FY-19 LDO/CWO Procurement Board

Guest McMustang6330

Perhaps the only thing that comes close to the feeling of getting the "S" personally, is seeing two of your Mentee's on the list and getting phone calls from them.  For those that got selected, keep this in mind.  Find and train your replacements, you will not be in the Navy forever.  Those that didn't get selected, find a mentor, and don't quit!

Hey all. Congratulations to all who made it. I submitted for both Reserve Admin and Security because I am law enforcement in the outside. I wanted security so that I could use the training in both the Navy and my civilian  career in tandem. However, I got selected for Admin. I am still very happy.  All those who didn't make it, keep moving forward and keep making yourself better. Any Admin hopefuls who didn't make it, PM me if you want and I will help as much as you need.

Guest Sbreakall
1 hour ago, LDO_Hopeful88 said:

Thank you, Intel and everyone else for your congrats!!!

For any 649X candidate wanting help for next year, feel free to PM me. I picked it up on the Reserve side, but my brother got it on the Active side and I'll try to help either component.

I also picked up on reserve side, and as the discussion has shown over the last week or so it's a different beast then active duty. Hit either of us up for advice or questions. 

Guest Sbreakall
1 minute ago, JSB said:

Hey all. Congratulations to all who made it. I submitted for both Reserve Admin and Security because I am law enforcement in the outside. I wanted security so that I could use the training in both the Navy and my civilian  career in tandem. However, I got selected for Admin. I am still very happy.  All those who didn't make it, keep moving forward and keep making yourself better. Any Admin hopefuls who didn't make it, PM me if you want and I will help as much as you need.

I've got someone who is applying for reserve admin and security this year. I'm sure your advice would be invaluable to him. 

1 minute ago, Sbreakall said:

I've got someone who is applying for reserve admin and security this year. I'm sure your advice would be invaluable to him. 

Perfect. PM me so we can talk.

Guest Sbreakall

We aren't getting pranked again right? Haven't had time to check BOL and the NAVADMIN still hasnt posted online... 

Guest Riverineg

I just want to say I am truly humbled and blessed to be selected as a 649X. This was my second attempt and all I can say is keep pushing yourself. You alone know your own potential. Set the mark high and don't stop until you accomplish your goal. Surround yourself with good mentors and those who support you and call you out when you are wrong. It will only make you stronger in the end. Congratulations to all those selected and for all those who did not, this is just the end of another chapter. Your story is still being written.  

1 minute ago, Sbreakall said:

We aren't getting pranked again right? Haven't had time to check BOL and the NAVADMIN still hasnt posted online... 

No prank BBb)

Guest McMustang6330
56 minutes ago, PeterA said:

How will you know if you’re an alternate?

Unless they change procedures this year, normally you wont know.  The alternates that I know, that are now commissioned, got a phone call completely out of the blue without having any knowledge that they were on the standby list.

Guest PeterA
4 minutes ago, McMustang6330 said:

Unless they change procedures this year, normally you wont know.  The alternates that I know, that are now commissioned, got a phone call completely out of the blue without having any knowledge that they were on the standby list.

So what you’re saying is that there’s still a chance....!!!

16 minutes ago, PeterA said:

As per what @McMustang6330 described, I'm aware that almost every year someone gets surprised.

Guest McMustang6330
15 minutes ago, Tony said:

As per what @McMustang6330 described, I'm aware that almost every year someone gets surprised.

32 minutes ago, PeterA said:

Sure, there is always a chance.  The alternate list exists, but I have never seen nor heard of it being published.  There are typically a couple scenarios which could cause this.  1) Every year there are people who are selected that turn down their commission.  I know, you're sitting there thinking that there is no way you would turn it down if you were selected, but life circumstances change, and people's goals and career intentions change along with them.  2) Every year, there are people who are waiting to be commissioned that get into trouble, or whose actions convince their commanding officer that they are no longer fit to be an officer, and their commission is taken away.

Regardless of what the circumstances are behind there being an open billet, and an alternate being called up, it definitely happens (typically just before the convening of the following years board, in January).  For you specifically, it would mean that something happened regarding one of the people selected for the designator which you applied (which might not happen) and they had you selected as an alternate (which might not have happened).  Ultimately, I wouldn't count on it, but like I said, there is always a chance.

Guest Sbreakall

I know this is dumb... but since I have no BOL access for a while, I'm stressing about the NAVADMIN not being posted online yet... I want to see it for myself...

1 minute ago, Tony said:

The results? They are posted here. Go to the enlisted to officer programs for both reserve and AD

12 minutes ago, Sbreakall said:

I know this is dumb... but since I have no BOL access for a while, I'm stressing about the NAVADMIN not being posted online yet... I want to see it for myself...

Just posted on NPC. Click all messages 

Guest Sbreakall
Just now, 649_Hopeful said:

Just posted on NPC. Click all messages 

Haha I reverse jinxed myself and it worked! Thanks.

Good luck to everyone who did not make it this year. Reach out to anyone and everyone. I talked to so many people, got good advice, got bad advice (I was told I have no business applying)... never stop trying if this is what you want in your career. Ask people who have made it to scrub your package, REALLY scrub it. Don't let them be nice. Take constructive criticism, take unconstructive criticism! Make yourself better every day, and make sure your package reflects it.

Guest FireNozzle
11 hours ago, Tony said:

Hang in there! 

So I was selected, but I’m waiting for my security clearance to be adjudicated. Should be two to three weeks tops from don caf. This forum is great and I will keep you updated! Congrats to everyone else that made it!