FY-19 LDO/CWO Procurement Board

March 1st because that’s when my 4th son is due to be born, first time up for 612X and 618X... would be an epic day to find out results and make the list! I don’t expect to make it first try but I’ll be back till I do. Good luck to all!

Guest KingATC
1 hour ago, ADCS*VFA said:

Usually I am so excited for the weekend to come. I have never been this anxious for a weekend to end. #LDO/CWOMINDCONTROL

XgxOw.gif

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:06 PM, KingATC said:

That makes no sense, but ok.

The Information Dominance Community for the Reserves probably makes up for 60% of the entire force. I honestly believe the Intel community relies more on the reserves because it's members are more integrated within the 17 Intel Community components vice it's active duty counterparts. The number may be high but I think it shows how much Reserve Intel Officers are needed. 

7 hours ago, SailorOfAllTrade said:

The Information Dominance Community for the Reserves probably makes up for 60% of the entire force. I honestly believe the Intel community relies more on the reserves because it's members are more integrated within the 17 Intel Community components vice it's active duty counterparts. The number may be high but I think it shows how much Reserve Intel Officers are needed. 

Sounds to me like they need some sea time.  Haha.  Active duty folks could use great IC billets after sea duty.

Guest EM1(SS)
8 minutes ago, subguy10524 said:

Good evening all, I am currently an EMN1 about to cross my 10 year point. I am heavily considering a nuclear LDO package. What advice would you guys have? (Other than the obligatory attention to detail and looking for high level interviews with current LDOs)

I have seen the NAVADMINS that direct changes in the application. I haven’t started the application yet, just starting into my research phase of what needs to be done. And part of that is seeking advice and input from those who are currently doing the job. 

Thanks!

If you don't already have a mentor, that should be step one.  There's going to be a couple of Nuclear LDOs and NRRO LDOs at all the major sub and training facilities.  Make sure that your evals speak towards your leadership and technical skills.  Attend the LDO brief when it happens in your area, since you'll get some face time with many of the LDOs in your area, as well as some of the selectees and community managers.  The application process for us nukes got severely streamlined, so there isn't much advice to offer on that front, other than make sure that you look at the message that gets released in June to make sure that you're completing the application correctly.

Guest McMustang6330
7 hours ago, subguy10524 said:

Thanks for the reply. I am up in the PNW on a boomer so there should be a plethora of LDOs to talk to up here with PSNS being right here. 

I will keep my ear to the ground for th LDO brief. I would imagine it would be coming up soon as the timeline in the community briefs starts in April. 

Subguy hit it on the head; get a mentor, and do so immediately.  Second, go look at the precept and membership memo's for this years board.  While I wont go so far as to claim there is a "checklist", the criteria the board is looking for is very well defined (at least for 6330/7330) in those memo's. 

There is a hidden benefit to the road show, which most people don't take advantage of; sitting down with the community managers, and the LDO's/CWO's traveling with them.  Understand that they have extremely limited time, and will only sit down with the applicants from the area whose packages are 100% smooth, and recommended by the local Mustang community. They generally will not give appraisals, so do not ask.  However, the insight that Captain Friddle and CWO5 Allen provided to me when I was able to sit down with them was invaluable.  Your mentor will be the best avenue to set up an interview, if you are ready.

As for results, I water boarded those I know close to the process, and they relinquished no information about when they will be out.  If I see the message hit C2OIX, I will let you all know.

Guest KingATC
1 minute ago, SailorOfAllTrade said:

I feel like my blood pressure is at all time high. I can't sleep, I can't eat, I can't focus, I got morning sickness lol.

Man, I think everyone is feeling the same way. I dont think they are going to be released today. Not on a Monday in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, KingATC said:

Man, I think everyone is feeling the same way. I dont think they are going to be released today. Not on a Monday in my opinion.

I think it's important to note, for those relying on message traffic, the results will post in the applicant's BOL Advancement page before the message is released for public consumption.

1 minute ago, SailorOfAllTrade said:

How soon after it post to BOL will the NAVADMIN come out. I am asking for a friend lol.

In my previous two applications, the day after.  Hope that helps your friend.  haha

Guest Sbreakall
20 minutes ago, SailorOfAllTrade said:

How soon after it post to BOL will the NAVADMIN come out. I am asking for a friend lol.

The question we've all been asking. I looked up last years results and it's hard to tell times, but it will happen on the same day.

People got results on the same day the NAVADMIN was released, as the NAVADMIN had a DTG of the same day. I've been watching recent NAVADMINS and the ones with DTG earlier than 1500 EST or so are being posted within 1.5-2 hours. After 1500 EST are posted to the website the following morning around 0800 EST

Guest OSC_FISH!
4 minutes ago, Mustang6235 said:

The NAVADMIN the last three years became public at 1100 CST. 

Can someone post here if it comes out first? I’m operating solely off my phone right now... :/

Personally, I want to wish all you all the best of luck. Many of us have our own reasons why we are ready for the next chapter in our careers. I am hopeful that if selected that this journey will continue for some years to go and look forward to doing it with my fellow mustangs.

Feels awfully quiet today, as far as usual activity.  In previous years, people usually saw their package status disappear from BOL.  I haven't seen it myself or heard anyone else mention it today.  Results have been released as late as 1500 CST, so maybe we'll see something soon.

1 minute ago, GMFCC said:

I still think Thurday. We are playing the "hey, did you hear? They're out!" game over here to just mess with each other. Because of being on this forum I haven't been gullible enough to be gotten... yet.

My money is on 2/28 with the NAVADMIN 048/18 and 049/18 any takers?