FY17 Chief Selection Board

Guest OldSalt
6 minutes ago, OS1/CCC said:

sorry for the double post. that was weird. lol

It happens from time to time. First few times it happened to me I started making jokes about there being an echo in the forum. :P

Guest AGatSEA

Thanks for accepting me Tony! 7th time up and have reregistered on here at least 5 different times under various names each year. Here's to all of us hopefuls!

Not to stir the pot or anything but does anyone else see the weird little symbol next to where the navadmin will be posted on the NPC site?

Guest AGatSEA
2 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

Nope I don't see any symbol 

Hmm, must just be a problem with Stoneage explorer on the ship.

Guest NC1SW
16 minutes ago, AGatSEA said:

Not to stir the pot or anything but does anyone else see the weird little symbol next to where the navadmin will be posted on the NPC site?

The dot is just more bold on my screen, but no weird symbols here.

Guest AGatSEA
6 minutes ago, Tony said:

can you copy and paste the weird symbols?

•                     

There it is.I got a message that i have pasted something with formatting and to click to remove it which I didn't. I could screen capture what I see and post it if that is allowed.

Just now, AGatSEA said:
  •                     

There it is.I got a message that i have pasted something with formatting and to click to remove it which I didn't.

yeah, strange

Guest AGatSEA
1 minute ago, Tony said:

yeah, strange

Just tried on firefox and it's not there so it must be something with whatever version of IE we have. Probably nothing...:rolleyes:

Guest ITC(IW/SW/AW)
2 minutes ago, AGatSEA said:

Just tried on firefox and it's not there so it must be something with whatever version of IE we have. Probably nothing...:rolleyes:

What Operating System do you have onboard your ship? If it's Windows XP like here on the GHWB, then you have IE 8. If so, you are much better off using FireFox whenever possible.

Guest AGatSEA
5 minutes ago, ITC(IW/SW/AW) said:

What Operating System do you have onboard your ship? If it's Windows XP like here on the GHWB, then you have IE 8. If so, you are much better off using FireFox whenever possible.

Windows 7 Pro. I try to use firefox whenever possible but for certain CAC enabled sites like NSIPS, it doesn't seem to try and fetch my certificates.

Anywho, here is a capture of what it looks like here. It just stood out because it kind of looks like a ribbon for your uniform.:D

NPC.PNG

Guest ITC(IW/SW/AW)
Just now, AGatSEA said:

Windows 7 Pro. I try to use firefox whenever possible but for certain CAC enabled sites like NSIPS, it doesn't seem to try and fetch my certificates.

Ah, so you must not be on a COMPOSE 3.0.1 network then. Yeah, Big Navy is still trying to work out the issues of using CAC with FireFox. We can only hope that it will be sooner rather than later so we can completely ditch IE. Being on a COMPOSE 3.0.1 network with XP and IE 8 is the worst thing because neither are supported anymore. We can't even access the new version of PRIMS for crying out loud! :blink:

10 minutes ago, AGatSEA said:

Anywho, here is a capture of what it looks like here. It just stood out because it kind of looks like a ribbon for your uniform.:D

NPC.PNG

lol, ok. It appears to be some characters (sometimes this happens with a different type font) that explorer does not recognize. So firefox may simply disregard and explorer displays the "ribbon on a uniform" which may be the blank characters.

Guest Jackson2019

So my assessment has the results coming out on the 26th or the 29th.  But I still feel the results are coming on the 3rd of August.

Guest Jackson2019
Just now, Jackson2019 said:

So my assessment has the results coming out on the 26th or the 29th.  But I still feel the results are coming on the 3rd of August.

I mean the 27th not the 26th.  

Guest OldSalt

Well it could be that mass flow rate of the magic smoke coupled with a sudden back pressure in the electrical piping caused a fluctuation in the lubricating oil system for the monitor. This of course would result in the electrons being clogged in the resolution filters and cross threading of the pixels. Or, its the Firefox..... Windows thingy. :D

Guest NC1SW
4 minutes ago, Jackson2019 said:

I agree with this.  The July stuff.

14 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

I went ahead and figured out some statistics for you folks. Enjoy!

Previous active duty Chief Petty Officer result release dates: 
FY-2001, NAVADMIN 198/00 — 08/04/00 — Tuesday 
FY-2002, NAVADMIN 197/01 — 08/03/01 — Friday 
FY-2003, NAVADMIN 238/02 — 08/02/02 — Friday 
FY-2004, NAVADMIN 218/03 — 08/06/03 — Wednesday 
FY-2005, NAVADMIN 173/04 — 07/28/04 — Wednesday 
FY-2006, NAVADMIN 183/05 — 07/28/05 — Thursday 
FY-2007, NAVADMIN 221/06 — 08/04/06 — Friday 
FY-2008, NAVADMIN 196/07 — 08/08/07 — Wednesday 
FY-2009, NAVADMIN 213/08 — 08/01/08 — Friday 
FY-2010, NAVADMIN 230/09 — 07/31/09 — Friday 
FY-2011, NAVADMIN 269/10 — 08/11/10 — Wednesday 
FY-2012, NAVADMIN 233/11 — 08/01/11 — Monday 
FY-2013, NAVADMIN 232/12 — 07/31/12 — Tuesday 
FY-2014, NAVADMIN 193/13 — 08/01/13 — Thursday 
FY-2015, NAVADMIN 178/14 — 08/05/14 — Tuesday** 
FY-2016, NAVADMIN 184/15 — 08/06/15 — Wednesday** 

Release within the last 4 days of Jul: 25%
Release within the first 6 days of Aug: 62.5%
Release after the 7 days of Aug: 12.5%

Release on a Monday: 0.06%
Release on a Tuesday: 18%
Release on a Wednesday: 31%
Release on a Thursday: 12%
Release on a Friday: 31%

Appreciate you taking the time to post this!

Guest OldSalt
1 minute ago, Tony said:

I agree with @OneLastDance and I don't even know what he said!

That is how I felt about the stuff being said about the weird character AGatSea was telling us about!

Guest OldSalt
28 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

I went ahead and figured out some statistics for you folks. Enjoy!

Wow! Well done. Thanks for putting the time and effort into that. What are the two symbols after the last two dates for?

Guest navyordie123
14 minutes ago, CTN(IW/SW) said:

My birthday is on the 26th.  So that would be entertaining...

What a great birthday gift that would be if you made it.