FY17 Chief Selection Board

Just now, Jackson2019 said:

Well this forum has been a well of knowledge,  I have learned a lot and will continue to be motivated regardless of the results.  I wasn't taking aim at the CPOs but felt sorta slighted that somebody especially an adult will stoop to this ignorant level.  Almost reverted to my sea duty persona,  angry with a dash of hate.  I don't have time for this neither does the other SBEs, we are too busy stressing over a message about results release so we can stress over the results.  

I hear ya!

9 minutes ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

I'm not sure what the participation would be, but any thoughts to adding a topic on here for CPO 365 Phase I? We have spent  a lot of time on here discussing the selection board, packages, and all sorts of different things on leadership. Maybe a separate forum for Phase I discussions would benefit those who have said their command doesn't have a Phase I PQS. We could even coordinate times to be online and discuss different training topics and Navy news that is pertinent to leadership and warfighting as leaders. Just a suggestion for further down the road after CPO Pinning this year. I think it would be awesome to give people a separate place to discuss what they learned and give those a chance who aren't learning anything at their own commands to participate. As I said, just a suggestion.

The way to gauge that would be to start a separate thread in this Chief's category to see what kind of participation it would generate. That's probably all it might need. If it flies and gets bigger, then it would most definitely qualify for its own topic area. All members can start a thread of their choosing in any of the categories available. 

Guest navyordie123
1 hour ago, Ordie Chief said:

Good Luck Shipmate !

Thank you very much Chief! I am hoping to join you in the mess this year! IYAOYAS!!!

Guest DAYDREAMER

Long time Lurker first time poster. I would like to thank you Tony and over the last couple years this form has really helped me get by before and after results have come out. This is the last ride for me as I will retire in DEC if not selected.

Just now, DAYDREAMER said:

Long time Lurker first time poster. I would like to thank you Tony and over the last couple years this form has really helped me get by before and after results have come out. This is the last ride for me as I will retire in DEC if not selected.

Welcome aboard and hope you get this one. :)

Guest navyordie123
4 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

I think it would be weird if they came out tomorrow without giving us some kind of heads up :graphics-3d-smileys-377567:

I think so too, not only have I heard rumors here but at work about this week being the week but you know how rumors get started this time of year and especially this close to release date. I would like to believe the rumors but I'm just gonna go with the 3rd cause it seems to be the most legitimate date. 

Guest AlohaChicken

Hey everyone, haven't seen too many family members yet this year but if I know from my own personal experience you are all lurking and reading! 

My husband is up, try #5 and this is the most stressed I have ever seen him. So I come read on here instead of pestering him with questions :P He is in a tough rate with a low percentage so I have all my fingers and toes crossed for him, he's been an amazing LPO for his sailors and I know he would be an amazing chief, just need the board to realize that, too!

Just now, AlohaChicken said:

Hey everyone, haven't seen too many family members yet this year but if I know from my own personal experience you are all lurking and reading! 

My husband is up, try #5 and this is the most stressed I have ever seen him. So I come read on here instead of pestering him with questions :P He is in a tough rate with a low percentage so I have all my fingers and toes crossed for him, he's been an amazing LPO for his sailors and I know he would be an amazing chief, just need the board to realize that, too!

Well you came to the right place to read up. Good luck, hope your hubbie makes it.

Speaking of which, spouses, don't forget you can join up too!

Guest iamevilradio

Thought I would stop lurking for a minute to help get this thread up to 100. This thread so... positive. It is eerie. Good luck to everyone. 

Guest Riverine Rat

Still so many guest. Come on all sign up and join us. Everyone has some knowledge to share and I am always looking to learn from others who have done it or seen it differently than myself. To all who already have joined and shared so much thank you. If I am selected this year I know I will be better prepared for the challenge ahead. If not I am still better prepared to work harder and do better than I have in the past to benefit my family, sailors, and future sailors. So once again Thank you for all who have dropped some knowledge on me while on here. 

Just now, Riverine Rat said:

Still so many guest. Come on all sign up and join us. Everyone has some knowledge to share and I am always looking to learn from others who have done it or seen it differently than myself. To all who already have joined and shared so much thank you. If I am selected this year I know I will be better prepared for the challenge ahead. If not I am still better prepared to work harder and do better than I have in the past to benefit my family, sailors, and future sailors. So once again Thank you for all who have dropped some knowledge on me while on here. 

Ha! Another one joined up. Spouses & vets, you are welcome too.

Guest FCC_Thawk
6 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

Of course! We don't need a bunch of negativity in here! 

We bring the power of positivity, kind of like the New Day lol

Guest Squidly

I've seen quite a few suggestions for good reads, so I'll toss one of my own into the ring. It helped me figure out my own leadership style, mostly because it spoke to me but more because I could apply it directly to where I was at the time I first read it.

It was a speech that H. G. Rickover gave during the '82 commencement at Columbia University. It's commonly titled as "doing your job", but I remember it as "owning your job".

A small excerpt from that speech...

"When doing a job—any job—one must feel that he owns it, and act as though he will remain in the job forever. He must look after his work just as conscientiously, as though it were his own business and his own money. If he feels he is only a temporary custodian, or that the job is just a stepping stone to a higher position, his actions will not take into account the long-term interests of the organization. His lack of commitment to the present job will be perceived by those who work for him, and they, likewise, will tend not to care. Too many spend their entire working lives looking for their next job. When one feels he owns his present job and acts that way, he need have no concern about his next job."

Guest navyordie123
15 minutes ago, DeepSea5342 said:

Oh definitely. I have a feeling--just a feeling--that if anything tomorrow will be the day they tell us it's the 3rd. Then you and I can have an "I told you so" party haha

We can definitely do that hahahaha

Guest Riverine Rat
1 minute ago, Tony said:

very good seateaaRgh, now that you are behaving, go stand in the corner for a timeout. 

:graphics-3d-smileys-348145:

Lol

Guest AGatSEA
3 minutes ago, Tony said:

Ah, an old timer, you changed your username so I don't recognize you. :)

I wasn't very active, it was probably my first or second time up at the time, but it really fed that rumor mill reading about what was going on there at the CNP's office.

Just now, AGatSEA said:

I wasn't very active, it was probably my first or second time up at the time, but it really fed that rumor mill reading about what was going on there at the CNP's office.

It sure did, in fact before that, there was always someone to drop some tidbits - it was fun.