FY20 Chief Selection Board

Guest LS1(SW)
1 hour ago, jake_IT1 said:

Alright guys, 

(rumor-wise) it’s the last week!

Anyone anxious about it?

I'm just gasping for air at this point lol. Just ready to know something.

9 hours ago, AO1(AW/SW) said:

it says in the current paygrade. Your current paygrade when you are frocked was not E6. Your eval should have reflected E5 still but Your write up should have said. "Eval submitted due to member making EMN1"

Confirmed that you are mistaken.

Another first class at my work made first off the Sept. Exam, got a frocked EP in January. Then a transfer EP in October, and took that January's Chief exam (not for LDO purpose).

Guest Helo_AO

From NAVADMIN 214/18:

j.  Evaluations used to compute a performance mark average (PMA) of a
candidate must be inclusive of period 1 January 2016 to
31 December 2018.  For additional guidance on computing PMA, refer to chapter
3 of reference (a).  Refer to reference (d) for guidance on computing PMA and
establishing eligibility for early promote TIR waivers using concurrent
evaluations for specific IA/global support assignment tours.  Only E6
evaluations are to be used for computing PMA.  If a service member does not
have an evaluation in current paygrade during the period specified, prepare a
special evaluation with 31 December 2018 in block 15.

REF A IS BUPERSINST 1430.16F

Guest Machinist Capt Amer

This is my second time up for chief and I believe that I was not selected last time because I had P eval that was a check on eval below the RSCA. Snap shot going up this time four EP's and a check on P all above RSCA and all ranked.

Guest oldno07
2 hours ago, jake_IT1 said:

Alright guys, 

(rumor-wise) it’s the last week!

Anyone anxious about it?

Very Anxious 3rd year in a row making board in a row. Hit 17 years in June hoping all my hard work paid off at my last command!!!!!!

Guest DoktaPhil

How much of a deal breaker are all the BPME, PPME, JPME, SEJPME, etc...? I've heard, "oh you didn't complete it so its not happening" , and "its not that big of a deal." 

Guest Rmss00
1 hour ago, EMN1 said:

Confirmed that you are mistaken.

Another first class at my work made first off the Sept. Exam, got a frocked EP in January. Then a transfer EP in October, and took that January's Chief exam (not for LDO purpose).

Based on that timeline it doesnt sound like that he/she took the exam early. Remember that the TED for E7 is a year out. Would you mind clarifying the timeline?

Guest BU1(SCW/EXW)
20 minutes ago, DoktaPhil said:

How much of a deal breaker are all the BPME, PPME, JPME, SEJPME, etc...? I've heard, "oh you didn't complete it so its not happening" , and "its not that big of a deal." 

Almost all if not all the BUC’s from last years board had the SEJPME completed. Was the first thing I did after last years results.

Guest Submarinecook1stclass
1 hour ago, DoktaPhil said:

As a sub guy I would say not that important, most sub chiefs I know are like hell no. I got it don’t after I went to shore duty and worked for a surface Chief. So if I need it I got it either way

Guest BOAT$

As we know things can happen to timelines, however based on a good source if everything remains smooth the Triads will have it Wednesday and the Fleet will have it Thursday.  I'm excited for you all, good luck shipmates.

9 minutes ago, BOAT$ said:

As we know things can happen to timelines, however based on a good source if everything remains smooth the Triads will have it Wednesday and the Fleet will have it Thursday.  I'm excited for you all, good luck shipmates.

Im at the point where I have already went through the 5 stages of grief for not making it.  and being happy at the prospect of making it.

I just wanna know either way at this point so I can mentally move forward.

Guest UwantMotrin?
24 minutes ago, LS1(EXW/SW/AW) said:

Im at the point where I have already went through the 5 stages of grief for not making it.  and being happy at the prospect of making it.

I just wanna know either way at this point so I can mentally move forward.

I’m just trying to focus on finishing all my homework for this week (last week of my classes) so I don’t have to think about this too much😂

Guest LS1(SW)
13 minutes ago, UwantMotrin? said:

I’m just trying to focus on finishing all my homework for this week (last week of my classes) so I don’t have to think about this too much😂

I wish I had some homework to focus on 😂.  Just a few more days left.

57 minutes ago, BOAT$ said:

Correct, the unofficial timeline is:

• 31 July, Wednesday,  TRIAD Release 1100 EST
  • 01 Aug, Thursday, Public Release 1100 EST

Guest AO1(AW/SW)
6 minutes ago, EOTW said:

Question for everyone, in my psr (active personnel summary) it doesnt have my ENL designator in the box, although every eval and award has my designator on it. Should I worry about this, or am I splitting hairs at this point?

Is it your primary? or your secondary one?

Guest PO Theo
5 minutes ago, EOTW said:

Question for everyone, in my psr (active personnel summary) it doesnt have my ENL designator in the box, although every eval and award has my designator on it. Should I worry about this, or am I splitting hairs at this point?

I caught this on mine as well and had it fixed a year ago. I was told that it wouldn't matter because it's on my evals, but I wasn't taking any chances. I submitted my EAWS certificate every time until it was fixed. 

Guest Skipari
1 hour ago, PO Theo said:

I caught this on mine as well and had it fixed a year ago. I was told that it wouldn't matter because it's on my evals, but I wasn't taking any chances. I submitted my EAWS certificate every time until it was fixed. 

Exactly. Only displays my primary. My EXW is in my evals but I submitted my qual in my LTB regardless, just to eliminate any confusion.

10 minutes ago, Skipari said:

Exactly. Only displays my primary. My EXW is in my evals but I submitted my qual in my LTB regardless, just to eliminate any confusion.

A Master Chief was reviewing my PSR and I had the same concern since I have three pins. He said the PSR only displays your most recent and not to worry about it as long as it’s in your evals.

Just now, IS1 said:

A Master Chief was reviewing my PSR and I had the same concern since I have three pins. He said the PSR only displays your most recent and not to worry about it as long as it’s in your evals.

that's good to hear.  I was worried but figured it wasn't worth asking on here.  Glad it got answered though :)