FY20 Chief Selection Board

Guest degenerateJEFF
3 minutes ago, DocMix said:

I feel like we would have heard concrete word by now if that were the case, I'm kind of hoping for a release next friday for personal reasons 

So I can drink my face off for 2 days

2 minutes ago, DocMix said:

I feel like we would have heard concrete word by now if that were the case, I'm kind of hoping for a release next friday for personal reasons 

Yes, and I would have received the full blown email by now. 

Guest PO Theo

Navy Advancement Center posted on July 1st that triads would be notified tomorrow (July 2) about the Selres results. If the current email/rumor regarding active results is true, NAC should post tomorrow on Facebook. 

Guest NachoMM1
2 minutes ago, PO Theo said:

Navy Advancement Center posted on July 1st that triads would be notified tomorrow (July 2) about the Selres results. If the current email/rumor regarding active results is true, NAC should post tomorrow on Facebook. 

Dang. You beat me to it. 

Best scenario is we get the schedule tomorrow. If we don’t, we’ll know it ain’t Wednesday at least. 

Guest wvahillbilly
10 hours ago, Tony said:

Correct, the unofficial timeline is:

• 31 July, Wednesday,  TRIAD Release 1100 EST
  • 01 Aug, Thursday, Public Release 1100 EST

These last few days always SUCK!!!  cant sleep for crap and being in Japan the CMD here say they will make phone calls Wednesday night (about midnight) for those that made it.  next couple of night are going to be rough. 

The same exact thing happened last year with the "email" and it was all rumor.

I also hope this year is wrong because I was bed ridden all weekend to find out I had strep, so its killed my "last weekend" high hopes lol.

Guest MilSpouse09

My hubby picked up this year (he is FTS), so he’s already been in season for 3 weeks. The ‘rumors’ seem to be true lol Wednesday to triad, Thursday to the public. 

Here's a redacted version of what one of the members sent. 

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 4:46 PM

Subject: FW: -- CHIEF PETTY OFFICER INITIATION --

Good afternoon EURAFSWA Leaders,

The < REDACTED> made some great points and I wanted to ensure everyone was able to digest.

Wednesday at 1700 (CET) we will find out the results.  Please note that Naples will not be starting their official CPO Initiation Season until Monday 5 August.

Please note that you must show your boss the results prior to sending it to the Mess. Your boss is the final authority if you will be frocking your Selectee's. This is not automatic, and there are requirements that must be met (BCA/PFA and CPOLC). Contact me if you are having difficulties seeing the results.

V/R

< REDACTED>

Subject: -- CHIEF PETTY OFFICER INITIATION --

Leadership Mess - attached are a few "Point of Emphasis" from Laying the Keel. This points in no way take precedence on this document but I am rather using them as another tool / reminder of some of the things that we must remind ourselves as we move out on this extremely important process - a process we own.  A proven delivery method that produces great Chief Petty Officers and Leaders. -- We own this process.

Leadership is a privilege and a true honor, but it is also a tremendous responsibility.   With MCPON's Laying the Keel, we have all been charged with the responsibility of leading our First Class Petty Officers to become: 

"Confident, yet humble Leaders relentlessly dedicated to the continuous improvement of their teams and themselves.  Drives excellence in leading our Navy team forward across the operation and warfighting competencies."  We are all a product of this beloved process - a process in which we will invest for the future of our Navy, our Chiefs' Mess, our Country.   Let's own it, let's lead it, let's go out and safely develop this newly selected Chief Petty Officers to be better than us.  The challenges our Navy will face in the future will require their dedication and commitment to help fight and lead our Sailors to continue to achieve mission success and carry on the traditions behind the world's greatest Navy.

Charge!

V/r

< REDACTED>

• Like 1

Guest Itsme80
27 minutes ago, Tony said:

Here's a redacted version of what one of the members sent. 

So what I got from this is that the triad will know tomorrow??

Guest PO Theo
2 minutes ago, AO1(AW/SW) said:

Well my stomach will be in a knot for the next 24hrs...

Same here. I can't even focus at work. Haha... I swear I'm not going to let it affect me every year, but it always does.