FY17 Chief Selection Board

Guest HawkISback
2 minutes ago, AlphaMaleOne said:

yeah I will be about 2 hours away in the mountains as well....hope Verizon has a tower up there.

Yeah not likely for me to have signal.

Guest NAVYGUY209
Just now, OneLastDance said:

I think for us it is like a Defense Attorney. If you don't get one on your own, one will be appointed for you!

I like that but overall having the mess choose for you makes sense. I know for me I'm more comfortable with what I know and I have been told phase II is all about breaking you from your shell and out of the me mind thought and more about the team.

Guest Riverine Rat

I like the idea of having someone appointed to be your sponsor as it will help build trust and give you the opertunity to learn from someone who doesn't know you from Adam and tell it to you straight. All in the greater plan of making you and the mess better.

Guest navyordie123
2 minutes ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

I wanted to say thank you to all the motivated FCPO's on here awaiting the Chief results. One of the things we are all told is to never forget where we came from and I can say that seeing the eagerness, confidence, doubt, sincere conversations, and the absolute desire to make others better and wear anchors is a reminder to me as why I wanted to be a Chief so badly. Sometimes as we move further away from one milestone in our lives we as humans can easily make light of it, and each of you has given me that new spark and appreciation for where I currently am in my career. Don't stop pushing, and remember to always find a way to give back. This forum is one of the best ways to reach people you would never normally come into contact with, so if you are blessed this year with being selected, make it a point to come back to encourage and help others who were once in your boots. Thanks again for helping me remain humble and see how blessed I am!

Thank you for that @CPO_Pride247, you have brought to light a lot of information that I had no idea about or learned more about. This forum has taught me so much about how to be a leader and how to grow as a leader and to make not just my juniors better but myself as well. I look forward to hopefully one day joining you in the Chiefs Mess because that is where I want to be. Thank you again so much. To my fellow FCPOs thank you so much for sharing the knowledge that you have and thank you for giving me the opportunity to share what I have learned. Good luck to you brothers and sisters and I hope we all get that coveted S!!

Guest Ordie Chief

Ive been on this site off and on for quite some time now.  Last year I was blessed to have been selected.  Just wanted to stop in and say good luck to everyone this year and if you ever need anything don't hesitate to pm me.  For those who don't make it this year keep your heads up and keep pushing and your time will hopefully come.  

I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S

Guest Ordie Chief
5 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

Thank you for that @CPO_Pride247, you have brought to light a lot of information that I had no idea about or learned more about. This forum has taught me so much about how to be a leader and how to grow as a leader and to make not just my juniors better but myself as well. I look forward to hopefully one day joining you in the Chiefs Mess because that is where I want to be. Thank you again so much. To my fellow FCPOs thank you so much for sharing the knowledge that you have and thank you for giving me the opportunity to share what I have learned. Good luck to you brothers and sisters and I hope we all get that coveted S!!

Good Luck Shipmate !

Guest USNAO1AWSW
3 minutes ago, Ordie Chief said:

Ive been on this site off and on for quite some time now.  Last year I was blessed to have been selected.  Just wanted to stop in and say good luck to everyone this year and if you ever need anything don't hesitate to pm me.  For those who don't make it this year keep your heads up and keep pushing and your time will hopefully come.  

I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S

Hope to be at your level soon Chief. IYAOYAS...

Guest navyordie123
2 minutes ago, CPO_Pride247 said:

I wanted to say thank you to all the motivated FCPO's on here awaiting the Chief results. One of the things we are all told is to never forget where we came from and I can say that seeing the eagerness, confidence, doubt, sincere conversations, and the absolute desire to make others better and wear anchors is a reminder to me as why I wanted to be a Chief so badly. Sometimes as we move further away from one milestone in our lives we as humans can easily make light of it, and each of you has given me that new spark and appreciation for where I currently am in my career. Don't stop pushing, and remember to always find a way to give back. This forum is one of the best ways to reach people you would never normally come into contact with, so if you are blessed this year with being selected, make it a point to come back to encourage and help others who were once in your boots. Thanks again for helping me remain humble and see how blessed I am!

Guest OrdieDevilDolphin
25 minutes ago, Ordie Chief said:

I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S

Hopefully soon, IYAOYAS!

Guest Blankslate

Came out of lurker and joined so I could throw down some verifiable intel. 

FTS results announcement was made just before 1500 2 days before Triad release this year. Based on this I feel that we won't hear anything regarding release info before Friday (assuming Monday Triad, Tuesday Navadmin). If we make it past 1500 Friday with Nada, I would expect to hear something from NAC on Monday (given the historical data previously posted that gives us a 31% chance of a Wednesday release)

10 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

Old MACDONALD had a farm
E-I-E-I-O
And on his farm he had a cow
E-I-E-I-O
With a moo moo here
And a moo moo there
Here a moo, there a moo
Everywhere a moo moo
Old MacDonald had a farm
E-I-E-I-O

Guest Jackson2019
9 minutes ago, SeaTeaArgh said:

Old MACDONALD had a farm
E-I-E-I-O
And on his farm he had a cow
E-I-E-I-O
With a moo moo here
And a moo moo there
Here a moo, there a moo
Everywhere a moo moo
Old MacDonald had a farm
E-I-E-I-O

Trying to figure out your purpose, I enjoy the interactions and fantastic advice.  So hopefully this is a joke only Chiefs know or your account is deleted.  Too stressed out for a person to demean a forum that has helped me resalvage my career.

18 minutes ago, Jackson2019 said:

Trying to figure out your purpose, I enjoy the interactions and fantastic advice.  So hopefully this is a joke only Chiefs know or your account is deleted.  Too stressed out for a person to demean a forum that has helped me resalvage my career.

The Chief's do not control this forum.

The individual, SeaTeaArgh, added an incredibly rude and childish post. So I commandeered his account and proceeded to have fun with it. I had to stop though because I am now tracking this idiot. He sure does move from computer to computer at work! Anyway the idiot picked the wrong place to act like an imbecile. 

Just now, DeepSea5342 said:

Any place where there are people helping each other out or wanting to better themselves personally or professionally, there will always be trolls there to try and bring them down. Sorry you have to deal with ignorance @Tony, but I promise you there are more people who appreciate this forum than you will ever know.

Thank you kindly, you are right. And that is exactly why I plan on running this website for a long time. ;)

Guest OrdieDevilDolphin
Just now, DeepSea5342 said:

Any place where there are people helping each other out or wanting to better themselves personally or professionally, there will always be trolls there to try and bring them down. Sorry you have to deal with ignorance @Tony, but I promise you there are more people who appreciate this forum than you will ever know.

Agree 110% I saw the post and knew hed be done.  This is a great place, good dialougue and even better stress relief waiting for the results!

Guest Bubba Spook

Got tired of lurking....onboard now!
Hopefully good new comes to a lot of us eagerly awaiting the results. 

Guest Jackson2019
1 minute ago, Tony said:

Thank you kindly, you are right. And that is exactly why I plan on running this website for a long time. ;)

Well this forum has been a well of knowledge,  I have learned a lot and will continue to be motivated regardless of the results.  I wasn't taking aim at the CPOs but felt sorta slighted that somebody especially an adult will stoop to this ignorant level.  Almost reverted to my sea duty persona,  angry with a dash of hate.  I don't have time for this neither does the other SBEs, we are too busy stressing over a message about results release so we can stress over the results.  

Guest Admin_warrior

I remember the last few years when I wasn't up for chief and watching my fellow brothers and sisters sweat, I wanted to be in their shoes too! Even if I don't make it, I will continue to help my peers and junior sailors, because in the end that's who got us to this point anyway, and it's something I enjoy. If anyone ever has any admin(PS) questions, let me know if I don't know the answer I will find an instruction or someone that will.