FY17 Chief Selection Board

Guest HawkISback
33 minutes ago, Jackson2019 said:

If they come this week, I have to dig out my surprised I made it face and my disappointed but happy for the selectees face.  Been wearing my tired of waiting for the results face.  

Absolutely.  This summarizes my last week. Between finals and results my blood pressure is not well.  I need combat rescue @Tony.  

Guest NavyPride34
7 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

we are all pretty much set on next week being the week when we find out our fates but like some one said earlier, its like something is in the wind and that we are gonna know soon, like I said before the quiet before the storm!

I've stopped drinking beer and I've been running a lot and just drinking lots of water.  Trying to get prepared.

Guest ITC(IW/SW/AW)
1 hour ago, NAVYGUY209 said:

When you get selected, do you choose your mentor or does the mess choose one?

More than likely the mess will choose. One of the main purposes of Phase II is for the selectees to get to know and create a bond with the mess. We want to get you out of your comfort zone. Having the selectee choose his/her sponsor would defeat the purpose.

Guest CryptoSquid
26 minutes ago, AlphaMaleOne said:

I have given in and made an account...im done being in the category of the "lurkers"

Once @Tony has you, he will never let you go...

Guest OldSalt

If anything is coming out tomorrow I would guess it is the date of results release. Not the actual results. Last year they gave out the date ahead of time for active, and I think Reserve and FTS too. I seem to remember them coming out and even saying that is what they were going to do from then on. This year they gave out the date ahead for the Reserve and FTS results. I would not think that they would all of a sudden go "Surprise!" That kind of mind game is something I would come up with!:ph34r: But, I do not see them changing it up without prior notice seeing as there would be a lot of negative impact.

Guest CTN(IW/SW)
37 minutes ago, AlphaMaleOne said:

I have given in and made an account...im done being in the category of the "lurkers"

Welcome!

Guest HawkISback
1 minute ago, OneLastDance said:

If anything is coming out tomorrow I would guess it is the date of results release. Not the actual results. Last year they gave out the date ahead of time for active, and I think Reserve and FTS too. I seem to remember them coming out and even saying that is what they were going to do from then on. This year they gave out the date ahead for the Reserve and FTS results. I would not think that they would all of a sudden go "Surprise!" That kind of mind game is something I would come up with!:ph34r: But, I do not see them changing it up without prior notice seeing as there would be a lot of negative impact.

That's what I thought as well, so I cannot rule out my chiefs messing messing with me. I've seen no indications on the chatter sites. 

13 minutes ago, CryptoSquid said:

Once @Tony has you, he will never let you go...

That's right "You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave!" (The Eagles - Hotel California) 

The official theme song of this forum...

:ph34r:

Guest OldSalt
2 minutes ago, HawkISback said:

That's what I thought as well, so I cannot rule out my chiefs messing messing with me. I've seen no indications on the chatter sites. 

They may be messing with you. However, since I think they have as much information on when the results are coming out as the rest of us. The excitement and anxiety is getting to them as well. They are as excited to get the season started as we are getting the wait over. The reverse is also true, but different at the same time.

Guest HawkISback
1 minute ago, OneLastDance said:

Guest AlphaMaleOne

What do you think is worse, being at work waiting on results or being on leave?  I go on leave Thursday and not due back till the 10th.  Pretty much the entire window of when they will be released ill be on leave.

Guest FCC_Thawk
Just now, AlphaMaleOne said:

What do you think is worse, being at work waiting on results or being on leave?  I go on leave Thursday and not due back till the 10th.  Pretty much the entire window of when they will be released ill be on leave.

I've been on leave and I've been at work on release day. Being at work is worse in my opinion. 

Guest HawkISback
1 minute ago, AlphaMaleOne said:

At work for sure. 

Guest ITC(IW/SW/AW)
1 hour ago, NAVYGUY209 said:

When you get selected, do you choose your mentor or does the mess choose one?

More than likely the mess will choose. One of the main purposes of Phase II is for the selectees to get to know and create a bond with the mess. We want to get you out of your comfort zone. Having the selectee choose his/her sponsor would defeat the purpose.

Guest HawkISback

I am on leave tomorrow through the rest of the week. I'm going hiking at mount rainier, my chief was like better be in phone distance. I was like hahahahaha

Guest AlphaMaleOne
1 minute ago, FC1THawk said:

I've been on leave and I've been at work on release day. Being at work is worse in my opinion. 

yeah that's what im thinking too.  last year I was on the flight line for our first launch of the day and my OIC started strolling out there and got my heart racing.  wasn't sure what to think.  At least when im on leave ill have other things to do to keep my mind off this wait.

Guest AlphaMaleOne
1 minute ago, HawkISback said:

I am on leave tomorrow through the rest of the week. I'm going hiking at mount rainier, my chief was like better be in phone distance. I was like hahahahaha

yeah I will be about 2 hours away in the mountains as well....hope Verizon has a tower up there.

Guest HM8404

I'll be at a competition on Friday, so at least that'll keep me busy for this week through Saturday. Sleeping on Sunday.

Guest NAVYGUY209
20 minutes ago, ITC(IW/SW/AW) said:

That makes sense. I didn't really ask anyone at my command.

Guest HM8404
1 minute ago, NAVYGUY209 said:

That makes sense. I didn't really ask anyone at my command.

I was told that the Mess or CMC would make the decision. I could request a sponsor but most likely it would be denied for the exact reason that ITC(IW/SW/AW) stated.

Guest OldSalt

24 minutes ago, ITC(IW/SW/AW) said:

I think for us it is like a Defense Attorney. If you don't get one on your own, one will be appointed for you!

Guest NAVYGUY209
Just now, OneLastDance said:

I think for us it is like a Defense Attorney. If you don't get one on your own, one will be appointed for you!

I like that but overall having the mess choose for you makes sense. I know for me I'm more comfortable with what I know and I have been told phase II is all about breaking you from your shell and out of the me mind thought and more about the team.

Guest FCC_Thawk
Just now, AlphaMaleOne said:

Guest OldSalt
29 minutes ago, AlphaMaleOne said:

I would say being on leave for the days leading up to results being released would be best. At work you are kind of limited on distractions. On leave you have more options on distractions, and for some there is family to be with while you wait. On the day of, for me it would not matter. My mind would be on getting the call no matter where I was.