FY-19 LDO/CWO Procurement Board

Guest Mustang6235

Soon after commissioning, you’ll attend “MustangU” enroute to your next command. 

The dates of commission will range from 1OCT2018 to 30SEP2019. 

Just now, YNC(SS)to6410 said:

For the most part:  You commission and a few days later your are in RI for school.  There are some exceptions based on different designators.  I remember in my class there were some Intel guys who had been commissioned for a while, attended other schools, then went to RI for Mustang U.

Do they still do the swim qual or did they stop that?

Guest atypicalET

I am not one to smash the F5 key myself, as I sincerely believe the triad will inform me before I have any hope of knowing via BOL. However, I do check it every couple of hours just to see if it disappears. I just logged in and nothing popped up, hit the F5, the page came up scrambled, hit F5 and got the "page not available" message. Just a grown man about to lose his ever loving mind for about 3 seconds until one of my guys called to tell me we were taking SHF hits. Normality restored, heart rate back to normal, palms drying up, not looking at BOL again for the rest of the day.

Guest atypicalET

I am reminded of numerous times in my career where I flipped a switch or hit a button out of pure curiosity. Why not! Right?

Then all hell breaks loose and you search your pathetic brain for a way out but come up with nothing but weak excuses and no solutions for a few seconds before the problem resolves itself. Then you vow never to do it again as you scan your surrounding for any one that may have seen you.

Guest Mustang6235
53 minutes ago, atypicalET said:

I am not one to smash the F5 key myself, as I sincerely believe the triad will inform me before I have any hope of knowing via BOL. However, I do check it every couple of hours just to see if it disappears. I just logged in and nothing popped up, hit the F5, the page came up scrambled, hit F5 and got the "page not available" message. Just a grown man about to lose his ever loving mind for about 3 seconds until one of my guys called to tell me we were taking SHF hits. Normality restored, heart rate back to normal, palms drying up, not looking at BOL again for the rest of the day.

This is not a triad release board. You will be telling them you picked up....unless they beat you to the NAVADMIN. 

Guest atypicalET
12 minutes ago, Mustang6235 said:

This is not a triad release board. You will be telling them you picked up....unless they beat you to the NAVADMIN. 

It isn't a BOL triad release board, I understand, but for the past three years I have watched my brothers get snatched into the CO's cabin and the wardroom to have their CWO dreams fulfilled before their BOLs updated.

Message traffic, at least in my experience, beats my unwillingness to sit in front of my computer all day.

EDIT: re-read my post and see the contradiction. Maybe not before their BOL updated, but before they noticed their BOL updated.

Guest KingATC
21 minutes ago, SailorOfAllTrade said:

This is my 1st year applying and I went back and looked at previous year threads. It seems we have low turnout this year for FY-19.

I agree

Guest Mustang6235
1 minute ago, atypicalET said:

It isn't a BOL triad release board, I understand, but for the past three years I have watched my brothers get snatched into the CO's cabin and the wardroom to have their CWO dreams fulfilled before their BOLs updated.

Message traffic, at least in my experience, beats my unwillingness to sit in front of my computer all day.

I see what you’re saying. I agree, I think the NAVADMIN beats BOL

I purposely took my final class so it can distract me from thinking about these results. It's not working.....I feel like a addict. I literally had a dream about this last night.

15 minutes ago, GMFCC said:

I had surgery today and when I woke up the first thing I did was look for results... and disappointment ensued yet again

I had surgery and the first thing I did when I woke up was go back to sleep.

1 minute ago, GMFCC said:

Lol, I wish I could. I can’t get comfy in the hospital 

ACL reconstruction. I was so out of it, I had no idea where I was. I had to use the bathroom and I was SO THIRSTY. But I still went back to sleep.

3 minutes ago, OSC_M said:

Figured out what I’m giving up for Lent... HOPE!! 

I gave up giving up! MOTIVATED MOTIVATED DOWN RIGHT DEDICATED!

Who am I kidding? Waiting sucks.

• Ha Ha 1

Guest STSC-CWO
53 minutes ago, ET1EXWIWSW said:

ACL reconstruction. I was so out of it, I had no idea where I was. I had to use the bathroom and I was SO THIRSTY. But I still went back to sleep.

ACL reconstruction sucks. I had that in ‘16.