FY-19 LDO/CWO Procurement Board

Guest atypicalET
1 minute ago, Jast25 said:

that's last years. not cool

I got to the 718 and saw last years names, but it still crushed me a little bit off the bat... so goal accomplished GRINCH... thank you

Guest Sbreakall
1 minute ago, KingATC said:

That is so wrong on every level. I read in the guidelines that posting false results can result in being banned.

They're not technically false... only the subject line and dtg were false. Lol. But I wouldn't stop anyone from reporting him/her...

1 minute ago, KingATC said:

That is so wrong on every level. I read in the guidelines that posting false results can result in being banned.

He's already banned. The little kid signed out after he did his baby thing. Read his original post. ;)

Guest Tarheel PR
2 minutes ago, Tony said:

He's already banned. The little kid signed out after he did his baby thing. Read his original post. ;)

Thx tony

13 minutes ago, Grinch said:

UNCLASSIFIED

ROUTINE

R 281747Z FEB 18

FM Grinch

TO NAVADMIN

INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC

BT

UNCLAS

Sorry, I pooped my pants and got banned by Tony. Let me go change, I'll be right back. After I did my childish act, I signed out to show my immaturity!

0e0ecc0bd865d1f6cf94a90e78fd73a4.jpg

Thank you Grinch. I have your IP adresses too. You probably do not know what that means but thanks again.

Guest Rwar007

Second application for reserve 649x

I noticed when the board concluded my CCA didn’t show a pending board anymore and makes sense with them waiting to publish board membership when the board is complete. My selection board section still shows a non select for FY-18 CPO Board. Nothing on C2OIX either.....I’m dying here

Guest Sbreakall
1 minute ago, Rwar007 said:

Second application for reserve 649x

I noticed when the board concluded my CCA didn’t show a pending board anymore and makes sense with them waiting to publish board membership when the board is complete. My selection board section still shows a non select for FY-18 CPO Board. Nothing on C2OIX either.....I’m dying here

My first time applying for reserve 649X. I noticed last 4 years they didn't fill quotas. In that situation, do you get any feedback from anyone on why they'd rather have no one than the applicants? I'm half expecting the same result for me this year. I also applied for 626X, also unfilled quota 4 years in a row. 

Guest Rwar007

Yeah I was very upset last year when they filled only half the quotas. I hope this year the at least fill them all as the community constantly moans about need for bodies. I just tried to improve my package by doing the PME for Officers via Naval War College and the Unit OIC/NOSC CO course developed by CNRFC. Also I don’t particularly get a good feeling with only two community members on the board....one is a recorder so needless to say I feel my chances are still slim.

Guest McMustang6330
6 minutes ago, Sbreakall said:

My first time applying for reserve 649X. I noticed last 4 years they didn't fill quotas. In that situation, do you get any feedback from anyone on why they'd rather have no one than the applicants? I'm half expecting the same result for me this year. I also applied for 626X, also unfilled quota 4 years in a row. 

No one from the board will give you direct feedback on why you weren't selected.  It can be somewhat frustrating to have to read between the lines, but it means that they didn't feel that enough candidates met the "best and fully qualified" checks according to discrete requirements, and those outlined in the precepts.  If you don't get selected, review those two documents and carefully compare them to your package, and you should see what you need to work on.  This is assuming you don't have a mentor to discuss this with, and receive some guidance and direction.

Guest Sbreakall
Just now, McMustang6330 said:

No one from the board will give you direct feedback on why you weren't selected.  In can be somewhat frustrating to have to read between the lines, but it means that they didn't feel that enough candidates met the "best and fully qualified" checks according to discrete requirements, and those outlined in the precepts.  If you don't get selected, review those two documents and carefully compare them to your package, and you should see what you need to work on.  This is assuming you don't have a mentor to discuss this with, and receive some guidance and direction.

It's just so different on the reserve side because the precepts mention civilian experience counting, but no guideline on what and how that experience counts. For example, 649X says that civilian law enforcement experience can be used to supplement navy experience, particularly at the sergeant level. There's no way for the board to know the difference between someone who works as a sergeant at a small PD and someone  who works at a large PD and has Law Enforcement Supervisory experience.

Guest Mustang6235

I was one that had to swallow the pill of having the board chose a vacancy over me. It was tough. But once I regrouped and reached out for help, I realized my package was awful. Literally, I wouldn’t have picked me either. 

I fixed that that the next year and selected as a 1of 1. 

So don’t give up. 

I heard that if your CCA doesn't show your record is being reviewed by whatever board you applied for, all the way until that board adjourns, that you didn't make it.  Does anybody know that to be true or is that a myth?

Hey everyone. I am also a Reservist and my package disappeared from my BOL back in December. It was there as an "A" but then it disappeared. Am I still good? I would hate to see that I wasn't selected because my package fell through the cracks.

Guest Sbreakall
11 minutes ago, Mustang6235 said:

I was one that had to swallow the pill of having the board chose a vacancy over me. It was tough. But once I regrouped and reached out for help, I realized my package was awful. Literally, I wouldn’t have picked me either. 

I fixed that that the next year and selected as a 1of 1. 

So don’t give up. 

I had an active duty O5 649X tell my CO I had no business applying after looking at my packet (minus civilian stuff), and a W5 649X tell me that I was a great candidate with a strong package. So I have no expectations at all. Haha

Guest Sbreakall
1 minute ago, JSB said:

Hey everyone. I am also a Reservist and my package disappeared from my BOL back in December. It was there as an "A" but then it disappeared. Am I still good? I would hate to see that I wasn't selected because my package fell through the cracks.

My packet was never in BOL, unless it appeared in December cause I never looked during that month. I was assured by PERS that this is normal for reservists. 

Guest McMustang6330
16 minutes ago, Sbreakall said:

It's just so different on the reserve side because the precepts mention civilian experience counting, but no guideline on what and how that experience counts. For example, 649X says that civilian law enforcement experience can be used to supplement navy experience, particularly at the sergeant level. There's no way for the board to know the difference between someone who works as a sergeant at a small PD and someone  who works at a large PD and has Law Enforcement Supervisory experience.

Admittedly, im relatively ignorant to the reserve side of things.  Surely, there is a way to break out your civilian experience and if you are leading/working in a large PD (in this example), you can highlight that somewhere.  Either in block 28, your writeup, or your CO's endorsement.  I have been wrong before though, so it wouldn't surprise me if its difficult to accomplish that.

Guest Mustang6235

The 6495 billet is tough for a non-MA. Trust me, I was a MM reservist and a civilian state trooper. That was one reason I didn’t select in 2015, I tried to make myself sound good for two things vice great for one. 

You have some good competition for the 626 spot. I think the quota was two this year. 

Guest Sbreakall
Just now, Mustang6235 said:

The 6495 billet is tough for a non-MA. Trust me, I was a MM reservist and a civilian state trooper. That was one reason I didn’t select in 2015, I tried to make myself sound good for two things vice great for one. 

You have some good competition for the 626 spot. I think the quota was two this year. 

Yes, the quota was 2 this year. In the 4 previous years it was 1, and it was never filled.

If you dont mind me asking, what was your relative LE experience when you applied? I have been LE for 12 years; worked patrol, gangs, investigations, homicide, and now patrol sergeant. I was FP/AT Training Team on the navy side for my entire career, but secondary as my rate is GM and i was primarily an armorer on active duty. 

Guest Mustang6235
2 minutes ago, Sbreakall said:

Yes, the quota was 2 this year. In the 4 previous years it was 1, and it was never filled.

If you dont mind me asking, what was your relative LE experience when you applied? I have been LE for 12 years; worked patrol, gangs, investigations, homicide, and now patrol sergeant. I was FP/AT Training Team on the navy side for my entire career, but secondary as my rate is GM and i was primarily an armorer on active duty. 

7 years law enforcement when I tried that route. Being a trooper, it’s traffic/dwi/crash investigation centered.