FY-19 LDO/CWO Procurement Board

Guest McMustang6330

I briefly got excited for you all this morning, when I woke to see that there was a new NAVADMIN out...Unfortunately, it wasn't quite what you've all been waiting for!  Here's to another day of periodically refreshing OIX. 

Guest Tarheel PR
4 minutes ago, OSC_FISH! said:

I had the same idea... Soooo does “Any day now” mean not today..?? Asking for a friend... :)

No idea hahaha

Guest OSC_FISH!

My sleep schedule has been jacked since I got here... I’m gonna fight to stay awake until about 1300 est and count it as a loss after that... 

By then the count will be Results:10 Me: -3

Meaning another L for me today... lol 

2 minutes ago, ADCS*VFA said:

Yeah people not willing to lose their careers anymore. After this last board that was compromised people are walking the straight line now.

I could understand not commenting on the board itself, but is the information on where in the process the results are that sensitive?

Guest NathanP
4 minutes ago, ADCS*VFA said:

Uhhhhhhh Ohhhhhhh.  My advancement/selection board stuff on BOL has disappeared.

My ITC just checked his advancement/selection status and his stuff is still on BOL... Maybe it comes in waves.

Guest NathanP

Lulz. When I read that your stuff disappeared, I got right onto message traffic and used "LDO" as a word search. I did it earlier in the day and I got no hits on it, but when I just did it I had two new messages that just came in. Definitely not the results, though. It was the Marine Corps Officer promotion list.

Guest NathanP
Just now, ADCS*VFA said:

Anything in OIX yet?

Negative. I'm actually sitting right next to our message traffic (I work in Radio on a DDG) and I keep checking every 10 or 15 minutes for y'all. My ITC is down here as well fighting the good fight with me.

16 minutes ago, ADCS*VFA said:

Add this to my medical record for giving me mental problems and depression.

More like waiting outside for the doors to open.  Someone's gonna get trampled...

tenor.gif

Guest Sbreakall

How does it work on the active side as far as going to school? The reservists are all commissioned in October and have 12 months to attend LDO school. 

16 minutes ago, Sbreakall said:

How does it work on the active side as far as going to school? The reservists are all commissioned in October and have 12 months to attend LDO school. 

According to OPNAVINST 1420.1B, selectees are assigned a "Date of Rank" and "Active duty selectees for LDO (ensign) and CWO will be required to attend ODS in Newport, RI. Attendance will normally occur enroute to the first duty station and normally not later than the end of the FY of appointment/commission."

Also, must be a commissioned LDO/CWO in the U.S. Navy under the provisions of OPNAVINST 1420.1B to attend the LDO/CWO Academy.