FY-15 LDO/CWO SELECTION BOARD

Guest Champions4eternity

Any other predictions out there? Aside from praying for today lol! This is simply for fun... No I don't believe it's accurate, but would be funny if it was. Nerd brain coming out lol

post-179-0-58723200-1393272927_thumb.jpg

That is what my husband said.  He thinks that why he has not been picked up in the past.  He has awesome appraisals but just doesn't have his EOOW letter.  

Sounds like your husband definitely has the Sailor portion of the package done if he is getting good marks on his appraisals.  For my designator, 639x,  the TRACON rating(terminal radar approach controller) at a Class IV B facility is one of if not the most important qualifications necessary.  The LDO program is specifically seeking those with superior technical management skills and sometimes being able to fully fill that position all comes down to whether or not you have those skill sets of management(Sailor functions) and technical(Rate specific).  The logic behind the selection process( in my opinion/observation) is geared towards selecting those that are ready to fill the position day one.  In essence there is not a lot of room for learning on the job.  Obviously I am no expert and am simply speaking from my experience and observations.  Best of luck to your family for this selection board and if he doesnt make it and there is a billet he can snag to get that EOOW designation go for it! 

Guest snipe44

Lol. I stacked my board pretty good but dont think any are war heros.

The weighted values are "confidential" but essentially your appraisals are the voice of one board of LDO/CWOs speaking to the selection board (full of LDO/CWOs). Naturally I would think that carries some weight. Does itatter who wrote it? I guess if you stacked your board with war hero 0-6 LDOs, AND they gave you good marks then you'd be on your way. Short of that I would think that the person rank or whatever else should have at most a small effect.

At what point during the day do you give up hope of the NAVADMIN coming out?  1600...1700....?

I generally quit at 1730 ET, just in case there is a hard-worker pressing to get the results out and stays an extra half-hour, lol.

Guest NvyG8tr

When old timers start checking in, we know results are close. Welcome back Redtab78 and NvyG8tr.

Can't say that's the truth. Like the rest of you I have been reading the boards and all the comments... My fingers are crossed and I'm hoping that we all have the golden ticket... Because I feel it's Sailors that participate in forums like this really care, both about their careers and other Sailors careers... Good luck all

Guest NvyG8tr

The anticipation is killing me!!!   All the Mustangs onboard are asking me if "I'm nervous"..lol

Lawdawg, Know the feeling, I'm on deployment and all those that helped me this year keeping asking if I heard anything yet... My response to them is " Your in the Mustang Community, what have you heard?"

Does anyone know how much weight the appraisals hold and does the person who wrote the appraisal matter? As far as their reputation.

How much weight is confidential information board members can not say. In my opinion, a great package with knock-out appraisals may give you that edge over other great packages with poorly written appraisals. Just like evals, some interviewers know how to communicate to the board, while others are just written to please the applicant. If possible, have previous board members do your interview. With that said the general consensus is that you will never be selected due to great appraisals alone. Your performance must match whats on the precept.

Guest NvyG8tr

Nothing weird about it; I had that dream for a few years until it became a reality. When you want something bad enough and you put all you have into it, it's only natural that you think about it in your subconscious state of mind. Hopefully it becomes reality for you soon.

I agree with you POST, and congrats again, thanks for sharing your wisdom and experience.. If you want it bad enough you eat, sleep and dream about it... The worst thing is after I found out I was not on the list I wanted it even more... I contacted everyone I could, sent my package all over the world for advice and inputs, corrections and changes... Most of the Warrant officer community that I talked to told me not to give up because they could see the passion I have, the desire, the need to succeed.. Plus once you get your name out there you can't give up... If you "talk the talk, you have to walk the walk"... They know who you are... Don't quit trying, because it will be the biggest regret of your life... Good luck all!

Guest snipe44

In one if last years Mustang lariat it addressed Appraisals. Telling LDOs and CWOs to review the applicants evals and grade to that along with the interview. The board was seeing mediocre Records with all 10s making the interview process less effective. So hopefully mustangs weren't just writing great appraisals for average sailors.

How much weight is confidential information board members can not say. In my opinion, a great package with knock-out appraisals may give you that edge over other great packages with poorly written appraisals. Just like evals, some interviewers know how to communicate to the board, while others are just written to please the applicant. If possible, have previous board members do your interview. With that said the general consensus is that you will never be selected due to great appraisals alone. Your performance must match whats on the precept.

Guest OPSTECH

This year has been one of the most stressful for me with regards to the release date. My ship goes on deployment right around the time the results are "supposed" to come out, I am transferring to C6F to be the AJICO, which would set me up good for next years board, but now I have no idea if i am going to be packing up and moving around the world, or staying put and deploying. needless to say the Mrs. is not happy with the waiting game.

Guest Blade2950

Hello to all,

This is my second time applying for 713x/CWO.  I don't know what else I'm missing but over the past 5 years I worked towards becoming a Commissioned Officer.  2009 Eval EP, 2010 Frocked MP for First Class, 2011 #1 EP for First Classes, didn't make Chief, 2012 #1 EP again got selected for Chief, applied for CWO and didn't get selected, got the new guy P for my Chief's Eval this past year.  I have also had my EOOW letter since 2010, ETT, DCTT, ACFL,Repair Party/Locker Leader, Command Safety Petty Officer, Departmental LPO, DDG51 4125 NEC, LCAC Engineer 4131 NEC, and I have the Top Snipe NEC 4206.  The only thing that might hurt is that I'm still a young Chief with only 15 years of service.  I know i'm missing an IA tour and recruiting duty but what I have done out in the Fleet should be important also.  There are things we can all work on but according to the precept I have a lot of what the board has mentioned. I know this is a great forum to get your self out there to meet new people and fellow sailors trying to better themselves and the Navy.  After the results are released and I don't make it, if there's any LDO/CWO mentors on this forum, I would like to meet with you so we can review my application and hopefully work with me for the FY16 LDO/CWO process.  

Good luck to everyone on this forum that put in an application!

Hello to all,   This is my second time applying for 713x/CWO.  I don't know what else I'm missing but over the past 5 years I worked towards becoming a Commissioned Officer.  2009 Eval EP, 2010 Frocked MP for First Class, 2011 #1 EP for First Classes, didn't make Chief, 2012 #1 EP again got selected for Chief, applied for CWO and didn't get selected, got the new guy P for my Chief's Eval this past year.  I have also had my EOOW letter since 2010, ETT, DCTT, ACFL,Repair Party/Locker Leader, Command Safety Petty Officer, Departmental LPO, DDG51 4125 NEC, LCAC Engineer 4131 NEC, and I have the Top Snipe NEC 4206.  The only thing that might hurt is that I'm still a young Chief with only 15 years of service.  I know i'm missing an IA tour and recruiting duty but what I have done out in the Fleet should be important also.  There are things we can all work on but according to the precept I have a lot of what the board has mentioned. I know this is a great forum to get your self out there to meet new people and fellow sailors trying to better themselves and the Navy.  After the results are released and I don't make it, if there's any LDO/CWO mentors on this forum, I would like to meet with you so we can review my application and hopefully work with me for the FY16 LDO/CWO process.     Good luck to everyone on this forum that put in an application!

Looks like a great resume but remember that you can have all the check marks and still not get selected. That's the most frustrating part of this board.

Guest snipe44

Sounds like we are in the same boat except this is my first time applying. Did you have any 613s or 713s your board?

Hello to all, This is my second time applying for 713x/CWO. I don't know what else I'm missing but over the past 5 years I worked towards becoming a Commissioned Officer. 2009 Eval EP, 2010 Frocked MP for First Class, 2011 #1 EP for First Classes, didn't make Chief, 2012 #1 EP again got selected for Chief, applied for CWO and didn't get selected, got the new guy P for my Chief's Eval this past year. I have also had my EOOW letter since 2010, ETT, DCTT, ACFL,Repair Party/Locker Leader, Command Safety Petty Officer, Departmental LPO, DDG51 4125 NEC, LCAC Engineer 4131 NEC, and I have the Top Snipe NEC 4206. The only thing that might hurt is that I'm still a young Chief with only 15 years of service. I know i'm missing an IA tour and recruiting duty but what I have done out in the Fleet should be important also. There are things we can all work on but according to the precept I have a lot of what the board has mentioned. I know this is a great forum to get your self out there to meet new people and fellow sailors trying to better themselves and the Navy. After the results are released and I don't make it, if there's any LDO/CWO mentors on this forum, I would like to meet with you so we can review my application and hopefully work with me for the FY16 LDO/CWO process. Good luck to everyone on this forum that put in an application!

Guest BMC2LDO2008

That's a lot of me,I and self-stuff...just my observation.  I hope there is just as much BJOQ, SOQ, CAP's, schools given to juniors, and maintaining high retention rates to balance it out.

You still in LCAC country?

Guest Navy Aircrewman

Any reservists out there? This is my 1st applying for LDO (6295/6285). I'm sure that the applicants list was shorter as well as the quotas list. Really hoping I get selected this year. Out of the 5 Submarine designators available last FY, no one applied and therefore, none were selected. This FY, there are 4 Submarine designators available and so I'm hoping that history kind of repeats itself, affording me a spot in one of the 2 designators that I applied for. Much luck to everyone though. 

Guest Blade2950
Sounds like we are in the same boat except this is my first time applying. Did you have any 613s or 713s your board? Had a 6130 LCDR, 6130 LT and 7132 CWO2

Guest Blade2950

BMC2LDO2008 The guys I worked with all advanced at least 1 paygrade, 2 caps,BJOQ, JSOQ, high retention rates and C Schools. I'm still in the LCAC country, got there last year. I know the board holds that against the guys that stay in the LCAC community for a long time.