FY20 Chief Selection Board

Guest paperwarfare
3 hours ago, AO1(AW/SW) said:

Looks like I will go to ships medical and get some ibuprofen for my nerves...

I will join you. 🤒

12 minutes ago, IT_Mom said:

I’m thinking that individuals are looking in two different spots. I’m sure everyone that’s SBE probably says not verified when they check their Promotion History UNDER the professional history section of NSIPS. 

Yeah, it shows all my ranks and then Not Verified for all of them.

Promotion Not Verified.png

Good luck to everyone! Hope to see a lot of good posts in here tomorrow.im TAD in PCola so got to wait for my command to call me one way or the other. 

It’s been a good year of contributions! I see 145 guests that need to join!

@Tony can I at least get a participation award?!🤣😂

E2893B94-2AEE-48B1-9ED1-0CE027DBE82C.jpeg

Guest Machinist Capt Amer
53 minutes ago, NachoMM1 said:

Must be on a small-boy. First classes can’t stand EDO on carriers. At least not the Nimitz. My last boat was a different story though.

I’m on The Essex 

22 minutes ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

Good luck to everyone! Hope to see a lot of good posts in here tomorrow.im TAD in PCola so got to wait for my command to call me one way or the other. 

It’s been a good year of contributions! I see 145 guests that need to join!

@Tony can I at least get a participation award?!🤣😂

You must be psychic beyond the quantum realm! I never put out who gets what but all I will say is you qualify for something after 07/31/2019 at 10:45 PM.

:ph34r:

• Ha Ha 1

7 minutes ago, Tony said:

You must be psychic beyond the quantum realm! I never put out who gets what but all I will say is you qualify for something after 07/31/2019 at 10:45 PM.

:ph34r:

Hopefully I’ll qualify for a new username 🙏🏻

2 hours ago, DocEddy8404 said:

I almost submitted my profile sheet with my LTB cause I was so proud of my exam score lol

Still trying to figure out how I cut a 76 on the test last year. 

39 minutes ago, PO1(IW/FMF) said:

It’s been a good year of contributions! 

No way I'm #3 for the year.  I lose track of time, and forget about the forum for months on end.

Good luck to everybody tomorrow hopefully we will see a bunch of “S” in here. I’m TAD to Reno, NV this week so I won’t be there at work when they let everybody know so I’ll just be waiting around for a phone call hopefully 😂 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

Guest subguy10524
59 minutes ago, Vauk said:

Mine is blank. With just a single line saying not verified.

3 minutes ago, AME1 said:

No way I'm #3 for the year.  I lose track of time, and forget about the forum for months on end.

Really your second. My admin name shouldn't be there because I'm just posting the news and whatnot.

Anyway good luck to all.  I'm going back to binge watching Stargate SG-1, while my dog chews on a squeaky toy right next to me.  Should see some of you posting good news before I go to work tomorrow! 

Was chatting with my mentor and wanted to share his words of wisdom for those that get the “S”  

”Stay you through the whole season. Remember you deserve to be there that’s why you were selected.”

goodnight y’all and good luck!

Guest PO1Oz

Well, this is it you guys and gals. I am thinking that in 13 hours or so, some will celebrate and some will anguish. I hope we all get that S tomorrow. This is my 8th time trying and I can honestly say I’m getting mentally beat up over it.

good luck to all! 

Guest wvahillbilly
3 hours ago, Submarinecook1stclass said:

Now to get some sleep tonight

Now that is funney...  get some sleep while waiting for a phone call that the CoC said we should recieve by 0130 being we are in Japan.  lol  going to be tossing and turning all night.

Guest NachoMM1
1 hour ago, IT_Mom said:

I’m thinking that individuals are looking in two different spots. I’m sure everyone that’s SBE probably says not verified when they check their Promotion History UNDER the professional history section of NSIPS. 

Are you an IT who’s a mom or a mom of an IT? If it’s the latter kudos to you for taking the time and energy to understand the intricacies of the spiderweb of real navy sites like BOL

Guest PropM

Greetings, MM Surface here and this is my first post, good luck everybody, every year I tell myself I'm not going to think about it, somehow someway it keeps creeping back.  I got my PT gear packed and a 12 pack, either way it's going down lol.  14 years, 4 times up and I thought 3 times was the charm, evidently that magic number might be 8-9 for some of us.  It's a little hard to not think about it but at this point honestly it's done, either you did or didn't make it, tough love, good luck shipmates!

12 minutes ago, kneppercr said:

I'm very sorry that no-one else thought to interrupt the ritualized elbow-bumping, self-fellating, and hopeful adulation towards those who have already been selected to respond to you (all about the junior sailors indeed). But I will.

Really no need for that.

Guest MILSPOUSE01
5 minutes ago, kneppercr said:

For me personally, it is devastating when I don't get selected. Or when I didn't advance to ET2, or ET1. When it comes to E6 and E5 and E4 advancement, it's all but guaranteed that EVENTUALLY you'll make it (except HMs, sorry) so there is some small comfort in hearing "you've got it next time, you'll be fine, keep doing what you're doing and study more". That doesn't exist for E7. At the end of the day it is an opaque process with zero formal feedback and often conflicting informal feedback that has no need to ever reach further down the line than it needs to. Which is why saying "you've got it next time" always rings a bit hollow and the person you say it to gets a bit of a middle-distance look in their eyes when they hear it. And it gets worse for every time they do say no. 

Not advancing off of a test is a statement about the numbers, and a test, and a system that no-one is really accountable to. It in itself can be the target of bad feelings. In contrast, a CPO selection board is measuring the whole worth of a person inasmuch as they are able. Real people reviewing full records, and saying yes or no. The system is hardly blamable, there are people behind it with real names published alongside results, some of whom an individual under review might know personally. The blame tends to go internal rather than external.

So your husband probably doesn't want or need to hear anything about his career. If you must say something towards that, I recommend going along the lines of "not every doctor becomes a hospital administrator, but that doesn't mean they aren't helping people". What you should be telling him is how a "no" doesn't change the way you see him, or effect the way your family is, and that it has zero bearing on who he is as a person in relation to the people he is closest to and whose opinion really matters. Remind him that the Navy is ultimately temporary and that the arc of his and your life involves a multitude of other things that aren't measured by a collar device. That's what he needs to hear, the single most trusted voice in his life giving him an unending "yes" to the question of whether or not he is worth something, to drown out a panel of random people far away saying the 

Thank you for such a candid response. 👍 It is greatly appreciated! 

@MILSPOUSE01

I can't speak for everyone, but I had no constructive advice to give.  I'm single, so don't have a spouse to ask advice to give (don't have my ex-wifes email, but doubt she'd have much to say).  I also am in a minority that just rolls along like nothing happened.  I've had 8 N's, so maybe I'm just numb to it all.  Hopefully some of the other people can give advice, but for a lot of people, tonight is a really stressful night (as I'm sure you already knew).  The list is already made, and many people will be a bundle of nerves wondering if they've done all they could to make that list.  I think if tomorrow wasn't the magic day, maybe you would've gotten some more replies.  Only advice I can give, is what I've seen in these threads every year.  Just be his rock, like it sounds that you are.  It always sucks to see those you love hurt.

Guest OJ451
2 hours ago, AME1 said:

@MILSPOUSE01

I can't speak for everyone, but I had no constructive advice to give.  I'm single, so don't have a spouse to ask advice to give (don't have my ex-wifes email, but doubt she'd have much to say).  I also am in a minority that just rolls along like nothing happened.  I've had 8 N's, so maybe I'm just numb to it all.  Hopefully some of the other people can give advice, but for a lot of people, tonight is a really stressful night (as I'm sure you already knew).  The list is already made, and many people will be a bundle of nerves wondering if they've done all they could to make that list.  I think if tomorrow wasn't the magic day, maybe you would've gotten some more replies.  Only advice I can give, is what I've seen in these threads every year.  Just be his rock, like it sounds that you are.  It always sucks to see those you love hurt.

When you’re a single in the Navy, your family is the Navy.  You could even say you’re single because of the Navy.  All those days out at sea or on duty ensuring your ship, shipmates, and area of responsibilities is ready for any impending battle.  A family wasn’t issued to you in boot amp but your Navy family is.  When the selection never comes they never see the true sacrifice you committed.  You were all in.  Best you can do is recognize that your ship and shipmates always came back home safe because you sacrificed every waking moment leading, mentoring, fixing, and striving for them.  They might not notice.....but in comparison of the worst case scenario.....take what you can get and keep making great things happen despite there will never be recognition.  

Not a dig on Sailors with families, most applies to them as well.  Look at who takes the holiday watches, duty, and the tough jobs.  They are looking out for others.  

Guest Joesph Naval
5 hours ago, Vauk said:

Mine shows no Rate/Rank and there is only one block that’s all empty. To the far right it says not verified  it used to have all my ranks from SA to MA1

E2FFE632-8D34-4FA7-81B1-12C7574830C8.jpeg

Guest NucSub4life

It’s 0322 and I can not sleep 4th time up for Chief as an ETN.. Lowest quotas ever in the last 6 years and most likely Will not be making it! But praying for all that do!