FY20 Chief Selection Board

Guest AO1(AW/SW)
Just now, EMN1 said:

No, it was an E6 eval.

Type of report - Regular

Promotion status - Frocked

In the PSR it is also listed under E6.

It's from the Advancement instruction, not the Eval isntruction, my bad.

Your frocked should've been a close out of your E5. It is not a real E6 eval periodic eval.

8 minutes ago, EMN1 said:

No, it was an E6 eval.

Type of report - Regular

Promotion status - Frocked

In the PSR it is also listed under E6.

It's from the Advancement instruction, not the Eval isntruction, my bad.

If it’s a frocked eval than it would not count for an EP waiver. The promotion status would have to be regular. If you are frocked, you are not in the paygrade.  And the math for the TIR wouldn’t work out, because it only waives 1 year. 

Guest AO1(AW/SW)
1 minute ago, EMN1 said:

You are misquoting me.

if you get a frocked E6 EP eval on November 15th, then the following year, you transfer near Nov 15th, and use that as your regular reporting period eval as allowed in the instruction. Then you are eligible for early TIR advancement.

Tell me what kind of sense does this make.

You get a frocked E6 get's an EP due to being ranked with everybody else that picked up rank.

Next eval is a 1of 1 transfer EP ranked against nobody.

That's not going to get you a TIR waiver. IF that were the case everybody would be taking the test early.

18 minutes ago, NavyMA said:

Yeah but doesn’t it state that it has to be in the pay grade? I know for PMA they all have to be in the same pay grade. Where in the instruction are you seeing this? 

(2) An EP recommendation received on a special, detachment of individual (transfer), or detachment of reporting senior evaluation does not negate the ability to receive an EP waiver if the most recent observed period evaluation reflects a promotion recommendation of EP. However a special, detachment of individual (transfer), or detachment of reporting senior evaluation cannot be used to establish eligibility for a TIR waiver.

Guest AO1(AW/SW)
1 minute ago, EMN1 said:

(2) An EP recommendation received on a special, detachment of individual (transfer), or detachment of reporting senior evaluation does not negate the ability to receive an EP waiver if the most recent observed period evaluation reflects a promotion recommendation of EP. However a special, detachment of individual (transfer), or detachment of reporting senior evaluation cannot be used to establish eligibility for a TIR waiver.

I'm not trying to piss you bro off but Frocked evals do not count. Because technically your not in the paygrade yet.

2 minutes ago, AO1(AW/SW) said:

Tell me what kind of sense does this make.

You get a frocked E6 get's an EP due to being ranked with everybody else that picked up rank.

Next eval is a 1of 1 transfer EP ranked against nobody.

That's not going to get you a TIR waiver. IF that were the case everybody would be taking the test early.

This is a classic case of misinformation. Just read the instruction, not going to argue with you.

Just now, AO1(AW/SW) said:

I'm not trying to piss you bro off but Frocked evals do not count. Because technically your not in the paygrade yet.

It does count as long as it was also your Periodic eval

Guest wvahillbilly
On 7/27/2019 at 1:50 AM, AME1 said:

It's a little late now, but does everyone have their whites ready?  I remember a couple years ago a guy who picked up got told to be in his whites later that day, and he told the Senior Chief that they weren't ready.  I was already on my way out of the office when I was asked to leave, and close the door.  😬

Heck they are telling us to have our blues ready.  .lol

Guest AO1(AW/SW)
3 minutes ago, EMN1 said:

It does count as long as it was also your Periodic eval

it says in the current paygrade. Your current paygrade when you are frocked was not E6. Your eval should have reflected E5 still but Your write up should have said. "Eval submitted due to member making EMN1"

Guest AO1(AW/SW)
2 minutes ago, wvahillbilly said:

Heck they are telling us to have our blues ready.  .lol

yup same here and I'm currently deployed

Guest wvahillbilly
On 7/27/2019 at 9:14 AM, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

So who’s been running?  I was advised to be able to run 2.5 miles maintaining a 12 min/mile pace

I have been but it really hot in Okinawa and running sucks this time of year.  lol

Guest wvahillbilly
On 7/27/2019 at 9:16 AM, Submarinecook1stclass said:

If you get selected. Who is pinning you?

do you have someone passing down anchors?

i will have my wife and my mentor pin  me with my mentors anchors he has been holding for me for a while.

if selected wife and kids will pin, and as for anchors i have some that have been passed down that i have been holding for some time now.  deffently is time to put them on. 

11 minutes ago, AO1(AW/SW) said:

it says in the current paygrade. Your current paygrade when you are frocked was not E6. Your eval should have reflected E5 still but Your write up should have said. "Eval submitted due to member making EMN1"

It would not have to state that if they made it off the March exam. That’s why the promotion status is frocked. You only get a close out E5 eval if you make it of September exam. 

@EMN1 I think you are missing an important note in the instruction. 

“NOTE: In no case may the EP TIR Waiver exceed two consecutive NWAE cycles from the date of the most recent periodic evaluation.“ the waiver can only waive the two exams (for E7 one) that follow your most recent periodic eval. Like I stated previously, your TIR would not work out to used a FROCKED eval for a waiver. 

None if this really matters because you are eligible now. As long as you’re write ups are on point that’s what matters 

Guest AO1(AW/SW)
1 minute ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

It would not have to state that if they made it off the March exam. That’s why the promotion status is frocked. You only get a close out E5 eval if you make it of September exam. 

“NOTE: In no case may the EP TIR Waiver exceed two consecutive NWAE cycles from the date of the most recent periodic evaluation.“ the waiver can only waive the two exams that follow your most recent periodic eval. Like I stated previously, your TIR would not work out to used a FROCKED eval for a waiver. 

Makes sense because when I made 1st it was off the September cycle and I received a close out

16 minutes ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

“NOTE: In no case may the EP TIR Waiver exceed two consecutive NWAE cycles from the date of the most recent periodic evaluation.“ the waiver can only waive the two exams (for E7 one) that follow your most recent periodic eval. Like I stated previously, your TIR would not work out to used a FROCKED eval for a waiver. 

None if this really matters because you are eligible now. As long as you’re write ups are on point that’s what matters 

I made first in March, if i had early TIR waiver then, i would have put chief on, Sept. 16th, 2.5 years later.

Guest Joesph Naval
50 minutes ago, wvahillbilly said:

I have been but it really hot in Okinawa and running sucks this time of year.  lol

Tell me about it. I’m in Bahrain. Gonna be rough this year lol. 

The main reason I think I wouldn’t get selected, #1 we only advanced 16% , secondly my E6 evals  are P,P,EPranked, and EP transfer eval. The second P should have been a MP but the LCPO at that time was new and told me straight up he didn’t want see me as a chief this was after a port visit and he was kind drunk he actually took leave during the E-6 ranks day. But I bounced back well and got the EP the next eval with a new LCPO. 

Guest LS1(AW/SW/IW)
11 hours ago, AO1(AW/SW) said:

I would say the reason for me not getting selected is only having 1 E6 eval. I heard the board likes sailors to have at least almost 3-4 years TIR as an E6.

That’s incorrect 

Guest GuesserOfWeather
On 7/27/2019 at 6:41 PM, DocEddy8404 said:

What will be the reason you don’t get selected? 

Last Five Years quick capture...

2018 (15 month EVAL new Command)  #2 of 12 Hard Ranked / #4 of 47 across 4 UICs Soft Rank EP DLPO of 100 Sailors FY19 SOY

2017 #1 of 16 EP: Det LPO / CPO365 PT Coord / SAPR / EIWS Coord

2016 #2 of 16 EP Det LPO: MTS / SAPR FCPOA Pres / CPO365 Training / EIWS Coord / PPME SEJPME 

2015 #7 of 16 EP Instructor / FCPOA Vice Pres

2014 NOB: BCA Faliure 14-2

2014 Transfer 1 of 1 EP Det LPO

So it simple for me if I don’t get the “S” will because I may have not shown enough rebound from my BCA failure.

Guest GSE1(SW) Lukeskywalker

Last 5 years recap 

Frocked E5 MP of 15 (4.0) above RSCA 

Transfer E5 eval EP(4.0) above RSCA 

New command E5 eval P of 184 (3.43) below RSCA 

Same command E5 eval MP of 182 (4.00) above RSCA 

First eval as E6 P of 184 (3.14) covering 8 months below RSCA 

Transfer eval as E6 1 of 1 EP 3.29(covering 4 months) below RSCA 

New command E6 eval EP of 65 (4.29 )(covering 7 months) above RSCA 

Let's just say I'm optimistic lol

Guest Gwarrior
37 minutes ago, jake_IT1 said:

Alright guys, 

(rumor-wise) it’s the last week!

Anyone anxious about it?

Unbelievably so. Although, my entire family and wife’s family are certain I’m a shoe in. We will see what comes.