FY17 Chief Selection Board

4 minutes ago, HawkISback said:

****************WARNO*******************

My command said they have Intel suggesting a release tomorrow.

I questioned them as to no warning msg from all hands.  But they seemed to believe it.  They are a small mess and not prone to mess with me. However, I'm taking it with a grain of salt. Any others hearing this?

Interesting about the countdown then... -> http://www.navyadvancement.com/navy-advancement/countdown.php

Guest navyordie123
32 minutes ago, HawkISback said:

I questioned them as to no warning msg from all hands.  But they seemed to believe it.  They are a small mess and not prone to mess with me. However, I'm taking it with a grain of salt. Any others hearing this?

By release, you mean results timeline release or results release? I guess we will see tomorrow as I'm sure everyone would love to go ahead and get it out of the way but i am still going with the 3rd. If you are talking about results release then it's weird that they wouldn't put out the timeline of release.

Guest navyordie123

By release, you mean results timeline release or results release? I guess we will see tomorrow as I'm sure everyone would love to go ahead and get it out of the way but i am still going with the 3rd. If you are talking about results release then it's weird that they wouldn't put out the timeline of release.

Guest 343SBE
3 hours ago, NukeET1FCFL said:

Been awhile since I've been back on the board. This is my last year I retire officially December 31st. I have a 95 days until my house hunting in terminal leave starts I have been actively searching for jobs expecting that I'm not going to get selected as I've not been selected the past 13 years however I know there's a possibility and since there is possibilities I figured I'd say hello to all my friends on this board one last time and see if anybody knew or had heard when the Triad notifications were going to be released yet my personal guess after many years of following this program would be either by Friday of this week or Monday of next week. Thoughts and comments please hopefully this isn't old debate.

Good luck, sometimes when people are on their last look that is when they are selected, I've seen articles on this subject.  I don't necessarily agree with that happening due to the fact that some people at that point and time are already looking at life outside the Navy.  There's a rumor going on around the area about results releasing on Friday as well.  Take it for what is worth.

Yeahhhhhhh baby, let the rumors begin.  I hadn't heard this or anything, now that i'm on leave but I don't mind it.

Guest PintsNCleats
46 minutes ago, HawkISback said:

I wouldn't totally dismiss this theory.  They could even post today that Triad will be released results tomorrow. 

Guest HawkISback
17 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

Release to triad. 

Guest HawkISback
19 minutes ago, Riverine Rat said:

Where do they post the message of the release date?

All hands or other social media

Guest NukeET1FCFL

Back to the topic of dates after further review I am going with Monday Triad notification. That provides for a 45 day(ish) Phase II. Assuming pinning on the 15th of Sept. When did the board complete their deliberations this year???

Guest HawkISback
2 minutes ago, NukeET1FCFL said:

Back to the topic of dates after further review I am going with Monday Triad notification. That provides for a 45 day(ish) Phase II. Assuming pinning on the 15th of Sept. When did the board complete their deliberations this year???

Unknown it was supposed to be the 20 July. 

Guest sk32004toLSC
5 minutes ago, HawkISback said:

Unknown it was supposed to be the 20 July. 

Unless it ran over the NAVADMIN has it over on 15 July

Guest StrikeChief1332
4 hours ago, CS_UNO said:

I haven't been at my command a year yet and I've been thinking if I do get selected, I don't know who I would want to be my sponsor. I know some commands assign a sponsor but I would like to have someone I know on a level other than just being assigned a sponsor but there is no one I can think of that I could ask. 

Thoughts? Have you all thought about who you would ask to be your sponsor if you do get selected? 

First time poster, long-time lurker here. 

I was in your situation when I got selected (4 months onboard).  I requested a sponsor from inside my department, but was assigned a sponsor from a different department.  In the end, it was a good call on the part of the Mess because I got exposure to another CPO's world and branched out. 

Guest FCC_Thawk
3 minutes ago, StrikeChief1332 said:

First time poster, long-time lurker here. 

I was in your situation when I got selected (4 months onboard).  I requested a sponsor from inside my department, but was assigned a sponsor from a different department.  In the end, it was a good call on the part of the Mess because I got exposure to another CPO's world and branched out. 

Sending you a PM.

Guest OrdieDevilDolphin
Just now, Tony said:

gosh darn it , I think I deleted the wrong post - sorry please repost.

I have no idea why my post, posted 3 times, apologies.

Guest Boats_Petey

I'm checking with a trusted source. I've heard little birdies tweeting rumors all morning. I will update as I get info. I doubt this week though. But anything is possible.  

Guest USNAO1AWSW
4 minutes ago, CTN(IW/SW) said:

Something definitely seems to be in the wind today...

Yeah, hopefully some news blows in today

2 minutes ago, OrdieDevilDolphin said:

I have no idea why my post, posted 3 times, apologies.

don't worry about it. It's this software + internet connection issues with slower connections. I was trying to delete the extra post and somehow deleted someone else's post. 

Thanks though...

Just now, USNAO1AWSW said:

Yeah, hopefully some news blows in today

yeah at noon the visit count went up (64+), assuming people were looking for a message release, so I expect the count to go up again at 1500.