FY-19 LDO/CWO Procurement Board

Guest Mustang6235

The MAs are big on pushing their people to applying LDO, and many of those are also civilian LEOs/supervisors. 

So they’re able to build an impressive Navy/civilian resume. 

Guest Rwar007

Sbreakall

Im not sure how the CIV LE works, I have combo of Navy MA and Federal gov 0083 LE experience totaling 15 years. Made LT (civ) in June of 17 and I honestly don’t know what else I can do at this point. Last year I spoke to a select and they didn’t even have a LE background outside of the Navy.......maybe they throw darts at a listing of applicant names.

B8282879-A2E0-4AFE-A8F0-F69C30CD47FA.jpeg

Been following the forum for awhile, just received the confirmation email today for some reason. I’ve been feeling everyone’s pain though as I have been hitting F5 constantly hoping for the best. I’m a 628x applying for the first time. I feel like I had a strong package, I’m just hoping for the best. Good luck to everyone!

1 hour ago, Sbreakall said:

My packet was never in BOL, unless it appeared in December cause I never looked during that month. I was assured by PERS that this is normal for reservists. 

Great.

Thanks for the reply. Can't wait to see the results.

Guest AMCSTack

I just got a text from a reputable person that tomorrow is the day!  I hope it’s accurate, I’m not good at waiting lol.  But knowing my luck they are messing with me cause I’m on leave.  Hopefully 5th times the charm :) 

Guest LDO_Hopeful88
1 hour ago, Sbreakall said:

It's just so different on the reserve side because the precepts mention civilian experience counting, but no guideline on what and how that experience counts. For example, 649X says that civilian law enforcement experience can be used to supplement navy experience, particularly at the sergeant level. There's no way for the board to know the difference between someone who works as a sergeant at a small PD and someone  who works at a large PD and has Law Enforcement Supervisory experience.

Yeah I applied for 649X as well and this is one of my big concerns for the opposite reason. I do not work in civilian law enforcement. I think I have a pretty solid application for Navy, but I'm afraid because I do not work in LE everyday it will hurt me. My 2 friends who have been selected are both civilian LE.

Guest STSC-CWO
4 minutes ago, SubETC said:

Am I the only Sub guy on here? Been through the whole thread and it seems like it. Maybe that works in my favor!

I’m an STSC, although I applied for the new 728X. 

Guest EM1(SS)
4 minutes ago, SubETC said:

Am I the only Sub guy on here? Been through the whole thread and it seems like it. Maybe that works in my favor!

I'm a submariner.  Are you radio, nav or nuke?

Guest crazdsquirel
14 minutes ago, SubETC said:

My husband is a submariner. He's a nuke.  

Guest EM1(SS)
Just now, SubETC said:

I’m Nav....man, put a comment out there for Subs and they all come out!

We're always there, just waiting for the right moment.

Guest atypicalET
57 minutes ago, SubETC said:

I used to be subs... does that still count???

I'm curious what everyone here thinks about this excerpt from a letter posted on another Navy website.

"Those limited-duty officers and chief warrant officers who were initiated chiefs have my greatest respect. The lessons they learned in the chief's mess they have carried into the wardroom. They train and mentor their newest arrivals and reach out to encourage those who will be successful in moving up. These officers are not just technical leaders and managers; they also are building a stronger Navy by building future leaders. What about those limited-duty officers who bypassed the chief's mess?

Well, they missed some great training, and I doubt they will ever really understand what it means to be the chief or to hear the phrase, "Ask the chief!" While it isn't official Navy policy, I think a first class petty officer should prove he can make chief before going to the wardroom. It takes more than attending knife and fork school to make a great mustang officer." (emphasis is my own, because I think it will bring the most conversation.)

Guest atypicalET
7 minutes ago, ET1EXWIWSW said:

I'm curious what everyone here thinks about this excerpt from a letter posted on another Navy website.

"Those limited-duty officers and chief warrant officers who were...

I saw multiple versions of this rhetoric back when I was an ET1 contemplating LDO. My buddy went for it and I didn’t, he is now a 618X and I am a Chief.

My biggest question for you, and this is not intended to incite anger, is this: Why would you care? LDO’s and CWO’s choose their own, and if you are chosen that is all you should care about.

Do you stand to miss some things? Absolutely! But, you stand to miss an opportunity entirely if you don’t give the decision to those LDO’s and CWO’s... like I did.

Last thing from me will be this: I wish I would have put my package in years ago.