FY-15 LDO/CWO SELECTION BOARD

Guest OPSTECH

The reason I applied again this year is because of the rating realignment.  ENCS numbers have dropped significantly and I forsee them staying down.  Better chances with CWO/LDO than picking up 8!  My record is solid with one flaw and I am pretty sure that one flaw is going to keep my name from being on the list.

NJP?

Realy wonder does time in service really play a factor?

Or if a CPO AND A FCPO are neck and neck does the CPO get the nod?

Alll these questions because they wont release the results..lol

I was confident in August but now I'm questioning everything...lol :huh:

reading this brought up a question about breakouts. i have always had soft breakouts. #4 EP, #3 EP, new command made first #1 EP frocking as a first, #4 ranked as a first. will this not look as good as #1 even though i just put it on?

I would agree, your record sounds good... Do you have Eval breakouts?

yup! 6 of 65 PO1 in 8 learning sites, All EP and MP's. 1 of 15 CWO/LDO applicants. SOY x 2, All forward deployed command 1 ATG and the rest SEA.command

reading this brought up a question about breakouts. i have always had soft breakouts. #4 EP, #3 EP, new command made first #1 EP frocking as a first, #4 ranked as a first. will this not look as good as #1 even though i just put it on?

FC1P, when I made Chief I did not have the #1 EP. Its all about the write-ups.

Any Sub YNs in here other than me?

I'm not a SS, but it looks like only you and I applied for 641. If that's the case we are all selectees; 1 SS and 1 non SS lol. Most of the 641s who used to hang in here are already Mustangs today.

Guest ITCSDPW

That is not a soft breakout that is sustained superior performance. You don't have to always be the number 1 EP. I never had a ranked number 1 EP and I made every rank first time up .

Guest YNC(SS)

I'm not a SS, but it looks like only you and I applied for 641. If that's the case we are all selectees; 1 SS and 1 non SS lol. Most of the 641s who used to hang in here are already Mustangs today.

Shockingly there really isn't as many as you would think applying this year for 6410.

That is not a soft breakout that is sustained superior performance. You don't have to always be the number 1 EP. I never had a ranked number 1 EP and I made every rank first time up .

thank yall, its my first time up for chief too, so i am hoping to make that if i dont get the nod here. Either way i am at 8 years and i am happy where i am at. being told no doesnt matter cause it is going to happen soon cause i will make it happen.

Guest OPSTECH

Nope, I spoke about it earlier in the forum though.  PFA failure from Spring '12.  Half an inch which is going to hurt for a while.  I accept it and realize it is all my fault.  Beer, beer was my downfall but it's what I plan on doing when I grow up.  We spent a week in Australia and weighed in the day we pulled out.  Got a 2.0 in Professionalism and one of the bottom P's on the eval for 2012.  2013 eval I bounced back and was #10 MP (31 overall) out of 103 onboard.  I took the time to address this in my statement as well to assure the board it is not an issue and won't be an issue in the future.

knew a guy at my last command who went through the same thing and he still made it. He's sitting haapy as an LT now, hopefully you will be too Bro. Good Luck!

Guest ITCSDPW

Nope, I spoke about it earlier in the forum though.  PFA failure from Spring '12.  Half an inch which is going to hurt for a while.  I accept it and realize it is all my fault.  Beer, beer was my downfall but it's what I plan on doing when I grow up.  We spent a week in Australia and weighed in the day we pulled out.  Got a 2.0 in Professionalism and one of the bottom P's on the eval for 2012.  2013 eval I bounced back and was #10 MP (31 overall) out of 103 onboard.  I took the time to address this in my statement as well to assure the board it is not an issue and won't be an issue in the future.

The best way to get any board to show favor when you have failed a PFA is to become the CFL or ACFL. If it was your first failure they didn't have bring down any of your traits and its military bearing that gets marked down for PFA failures.

listening to you guys' write ups makes me think i should start congratulating all the folks other than me who get the S this year.

Very true. I expect to see a lot of selectees here.

I bet they do.

i would if i make it to that position just to see if the advice that is given on the forum is in line with what the board thought. then when i was not a board member, the following year,  i would be able to come on here and give advice to those who were still seeking answers to questions.

Guest Blade2950

We all have a good shot at getting selected. Competition looks tough but it's good to see everyone striving for that commission. Good luck to everyone that submitted a package!