FY17 Chief Selection Board

Guest navyordie123
10 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

Getting ready for that busy week before the release?!

Gotta beef it up cause it's about to get crazy in here

Guest navyordie123
5 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

Haha you know it! That is my favorite time on this thing. Its when I see that I'm not the only one who is crazy and obsessed about the release

You too, oh man I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one! Hahaha!! Up to 70 pages and still 2 weeks away from results!

Guest navyordie123
11 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

Oh yeah we are DEFINITELY breaking 100. I'm thinking you were right with it being closer to 120

I'm kinda excited to see what we are going to end with. Hopefully the last few pages of this forum will be everyone saying they got the S!!

Guest navyordie123
Just now, DeepSea5342 said:

Lawd have mercy those are going to be some good comments. Even if I got the "N" I like seeing the excitement of those who got the "S". 

Same here, it's always good to see that our brothers and sisters succeed.

Guest navyordie123
2 minutes ago, Ssmonte06 said:

So I have been thinking and this might have been brought up in the 69 pages, what do you guys think about the year groups, when people say "what year group are you" is that a big factor anymore 

Never thought it was a factor, why would your year group affect your chance?

Guest Riverine Rat

Can't sleep. Find myself thinking about results coming out so soon. I just pcs to my new command two months ago and still getting to know everyone which is hard to do since I'm on recruiting duty. Having converted from and AO to NC it's going to be interesting going through phase 2 if I am fortunate enough to be selected this year. all the knowledge that I have at my new command, I know I can learn a lot as I have much to learn. 

Guest Riverine Rat

I am also hopeful I get selected this year as I come from a Navy family, I would like my grandfather (TMC retired) and father (CWO2 retired) to pin my anchors. Talk about carrying on naval tradition (which I am a sucker for) how awesome would that be. I know my grandfather and father it would mean so much to them to be apart of a huge milestone in my career seeing how both have been here themselves.

Guest navyordie123
6 minutes ago, Riverine Rat said:

Can't sleep. Find myself thinking about results coming out so soon. I just pcs to my new command two months ago and still getting to know everyone which is hard to do since I'm on recruiting duty. Having converted from and AO to NC it's going to be interesting going through phase 2 if I am fortunate enough to be selected this year. all the knowledge that I have at my new command, I know I can learn a lot as I have much to learn. 

Choice or force conversion??

Guest Riverine Rat
3 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

Choice. I heard they had cookies and couldn't resist.

Guest Riverine Rat
9 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

No but all honesty after decoming Riverine Squadron Two before the corivron movement. Going back to the fleet just didn't have what I was use to in that small community. Our Rate had lost the brotherhood I had at Ron 2. I went through a tough two years and had lost myself and purpose. If it wasn't for my family and junior sailors who I would never abandon no matter how far I had fallen in self pity there is no telling where I would be. I can say I have always enjoyed helping others and recruiting gives me that chance to help people. 

Guest navyordie123
48 minutes ago, Riverine Rat said:

No but all honesty after decoming Riverine Squadron Two before the corivron movement. Going back to the fleet just didn't have what I was use to in that small community. Our Rate had lost the brotherhood I had at Ron 2. I went through a tough two years and had lost myself and purpose. If it wasn't for my family and junior sailors who I would never abandon no matter how far I had fallen in self pity there is no telling where I would be. I can say I have always enjoyed helping others and recruiting gives me that chance to help people. 

I understand that, things happen and you have to make choices that are the best for you and what you want and need. Good for you brother. Good luck on getting that S!!

Guest Riverine Rat
2 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

I understand that, things happen and you have to make choices that are the best for you and what you want and need. Good for you brother. Good luck on getting that S!!

Thank you and yes family was a big factor in my choice. Without my faith and family, I am nothing. One thing my grandfather and father told me was "No mater how much you put into the navy, always put more into family. We all have to leave the navy at some point and who will be waiting on the pier when you ship finally pulls in?"

Guest Riverine Rat
9 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

And good luck to you as well. I hope you get the S this year. I know it is a struggle in the AO rate to make sure you have checked all the blocks when we have so many platforms to work on. I hope to see your name as one of the ones selected. Keep your head up and motivation. You are helping so many of our brothers on here with you wisdom and questions you bring up that make us all think. 

Guest AWFChief
6 hours ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

I wanted to share some good news with everyone since we are all kind of an extended family here. My Command nominated me to go and be a mentor for the USS CONSTITUTION this year during Phase II and I was called today and told I was selected. Great honor and I am really hoping to run into some of you there. Moral of the story is that working hard, adding value to Sailors, and the genuine desire to lead pays off when we least expect it to. It is once again a humbling reminder of how fortunate I am and how much the Navy and most importantly Sailors have given to me.

Congratulations!  It will definitely be a rewarding experience for you and the selects.

Guest OrdieDevilDolphin
1 hour ago, Riverine Rat said:

My AO2 is actually converting to NC

Guest navyordie123
33 minutes ago, Riverine Rat said:

And good luck to you as well. I hope you get the S this year. I know it is a struggle in the AO rate to make sure you have checked all the blocks when we have so many platforms to work on. I hope to see your name as one of the ones selected. Keep your head up and motivation. You are helping so many of our brothers on here with you wisdom and questions you bring up that make us all think. 

Thanks for that brother, it has been a struggle to make sure I do what's best for my juniors and then try to take care of myself but I've learned that they take care of me and all I have to do is lead them down the right path. And I hope to see yours as well. 

Guest Admin_warrior

It's interesting to look at the quotas this year compared to previous years in our prospective rates (PS for me). Sometimes you look at previous years and wonder man the numbers were higher that year wish I got an EP and took it early or wish I was up for it then. But if it is our time it is our time, hopefully we can see that S this year, 2 more weeks until August!

Guest OldSalt
13 hours ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

I wanted to share some good news with everyone since we are all kind of an extended family here. My Command nominated me to go and be a mentor for the USS CONSTITUTION this year during Phase II and I was called today and told I was selected. Great honor and I am really hoping to run into some of you there. Moral of the story is that working hard, adding value to Sailors, and the genuine desire to lead pays off when we least expect it to. It is once again a humbling reminder of how fortunate I am and how much the Navy and most importantly Sailors have given to me.

What an amazing honor! That is exciting and fantastic news! Everyone I have ever talk to that went have all said that it is a great and humbling experience for everyone involved. Seeing everything you have done for all on this forum I am happy to see that you were picked. A well deserved and earned opportunity. Congratulations!

Guest navyordie123
4 hours ago, Admin_warrior said:

It's interesting to look at the quotas this year compared to previous years in our prospective rates (PS for me). Sometimes you look at previous years and wonder man the numbers were higher that year wish I got an EP and took it early or wish I was up for it then. But if it is our time it is our time, hopefully we can see that S this year, 2 more weeks until August!

I completely agree with you and I know I am guilty of it. Sometimes we look at quotas and think we'll I'm not going to pick up this year, the quotas are too low or why did they drop so much.  When I saw the quotas for AOs this year my heart did sink a little bit and I realized that just like you said " if it's my year, then it's my year" but if not then continue to build that package up and pick myself up by my boot straps and get ready for next year.

Just now, NavySAR said:

Lol, indeed. I wondered if they'd post the schedule today, but it's already noon on the east..

In fact in reply to @navyordie123, I was going to ask everyone, what would you do if they posted the schedule today? You'd probably be on standby for some search and rescue...

Guest HawkISback
27 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

Like a warning order?! They should!!

Working with NSW they would drop WARNOs via outlook.  Funny looking back at it.