FY20 Chief Selection Board

Guest NavyNC1

Just a random question. If something was wrong with your record, like you were selected but they needed you to verify something (Like you were a gapped number on tomorrows list). When would your command find that out?

17 minutes ago, NavyNC1 said:

Just a random question. If something was wrong with your record, like you were selected but they needed you to verify something (Like you were a gapped number on tomorrows list). When would your command find that out?

If you get the “H”, then your command will know about it and in turn notify you of what needs to be taken care of

Guest NavyNC1
1 minute ago, Ord3i said:

If you get the “H”, then your command will know about it and in turn notify you of what needs to be taken care of

Would they know today? Im assuming yes but still holding that final thread of hope today. 

20 minutes ago, Ord3i said:

Assuming your TRIAD is able to access the results, yes they would know. 

And by the way, there was a member (really more) who was put on hold for a very long time but eventually got the S. He's still a member.

Guest Gwarrior

Do results normally get sent to the PG command. I haven’t heard from my command yet, but my sponsor at my next command that I report to in November says I showed up on their list.

5 minutes ago, Gwarrior said:

Do results normally get sent to the PG command. I haven’t heard from my command yet, but my sponsor at my next command that I report to in November says I showed up on their list.

It will go to the UIC you are listed as.

Guest MIW_For_Life

Congratulations to all who got selected. To all who did not, chin up. Keep pushing, keep doing what is right, keep being the Sailor the Navy needs. 

Guest AO1(AW/SW)

First time up and get the "N" really thought I had a strong package for an AO but I really think my NJP played a part in this as well as less than 2 year TIR. Ill keep doing what I am doing and keep leading sailors!

Congrats on all of you guys getting the "S" you all really deserved it.

#KeepGrinding

Guest Corpsman_Crystal

I got the S...after 18 years and 9 times up. It's funny because I haven't really done anything in the past year because I had given up and was ready to retire. So my advice to pick up...don't give a crap lol.

Guest ET(SS)

Selected first time up, thank god for that 30% pickup rate. I'll see you selectees in the private forum! Condolences for all those who didn't, I really wish this process was less opaque. There are some great sailors and leaders who haven't made it, and some less deserving ones that have (in my personal opinion). I think the Navy does a disservice to itself when a stellar sailor gets passed up because something was administratively wrong with their package, and they never get told it was the reason.

I'm getting questions about the Chief Selectee Group, here's the scoop...

Starting tomorrow, after the list comes out, I'll need:

• First and Last name
  • Rate
  • Username of this forum (if you email it to me)

Please wait until the list comes out otherwise I might forget your request (old age.)  :sembarrassed_100-115:

:graphics-3d-smileys-986177:

Guest CT_in_DC

Hello all. I can say I finally got the news with selection I've been waiting almost ten years for. Got the S.

The games have already started, and I think I'm already "that guy". Haha. 

Congratulations to all that have made it, and for those that didn't this time, hey, this was my LAST CHANCE at promotion. It happens. Never give up, always keep the faith, and always do right by your fellow Sailors and by yourself and your family (if you have one).

Thank you to all. I'm new here posting, but a huge long time lurker. 

Guest Sailor wife and mom

Good job to all who made it and good luck next year to all that did not.  I just wanted to thank you for helping me keep sane during the last week.  My son got his S this year.  Now my husband and I are going to Japan in September and my husband will be putting on his first set of anchors onto the collar of our son.  That has been a dream of my husband and my son.  

Guest Helo_AO
12 hours ago, AO1(AW/SW) said:

First time up and get the "N" really thought I had a strong package for an AO but I really think my NJP played a part in this as well as less than 2 year TIR. Ill keep doing what I am doing and keep leading sailors!

Congrats on all of you guys getting the "S" you all really deserved it.

#KeepGrinding

Same here bro. I’m gonna PM you, we have similar scenarios.

Congrats again to all.