FY20 Chief Selection Board

Guest subguy10524

I was just looking through NSIPS, is anyone else's promotion history blank with not verified? Yes, I am grasping at straws. Don't judge me.

:ph34r:

Guest Boats101
43 minutes ago, subguy10524 said:

I was just looking through NSIPS, is anyone else's promotion history blank with not verified? Yes, I am grasping at straws. Don't judge me.

Haha, yeah mine is too.

Guest SubLS
1 hour ago, subguy10524 said:

Mine just shows the rating change from LS1 to LSS1 from a year or so ago when Submarine LS's got the extra S in the rating. But it does say unverified as well.

Guest Stazz

12 years in, 5th time board eligible (and 1 LDO only prior). First two years I blame on important docs missing that I didn't catch. Third time maybe just quota driven. Last year I counted myself out due to the previous eval and most of last year was a rebuilding year. I feel better about it this year but feel like next year will be the year.

Folks, please remember you need to reply to the registration email when you sign up...

And those lurking, how about joining know? When things get hot and heavy, I will close registration until the chaos and calamity calms down.

:5295:

Guest Stazz
1 hour ago, subguy10524 said:

Same here... What does it mean? I swear when I did my nsips review in March it was there.

Guest OJ451
5 hours ago, AME1 said:

So this may have already been discussed, but to kill some time.  How many times up for board is this for everyone?  Me it's my 9th and final board of 10 times eligible.

Joined 2000.  Made First in 2008.  1 test for LDO, 9 regular tests.  Board 6 times.  Last 6 tests scored +90%.  Would be nice to get those anchors even though it’s late in the game.  

Guest DocEddy8404
20 minutes ago, OJ451 said:

Joined 2000.  Made First in 2008.  1 test for LDO, 9 regular tests.  Board 6 times.  Last 6 tests scored +90%.  Would be nice to get those anchors even though it’s late in the game.  

I almost submitted my profile sheet with my LTB cause I was so proud of my exam score lol

Guest MilSpouse09
4 hours ago, LS1(EXW/SW/AW) said:

11.5 years in made board last year for LDO purposes and made board this year for first time up.  I know everyone says this but I feel like that convening order was talking about me lol.  I'm trying to not get my hopes up as it is first time eligible but these Get underway! In the offing knoweth ye that hand over fist I will fight hard & fast! So batten down the hatches because between the devil and the deep blue sea I will deliver more than a shot across the bow! (You big dummy) 30.4% quotas got me feeling like I have a chance.

My hubby is FTS but he is exactly like you! Been in 11.5 years, took the test last year for LDO, and then took it this year for chief and ended up picking up! He’s in a diff rating, but your career seems pretty similar! Good luck to you!!

Guest AO1(AW/SW)
46 minutes ago, Stazz said:

Same here... What does it mean? I swear when I did my nsips review in March it was there.

same here for me. We might all have it that's board eligible.

Guest Rmss00
2 hours ago, subguy10524 said:

Mine has all of them verified with the exception of PS1 which is not verified 

Guest SH1DBG
2 hours ago, subguy10524 said:

Mine has all not verified.  SHSN, SH3, SH2, SH1.  I think it has been that way, I looked at both NSIPS and NSIPS Afloat.  Same thing.  Nothing blank, all filled out, just not verified.

Guest PO Theo
15 minutes ago, AO1(AW/SW) said:

same here for me. We might all have it that's board eligible.

We should keep track of who gets selected and how that compares with their NSIPS. It may correlate and be something else we obsess over next year.

Guest MILSPOUSE01

Alright y'all I need some advice. 

This is my hubs 5th time up and I'm hoping and praying for the best of course. 🤞  I'm his biggest supporter, encourager and cheerleader but in previous years when the 'N' has appeared I feel his sadness and disappointment and I'm at a loss of words as to what to say to him. He has 18 1/2 years in, has worked his tail off, and I'm praying this is his year, even though he's so close to retirement. 

Any insight from y'all who are active would be greatly appreciated. 🙌

Guest subguy10524
1 hour ago, PO Theo said:

We should keep track of who gets selected and how that compares with their NSIPS. It may correlate and be something else we obsess over next year.

That is what I am thinking. Some people are seeing all the previous ranks. And some are seeing nothing showing.  Would be interesting to see if it correlates with anything. 

Guest DevilDocB
56 minutes ago, PO Theo said:

Prior to the board it all was there and validated for me, now I too have nothing there and says not verified. First time up as well.

Guest NachoMM1
57 minutes ago, Machinist Capt Amer said:

got to love having duty day EDO the day before results release lol

Must be on a small-boy. First classes can’t stand EDO on carriers. At least not the Nimitz. My last boat was a different story though.

Guest IT_Mom

I’m thinking that individuals are looking in two different spots. I’m sure everyone that’s SBE probably says not verified when they check their Promotion History UNDER the professional history section of NSIPS.