FY17 Chief Selection Board

Guest Squidly

I have a general question for the forum.

Today I got my FLTRES approval, I took it as a prediction of the dreaded "N". I asked around our CPO mess and nobody could offer a "that's happened before" or "that doesn't mean anything", instead it was the seaman shrug with a "I've never seen that before for someone waiting on results."

Am I giving myself undue stress by reading between the lines?

Guest navyordie123
5 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

Ohhhhh man it would be a frenzy. Can you imagine if NAC posted something like "CPO Results to post today at 11am EST" with NO heads up?! People would go insane.

I think that it would be a medical emergency and all the stretchers bearers, band aids and Motrin would be gone in 2 minutes. Alert 5 would be launched and this server would blow up! Jaws would drop and I would lose whatever little hair I have left.

Guest CWO2 RRP 782X

Wow. Forums been busy today! Glad to see all the new members finally joining the fold!

Im still going with 3 August. While I am eager for the results as much as most everyone else, I am enjoying the time I have with my family.

Guest iamevilradio
4 minutes ago, IT_uno said:

Wow. Forums been busy today! Glad to see all the new members finally joining the fold!

Im still going with 3 August. While I am eager for the results as much as most everyone else, I am enjoying the time I have with my family.

Hoping for the 3rd. I'm fairly confident about my chances and would really love to spend this weekend with the family like I've planned. Plus the 3rd is my B-Day and I really hate celebrating my B-day and wouldn't mind a distractor. 

Guest Willie

New to this forum but I have read a lot. I'm nervous about these results it didn't bother me until the last few days. I think I got a good chance but everybody thinks that. I was my command SSOY and deployed air wing SSOY. People have been telling me I'm good but I still don't have faith. 

Just now, Willie said:

New to this forum but I have read a lot. I'm nervous about these results it didn't bother me until the last few days. I think I got a good chance but everybody thinks that. I was my command SSOY and deployed air wing SSOY. People have been telling me I'm good but I still don't have faith. 

welcome!

Guest navyordie123
5 minutes ago, FC1THawk said:

I'm still steadfast on my prediction of August 3, but if they came out earlier, I wouldn't even be mad 

I don't think anyone would be

Guest DeepseaPanda
26 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

Ohhhhh man it would be a frenzy. Can you imagine if NAC posted something like "CPO Results to post today at 11am EST" with NO heads up?! People would go insane.

I agree, there would be an uproar of insanity across the boards. However I believe most of the hype for this week is due to someone who likes stirring the pot, and watching everyone react. 

Guest navyordie123

Ok so we are at 86 pages and at least, well maybe a week from the results so I am sticking with around 110 pages before its all over

7 minutes ago, Tony said:

weeellll, took a little longer than I thought but all is well...

:big-dancing-banana-smiley-emoti

Tony, glad to see your dancing banana survived.

Guest CWO2 RRP 782X

I think once the release date is published, traffic will calm a little bit. The day before and day of results, this forum will be hot hot hot!!! Just my prediction. It will still get over 100 pages no doubt!!

Guest AWFChief
4 minutes ago, IT_uno said:

I think once the release date is published, traffic will calm a little bit. The day before and day of results, this forum will be hot hot hot!!! Just my prediction. It will still get over 100 pages no doubt!!

Even after they post the date you will be surprised how many people will still post.

Almost there...

5 minutes ago, IT_uno said:

Yeah the day of the triad release will be full of people posting they made it, people congratulating them, and the people who didn't make it venting a little.  I think the day of the navadmin will me more of the same, plus a surge in the morning of people looking for the navadmin so they can see the list.

Guest AWFChief
1 hour ago, AGatSEA said:

I wish FlagYN was still here with all the intel on CNP.:ph34r: Those were good days.

There has to be another YN with intel like FlagYN lurking around here...

Guest navyordie123

There has been a lot of craziness on here today and the past couple days with all the rumors about the results coming out this week and we have made a lot of jokes and had some fun times along with a lot of great discussions and learning points for which I am very greatful. I'm gonna take it to a serious note for a minute. This time of year is so busy for us board eligibles and Chiefs cause we are getting ready for what could be the biggest point of our careers, and the Chiefs cause they get to mold us into the Chief.  A time of reflection of how we got here and what helped us get to this point of our careers. I think of the people that taught me the right way to do things and how they watched over me when I was being stupid and lead me down the right path and then the people who weren't a great influence on me but taught me to not be like them. I learned to model my leadership style from both good and bad to make it all my own. Of course, the bad I just learned not to do it like them. And then I think about how I have touched and formed junior sailors that have worked for me and how they helped me be the leader and sailor that I am today. Without any of these people in my professional life I wouldn't be where I am today. I think about my family and how driven I am to do the best for them and how without them I would not be where I am today. Thank you to everyone that have helped me throughout my career and thank you to my family. To everyone on here thank you for the vast and wealthy knowledge that we have passed through these few months together. I look forward to seeing the people celebrate that they were selected and to those that don't, just remember that we have sailors to watch over and guide down the right path, and also that we have people that are proud of us no matter what. Good luck to all my SBE brothers and sisters!!! Can't wait for the news of the results!!

Hello all.  Another year has gone by and I am here again... lurking... I can't post from the ship.  I think they blocked access, but I am there watching the threads in spirit.  Good luck to you all and I hope they pick your name out of the hat!

Guest navyordie123
16 minutes ago, Ordy said:

Hello all.  Another year has gone by and I am here again... lurking... I can't post from the ship.  I think they blocked access, but I am there watching the threads in spirit.  Good luck to you all and I hope they pick your name out of the hat!

Been a long time since we have heard from you. 

4 hours ago, Squidly said:

I have a general question for the forum.

Today I got my FLTRES approval, I took it as a prediction of the dreaded "N". I asked around our CPO mess and nobody could offer a "that's happened before" or "that doesn't mean anything", instead it was the seaman shrug with a "I've never seen that before for someone waiting on results."

Am I giving myself undue stress by reading between the lines?

At my last command last cycle they had a guy who was already home on terminal leave.  His house hold good had already been shipped, and he got called with the choice of coming back or staying gone.  He chose the anchors.  Got to my new command, and have a newly pinned Senior Chief who already has a job lined up for her retirement.  So like another reply says.  Don't sweat the approval of fleet reserve request.  If a guy can come back off terminal leave and get his anchors pinned I'm sure if you get the S it will be no little thing to get that turned off.