FY17 Chief Selection Board

Guest USNAO1AWSW
35 minutes ago, AICS said:

Of course everyone is pressing F5 on NAC, this page, and Twitter.:D

What time would you say would be a safe time to realize it's too late in the day and they won't be posting anything regarding the release dates?

Guest Riverine Rat

this is the hardest time of year for me. just like everyone I am waiting on any word on when results will be released. I am really hopeful that I will get the "S" this year so just waiting on the phone call to come into HQ for some reason just to find out I made it.

Guest 343SBE
5 hours ago, Donkey Racer said:

If you have the time, try writing yourself an award. When you get to the next level you will be writing awards a lot (or at least should be). If this is not your strong point, practice makes perfect. Your community should have an Awards Gouge or Go-By that is used frequently to keep the awards consistent and easy to review.

Good luck all!!

I've heard that saying a lot as kid growing up and I honestly believe that is a mental mindset.  Will we ever be perfect no, there will always be the I can tweak and peak this to improve my last result.  I always say, practice makes improvement.  Just my mindset to always strive to be better no matter how well I or anyone think I did.

Guest USNAO1AWSW
7 minutes ago, AICS said:

Those of us that are board eligible were just told we are conducting our mock PFA on Friday........... maybe this week???? fingers crossed 

That's odd, ive never heard of a mock PFA for SBE's. It would have made sense if it was earlier in the year to give you time to prepare yourself. If someone was to fail, one week isn't enough to be ready. Hmmmmm....<_<

Guest USNAO1AWSW
3 minutes ago, AICS said:

I believe the intent was to let us know that the PFA will be conducted once the results are out. There were a few SBEs that still needed to get an updated PHA prior to the start of the season. Basically they are anticipating a release this week.

Ok, got it. I would be amazed if they came out this week....however, I have seen stranger things happen.:ph34r:

Guest 343SBE

ways to keep busy #104539...drive cross country to see family prior to your PCS overseas...get greeted by said family at 2100 and then asked to lend a hand in the moving in process...go to sleep at 0300, wake up at 0800 to make it to the airport for a 1100 flight back...that'll keep your mind off things...

in other news...I hope something is said about the results tomorrow making the 27th a possibility for us....if not then there goes my guessing ability

Guest OrdieDevilDolphin

Well after looking at my OMPF for the...millionth time, I did notice my most recent NAM that was sent in with the LTB has been updated.

Guest HawkISback
21 minutes ago, OrdieDevilDolphin said:

Well after looking at my OMPF for the...millionth time, I did notice my most recent NAM that was sent in with the LTB has been updated.

I sent an NEC I earned right before convening. And of course it poped in my record. I was like ugh. 

Guest navyordie123
32 minutes ago, AGatSEA said:

CO's call with CPO mess in about an hour. Definitely feels like we're nearing the end of the waiting game.

The nervousness is getting high in here. Another day without knowing when results will be out. Hoping for sometime later this week. 

Guest Riverine Rat

Spending quality time with my family everyday anticipating the results. My wife and I just had twins so not getting much sleep between feedings and diaper changes all while spending time with our three girls and work. It helps to take my mind off of waiting but when I do go to work it's all I think about lol.

Guest 343SBE
2 hours ago, OrdieDevilDolphin said:

1 hour ago, HawkISback said:

I sent an NEC I earned right before convening. And of course it poped in my record. I was like ugh. 

Reasons why I felt that records were updated after the board even though it's said they're not.  Last day at my command and I am out.

Guest OrdieDevilDolphin
7 minutes ago, 343SBE said:

Reasons why I felt that records were updated after the board even though it's said they're not.  Last day at my command and I am out.

Yeah, it does say awards that are in NDAWS that are sent in do get updated.

Guest EM_UNO

**Rumor Alert** (**GQ Bells). A fellow brother informed me that he heard from a bird high up, that is migrating south, that its a good possibility, the results will be out by the end of this week (once it's done migrating, of course).....:P

Guest Admin_warrior
18 minutes ago, OrdieDevilDolphin said:

Yeah, it does say awards that are in NDAWS that are sent in do get updated.

Yep, if your award was updated in NDAWS then it will show up in NSIPS and then also in your PSR. That's if it was entered correctly by your NDAWS authority. Then it should be sent to PERS 313 for inclusion in your OMPF. This whole process takes 10 days to like 3 weeks for all the systems to  update with each other. I didn't get my End of tour until the end of June, it didn't show up in my OMPF and PSR until last week!

Guest CryptoSquid
33 minutes ago, 343SBE said:

I don't see any of this as an issue. submitting something in our record that isn't there at that due date is safe rather than hope, and if you wrote up your letter saying youre currently taking steps to correct, or something similar. I would imagine they are smart enough to put two and two together at the board and it wouldn't be looked at as negative.

Guest HawkISback
1 hour ago, 343SBE said:

Mine was by the school house, I just didn't want to irritate the board with redundant info.  

Guest AWFChief
23 hours ago, DeepSea5342 said:

@AWFChief and @CPO_Pride247: The asterisks were to show that on those days the Triad was notified first--they only started doing that again two years ago. All other days were when the NAVADMIN came out. 

Thanks for the the follow up.  That makes sense now that you said it, but for your tracker it should say "FY-2016, NAVADMIN 184/15 — 08/06/15 — Thursday**  since 08/06/15 is a Thursday not a Wednesday.  I like your tracker since it has statistics.

Guest Riverine Rat
52 minutes ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

Make sure your wife gets the support she needs while you are going thru Phase II. I had twins right before Phase II who were in the NICU fighting for their lives at 1 lbs each. Although this is an important milestone for you, if you leave her hanging she will resent the CPO Mess and the 6 week process. Don't forget that being a husband and father are way more important than being a Chief.

Copy that Chief, my boys have been home for about a month now after two weeks in the NICU they are doing great now. I hope all went well with your twins as the NICU really hits home when you are sitting looking at you kids through an incubator. I have been keeping my wife updated on what to expect if I get the selection plus we have family two hours away who have said they will come down and help if needed. Both my father and grandfather where Chiefs so my mother has said she would help her no questions asked. Her mother doesn't know much about Navy life but said she would be down as well. Think they are using it more as an excuse to see their grandbabies. 

Guest Riverine Rat
3 minutes ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

That is good you have a good support system and I am glad to hear that your boys are home and doing well. Don't forget that if you are selected there are people who have most likely been in your situation. With that being said, don't hesitate to reach out to me if you need any advice or just want to vent. I still remember putting my anchors on the incubators. It was a great moment I will never forget.

I will Chief and thank you. I will not hesitate to ask for help when needed. I have learned along time ago to let go of pride and sometimes you just need to ask for help. I know I don't know everything and don't pretend that I do (unless you ask my wife) a great leader know when to seek the advice of those who have done or been where he/she is going. I look forward to my next adventure and am proud my family will be with me for the ride. I'm hopeful this will be the year I am selected.