FY17 Chief Selection Board

Guest HMSFIDC

Didn't get a "s" this year, but still congratulations to all who made and best of luck during your transition into Chief Petty Officers!

Guest IT_wun(IW/SCW/SW/AW)

God is good... I finally joined this about a week ago after lurking around for about the last 2 cycles.

I got the coveted "S" today.  I'm so grateful as this was my second time up.

First let me start by saying this....for those that weren't selected this is NOT the time to give up or throw in the towel. I've been there and I know how it feels... Not too good...but you can either let life happen to you....or you can get up and make life happen for you!!  This is the time to GRIND!! Starting with preparation for the exam in January. Don't let your Sailors see you down. They feed off your energy and if they see you get back up after you fall, chances are they will do the same. Utilize the resources available. Big navy makes this easy, you have free access to all members who sat your rating panel. CONTACT them! No they can't tell you why you weren't selected but you can certainly ask for guidance and advice to help you remain competitive in your perspective rating. They truly want to help and are standing by to assist.  I did it and trust me it works.  They are just as eager to see you succeed as much as you want to succeed for yourself!

Congrats to all those who were selected!!! God bless and let's push through the next SIX weeks

Guest sk32004toLSC

I got the "S" today.  I would like to thank everyone on hear for all of the great knowledge that is shared amongst us.   

Guest Admin_warrior

So I got the N. My new CO called me, gave me some encouraging words, told me he sat in the board this year and we will do CDB and chat about what I was missing in my record. Told me to stay "hungry". I will but it hurts now. Congratulations to all my brothers and sisters who got the S!

Just now, Admin_warrior said:

So I got the N. My new CO called me, gave me some encouraging words, told me he sat in the board this year and we will do CDB and chat about what I was missing in my record. Told me to stay "hungry". I will but it hurts now. Congratulations on all my brothers and sisters who got the S!

Thanks for keeping us updated @Admin_warrior :)

Guest OldSalt

The band has played their final note. One Sailor slowly strolls off the dance floor as the last of the music echoes off the walls. Sadly he leaves never getting to wear the Anchors of a Chief.  Those that look upon him would never guess. This Sailor has just finished his OneLastDance. 

Congradulations to all those that made it. And, glad to hear the streak is finally broken.

To those that did not. It is okay to be angry, upset, sad, frustrated, and the list goes on. Take some time to process this moment and everything that comes with it. Just remember it is just a moment in time. Do not turn this moment into something far worse by making a decision based on how you feel right now. We are here on this forum to help one another and seek help from others through the whole process. That does not just stop because the results are coming out. It encludes picking each other up off the deck afterwards. 

Guest HawkISback
33 minutes ago, OneLastDance said:

The band has played their final note. One Sailor slowly strolls off the dance floor as the last of the music echoes off the walls. Sadly he leaves never getting to wear the Anchors of a Chief.  Those that look upon him would never guess. This Sailor has just finished his OneLastDance. 

Congradulations to all those that made it. And, glad to hear the streak is finally broken.

To those that did not. It is okay to be angry, upset, sad, frustrated, and the list goes on. Take some time to process this moment and everything that comes with it. Just remember it is just a moment in time. Do not turn this moment into something far worse by making a decision based on how you feel right now. We are here on this forum to help one another and seek help from others through the whole process. That does not just stop because the results are coming out. It encludes picking each other up off the deck afterwards. 

Comrade,

It saddens me when I see it not work out, I was pulling for you. I hope as you transition you find the success you deserve. 

Hawk

Guest FCC_Thawk
4 hours ago, NAVYGUY209 said:

Did anyone in here pick up 1st time up? for those that got the S how many of you have a degree or MOVSM?

I have the MOVSM. 

Guest sk32004toLSC
3 minutes ago, FC1THawk said:

I have the MOVSM. 

I had my MOVSM for a  few years but just finished my BSBA this year

Well.  I got the "N" again this year.  6 times for me.  It does suck, but there is a new plan in my future that doesn't involve anchors.  I am glad to hear so many of you were selected.  Time to finish my degree, get my resume together and start planning for a future in the civilian sector.  God bless all of you!

Guest BigFIshCA
6 hours ago, FC1THawk said:

Haven't had a chance to check in... THE STREAK IS OVER!! I got the S!!!!

Congrats!  I also received the "S" this year.  Sorry for posting so late, just been "BUSY". 

Guest NavyChic2003

I was selected!!! Congrats to all the other selectees. This forum has been a blessing. I learned some great information and received solid advice. Thanks to all! 

Guest Sailor#1

Congratz to all my fellow brothers and sister who got the S today! I was hoping more than 1 sailor would make it today at the base I am at... Our selects phase II team has 2 FTS, 1 Selres and 1 Active duty .... And about 30 Chiefs, Senior Chiefs and Master Chiefs... Fun, fun! 

Guest FCC_Thawk
13 minutes ago, Sailor#1 said:

Congratz to all my fellow brothers and sister who got the S today! I was hoping more than 1 sailor would make it today at the base I am at... Our selects phase II team has 2 FTS, 1 Selres and 1 Active duty .... And about 30 Chiefs, Senior Chiefs and Master Chiefs... Fun, fun! 

Bruh....

Guest OrdieDevilDolphin
6 hours ago, NAVYGUY209 said:

Did anyone in here pick up 1st time up? for those that got the S how many of you have a degree or MOVSM?

I was first time up and got the S, I did not have a degree but did submit an MOVSM with the LTB.

Guest USNAO1AWSW
11 minutes ago, OrdieDevilDolphin said:

I was first time up and got the S, I did not have a degree but did submit an MOVSM with the LTB.

I did get selected and I also had the MOVSM without a degree. I did have BPME, PPME Officer and Enlisted, and also the old JPME and new SEJPME. This was my 3rd time up.

Guest iamevilradio

Well... today has kind of been a roller coaster. At first, they started pulling people aside one by one to let them know that they didn't make it before they did a big intercom announcement, so I was pretty hopeful because no one pulled me aside. Then they made the big announcement and... I wasn't on it. So about 20 minutes of sulking later I decide to go start smoking again because it's one of those days and my Chief stops me and tells me that they don't know about me yet. This I sort of brush off as one of those "We don't understand why you didn't make it so maybe your results got sent to your old UIC since you've only been here a month" things which I dismissed immediately because people who hadn't even reported yet got their results. 3 hours go by and I decide to leave after breaking the news to my wife that I didn't make it. I'm pulling onto my street after driving home where I get a Facebook message from someone telling me to call the office because no one had my number. One of my Chiefs had a friend on Facebook who had seen that I made it. Came back to work. Finally found out that I'm in a Hold status from a NJP 4 years and 11 months earlier. It's been a weird day and I'm sort of emotionally drained.

I'm not allowed to play in any Phase II events until I get this hold resolved, but I'm pretty hopeful at moment. Working on my Statement to NPC to get this resolved. Anyone else had any experience with this? Any advice? 

Guest OrdieDevilDolphin
22 minutes ago, USNAO1AWSW said:

I did get selected and I also had the MOVSM without a degree. I did have BPME, PPME Officer and Enlisted, and also the old JPME and new SEJPME. This was my 3rd time up.

Congrats Brother! IYAOYAS, any other AOC (sel)?

Guest AWFChief

Congrats to everyone who got the S today! Super excited to see everyone getting them after getting to know you all.  @FC1THawk you've waited a long time for this...do Great things!

To those who didn't get the S, keep pushing, keep learning, and stay motivated.  Start studying now and get ready for the next cycle.  Start scrubbing your records early.  In fact for those who do not know, go the NPC website, select the Career Info tab, then select Career Toolbox, and on that page there is a Personnel Records Review checklist and many other tools that can help you review your record.