FY20 Chief Selection Board

Guest Machinist Capt Amer

does anyone know the process when it comes to NJP code 38 in the beginning of the board process? Also how the board reviews history of assignments?

So... I’m staying positive, or at least trying. My profile sheet has my previous command uic on it, so would my current command actually get the results? Or could it possibly have gone to my pervious TRIAD? 

Guest OJ451

If after 19 years with 12 years in the same pay grade you don’t advance.... time to retire and find an employer that will show appreciation and recognition for your hard work.  It was a good ride and I gave everything to the Navy.  Now time to find a job that really cares about its employees and focus on myself.  

41AA5FEB-4033-422A-A880-6A416141E164.jpeg

Guest Doc Danny

Got the N today. Honestly don’t know what else I can do. I do know that I will continue to take care of my Sailors and continue to put my best foot forward. In a couples months I’ll be off to Recruiting Duty. Congratulations to all that got the S today. 

I was fortunate enough to get the S today. It took 6 times up but I was finally selected. Thank you to everyone for the amazing guidance on this board. I learned a lot! 

Guest mslteck99

I haven’t been told yes or no. I took my exam in Key West, but went to a Pre Comm LCS. After completing all of my I-Stops, I was repurposed to another ship.

My SEL in KW asked if I had heard anything, and as of 1500 ET, I still have yet to get a yes or no. What I was told by some fellow members off the PCU I was originally billeted to was “the RON got all the results for the commissioned units, so like the E6/5/4 results in May, we have to wait”

Well it is official I got picked up for civilian, next year I transfer to USS Back Yard DD-214.  Congrats to all who made it, and those who didn't keep on keeping on.  Also was anyone able to help out @MILSPOUSE01?

Guest KGPO1

@Tony THANK YOU for having this site! Today my husband received the “S,” as a spouse I didn’t know how I could help him, but I wanted to be encouraging, so I was a huge lurker. Last year I finally made an account and would continue to lurk because I really was looking for advice to help my husband and for that he  sends his thanks!  This site has given me the opportunity to understand the process, to ask him “did you do this?” “Do you have this,” “don’t forget to look up this.” Or just understand what he didn’t tell me! As a spouse I am truly thankful for this site because you gave me the opportunity to be involved and help! My husband said he will now sign up and become a member because he sees how insightful you all were to me! Thank you!  

Thank you all for the tools, tips, and encouraging words through this entire process. 

Guest MILSPOUSE01
47 minutes ago, AME1 said:

Well it is official I got picked up for civilian, next year I transfer to USS Back Yard DD-214.  Congrats to all who made it, and those who didn't keep on keeping on.  Also was anyone able to help out @MILSPOUSE01?

@AME1 Thank you for your service. I'm sorry you got passed up too! My husband also got the N! 5th year in a row however, he too will be retiring at the end of next year so he has earned every S in my book for 20 years of outstanding service. CONGRATS to all who made it. 

31 minutes ago, KGPO1 said:

@Tony THANK YOU for having this site! Today my husband received the “S,” as a spouse I didn’t know how I could help him, but I wanted to be encouraging, so I was a huge lurker. Last year I finally made an account and would continue to lurk because I really was looking for advice to help my husband and for that he  sends his thanks!  This site has given me the opportunity to understand the process, to ask him “did you do this?” “Do you have this,” “don’t forget to look up this.” Or just understand what he didn’t tell me! As a spouse I am truly thankful for this site because you gave me the opportunity to be involved and help! My husband said he will now sign up and become a member because he sees how insightful you all were to me! Thank you!  

Thank you all for the tools, tips, and encouraging words through this entire process. 

Thank you for the kind words and congratulations to you and your husband. Yes, it's great to see all the good info put out on the forum and better yet when others benefit. Just wish more of the members got that S but I guess that's why it's so coveted, they don't just hand it out. Thanks again. 

Guest NavyAEforlife

7th time making Board, out of 9 tests; 7th "N" today but... a friend & shipmate I helped with their package did get selected!   Now to decide whether to drop retirement package last minute next year, or put myself through this one last time!   Congrats to all who made it this year!

2 hours ago, MMN said:

So... I’m staying positive, or at least trying. My profile sheet has my previous command uic on it, so would my current command actually get the results? Or could it possibly have gone to my pervious TRIAD? 

from what I understand, it goes to the uic you are listed as.

Sorry for not being able to get on sooner. I got the “S” today. Skipper, XO, CMC called me this morning. This was my 11th time and I’ve been in 19.7 years. Stay the course, lead and take care of Sailors. 

• Cool 2

7 minutes ago, Ord3i said:

Sorry for not being able to get on sooner. I got the “S” today. Skipper, XO, CMC called me this morning. This was my 11th time and I’ve been in 19.7 years. Stay the course, lead and take care of Sailors. 

WOW!! In my book that would be called inspirational - CONGRATULATIONS!!

:5308:

Congratulation to everyone that is selected. I am angry about my non selection because of some of those in my rating that were, for reasons I won’t blast here. But at the same time I know there were some GREAT selections as well. On to FY-21!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ord3i said:

Congrats bro!

Don't forget folks:

• After the list comes out tomorrow, if you made it, you can ask me to switch you to the selectee list. You can then be added to the Chief's list later
  • Just in case, if you are unable to log in please contact me. there was an issue with the maintenance update that I did
  • I closed the forum for registration to take a little break. It'll be open at a later time.

Guest Helo_AO
39 minutes ago, Ord3i said:

Congrats IYAOYAS