have already been discussed, but to kill some time.  How many times up for board is this for everyone?  Me it's my 9th and final board of 10 times eligible.

6 for 6 here. 

Guest CT_in_DC
13 minutes ago, AME1 said:

So this may have already been discussed, but to kill some time.  How many times up for board is this for everyone?  Me it's my 9th and final board of 10 times eligible.

Eighth time up in the last ten years, with the last six years board eligible in a row. This will be my last shot, as I'm not gonna be the guy that gets pinned and retires on the same day. I'll notify PERS that I plan to retire at my 20 as I am not interested in doing 22, thusly removing myself from promotion consideration. Tomorrow will be the day that I'll smile regardless. It's been awesome, but with my future on track and a plan that won't fail - I'm set for 20 and out regardless of "S" or "N".

Good luck to you all out there! (and you know who you are, thanks for the reminder that results are coming out this week).

Guest UwantMotrin?
23 minutes ago, AME1 said:

This is my first time so I'm not expecting too much lol

4 minutes ago, CT_in_DC said:

Eighth time up in the last ten years, with the last six years board eligible in a row. This will be my last shot, as I'm not gonna be the guy that gets pinned and retires on the same day. I'll notify PERS that I plan to retire at my 20 as I am not interested in doing 22, thusly removing myself from promotion consideration. Tomorrow will be the day that I'll smile regardless. It's been awesome, but with my future on track and a plan that won't fail - I'm set for 20 and out regardless of "S" or "N".

Good luck to you all out there! (and you know who you are, thanks for the reminder that results are coming out this week).

I had a plan to be out at 20, but put some thought into it and decided to stay the extra 2 years.  I too will smile tomorrow regardless of what my result is.  21 years in the Navy, and no regrets about it all.  Only thing is if I don't get the S, I have just under 8 months until my planned terminal/ house hunting.  So hopefully I get someone to take over for me sooner than later.  Good luck to all!

Guest CT_in_DC
3 minutes ago, AME1 said:

I had a plan to be out at 20, but put some thought into it and decided to stay the extra 2 years.  I too will smile tomorrow regardless of what my result is.  21 years in the Navy, and no regrets about it all.  Only thing is if I don't get the S, I have just under 8 months until my planned terminal/ house hunting.  So hopefully I get someone to take over for me sooner than later.  Good luck to all!

I can understand that, glad that you stayed and continued to make a positive impact. I'm lucky that I only need to extend less than a year to finish out my time where I am, and I'm amongst civilians, I have zero military with me, no Sailors to lead, no torch to pass. What a hell of a way to call it quits. Just for fun, this post brought to you while wearing tan pants... albeit chinos.

11.5 years in made board last year for LDO purposes and made board this year for first time up.  I know everyone says this but I feel like that convening order was talking about me lol.  I'm trying to not get my hopes up as it is first time eligible but these Get underway! In the offing knoweth ye that hand over fist I will fight hard & fast! So batten down the hatches because between the devil and the deep blue sea I will deliver more than a shot across the bow! (You big dummy) 30.4% quotas got me feeling like I have a chance.

Guest GSE1(SW) Lukeskywalker
1 hour ago, AME1 said:

First go for me..

Guest oldno07
1 hour ago, AME1 said:

Round 3 for me!!!!

Guest Doc Danny
1 hour ago, AME1 said:

3rd time’s a charm here. God willing. 

Guest Machinist Capt Amer

this is my second time up and second time making board right at the average for making chief on my LaDr. Good luck to everyone

Guest ASC(AW/SW/IW)
21 hours ago, MILSPOUSE01 said:

By the way .... congrats on making Chief last year! 

thanks! Hopefully its you guys time!! Will be checking on here when I have time to see.

Guest ASC(AW/SW/IW)
20 hours ago, Sierra Hotel One said:

I thought since last cycle they go back further than 5 years even if not for tiebreaker scenarios? 

they can go back more than 5 years, but usually 5 years is enough to tell them if you are a S or N.  When the competition is tight, they will more than likely go back further.

Guest ASC(AW/SW/IW)
4 hours ago, Tony said:

Yes tomorrow. Also 1700 cet = 11 am edt. That message came from Europe.

This is the word I also got, I received that same exact email. Our schedule of season stuff is also out with a meet scheduled for Aug 3. I also noticed a backup date of Aug 10. So take it with a grain of salt. Results are EXPECTED tomorrow but could be released next week, hence the backup date..

Guest subguy10524

For me, 5th time up, 5th time board. We will also see tomorrow. Luckily, work is super busy, so I am worried elsewhere and not on tomorrow.

Guest ASC(AW/SW/IW)
5 minutes ago, ASC(AW/SW/IW) said:

This is the word I also got, I received that same exact email. Our schedule of season stuff is also out with a meet scheduled for Aug 3. I also noticed a backup date of Aug 10. So take it with a grain of salt. Results are EXPECTED tomorrow but could be released next week, hence the backup date..

Just finished going thru all the posts, looks like tomorrow is the day. Good luck to all that awaits the results. Take today to spend time with your loved ones ( trust me). ust enjoy their company and dont worry about tomorrow. The list is already put together and you worrying is not going to make your name appear or disappear from a list that is already final. Enjoy today with friends and family. If you do not get the S tomorrow, keep on trying for next time. If this is your last time, keep your head up and be proud you gave this great country 20 years of service to the best of your ability. If you do get the S,  be humble and prepared for one of the toughest/best experiences you will ever have in your military career. You can send me a PM if you need advice, I wont answer right away but I will get to all your messages.

Guest NOLASenior
38 minutes ago, ASC(AW/SW/IW) said:

Just finished going thru all the posts, looks like tomorrow is the day. Good luck to all that awaits the results. Take today to spend time with your loved ones ( trust me). ust enjoy their company and dont worry about tomorrow. The list is already put together and you worrying is not going to make your name appear or disappear from a list that is already final. Enjoy today with friends and family. If you do not get the S tomorrow, keep on trying for next time. If this is your last time, keep your head up and be proud you gave this great country 20 years of service to the best of your ability. If you do get the S,  be humble and prepared for one of the toughest/best experiences you will ever have in your military career. You can send me a PM if you need advice, I wont answer right away but I will get to all your messages.

Sage advice right there.

The 5 year rule is not hard and fast. It is considered by many board members to stay in that time frame, but as mentioned, I found myself looking well past it. And, yes, it was for the positives. The board knows about those 'high speed, low drag' Sailors that 'get it' early and get qual'd way ahead of schedule or (LaDR). That is one of the reasons we see well beyond 5 years.

Good luck Shipmates

Second shot at it been in 15 years now, last year I counted myself out before the results even posted, this year I am in a different mind state  and I am counting myself in. I’m not trying be cocky at all. But even if it’s not my year I will still continue to push hard until I earn my anchors.

• Like 1

Guest subguy10524
40 minutes ago, ASC(AW/SW/IW) said:

Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately, I am on duty today.  So today is spent ensuring the plant is well taken care of! Tomorrow's outcome is already determined! Just gotta be patient and wait and see!

43 minutes ago, ASC(AW/SW/IW) said:

Thanks for the important update!!

:128_1:

Guest Skipari
3 hours ago, AME1 said:

Forth time for me. Good luck to everyone!