FY-15 LDO/CWO SELECTION BOARD

Guest YNC(SS)

I just want to know so i can stop thinking about it 24 hours a day.  If I didn't make it, it will suck but I can move on with my life and try again.

Thank you for letting me back in after my hiatus. Looking forward to sharing my knowledge and experience. I'm a prior PSC in case any 641X applicants were wondering.

Welcome back Post. Another PSC three time applicant here.

Guest Cotechs

This has been a long underway period...I too am getting the confidence jitters, but what's done is done.Somewhere, there's a list with a whole bunch of names on it. A list written weeks ago. It'll pass through hands, up the Chain, before making it to my MSG INBOX and all of those cogs in between already know who's name is on that list - whether they care or not. Kind of makes you wish that someone would simply publish a bootleg copy of the list.

Guest guy2001

I just want to know so i can stop thinking about it 24 hours a day.  If I didn't make it, it will suck but I can move on with my life and try again.

Totally understand brother....I would like to know so I can go forward with my next steps whether it's one way or the other

Guest guy2001

just checking and hoping is really all that we can do, even though speculation makes us all more ansy, i am happy this forum lets us all stay anxious.

Know the feeling....as it goes I turned my package in and got it sent off with complete confidence that I would see my name on the list....As it gets closer I am not nearly as confident. I am concerned about any gaps in my package and while I still believe I have a strong package as the majority of my "checkpoints" have been met I still analyze and overanalyze the parts of my career where I didn't get the checkpoints needed (mostly through no fault of my own but just a lack of opportunity) what I would've done to be a fly on the wall through the board process......

Well...I dont know...I could take a stab at it, but it would ONLY be a guess...and I would have to say it could be a few different factors:

Oone being maybe the LDO's and CWO's out in the fleet are being more cautious as to who they endorse instead of just allowing any and everyone to apply (which is what I like to think it the main reason here) thus reducing the total applicants each year.

One could be that some think that the way the Navy has been heading in the past few years with policy change has taken away the appeal of staying in past 20  (and this could encompass everything from the Dont ask Dont tell repeal, to the extended 9 month deployments...everyone has their own likes and dislikes about new policies, Im not putting anything on official record here!!)

And another could be that with the smaller window of opportunity to apply (such as the time in service requirements) the applications have naturally slendered down some....especially if you looked at the waiver request list shown through NPC this past year, there was an AWFUL lot of "NE" for waiver request...

The bottom line here (in my opinion) is that there are many different factors that make up the decision to apply just as there are many different factors that go into your command allowing the application to go on to the board, as well as the different factors for the selection.....I dont for a second, think that a single "reason" can be given...as anyone of my 76 Sailors say "It is what it is, Senior Chief..."

(which I am still trying to figure out exactly what that statement means...)

Well said. :) I can attest to the fact that LDO/CWOs in the fleet are scrutinizing packages harder... at least at my command they are.  We had to tell a few applicants that this just wasn't for them... But by the same token, we were able to mentor other applicants that needed some improvements to make themselves competitive. :D

Well said. :) I can attest to the fact that LDO/CWOs in the fleet are scrutinizing packages harder... at least at my command they are.  We had to tell a few applicants that this just wasn't for them... But by the same token, we were able to mentor other applicants that needed some improvements to make themselves competitive. :D

I would say that this is a good thing, too.  I was in this boat a few years back.  At my 8 year mark I had the Sailor tools that i needed but I still needed some technical skills i didnt possess and was told that my package would not be forwarded.  However, I was given guidance on a duty station to pursue, got it and got my quals that i was lacking.  Looking back being denied was a blow, but at the same time I appreciated the honesty and set my priorities in place to make myself the number 1 ranked candidate leaving my present command.

Took me a few applications to finally get it myself. you have to have that never quit mentality to endure the process multiple times; good on you for not giving up.

Oh and Post, congrats on your selection!  Not sure if I mentioned that last year.  My user name used to be Admin*LDO. :D

Guest ITCSDPW

Well I have a good track record of receiving selection/promotion news on my children birthdays. My youngest birthday is tomorrow and my other son's birthday is on the 6th of March.

I would say that this is a good thing, too.  I was in this boat a few years back.  At my 8 year mark I had the Sailor tools that i needed but I still needed some technical skills i didnt possess and was told that my package would not be forwarded.  However, I was given guidance on a duty station to pursue, got it and got my quals that i was lacking.  Looking back being denied was a blow, but at the same time I appreciated the honesty and set my priorities in place to make myself the number 1 ranked candidate leaving my present command.

Bucko, that's awesome!  That's the way we should be doing it.  Best of luck this year.

Guest YNC(SS)

So... I'm having these weird getting selected for LDO dreams.  I get them every year when any selection board results are going to come out.  I always wonder if they are omens, bad omens that is... Anybody else get wierd dreams...?!?

All the time.

Guest guy2001

So... I'm having these weird getting selected for LDO dreams.  I get them every year when any selection board results are going to come out.  I always wonder if they are omens, bad omens that is... Anybody else get wierd dreams...?!?

No dreams yet but I had them all the time before I got them for like a week straight before I got picked up for Chief...so maybe my lack of dreams this time is a bad omen for me.... :)

Guest aDCworld

Good afternoon, I am spouse.  My husband applied for 713X, first year eligible.  Had previously applied for 613X.  Hopefully this is his year.  He does not have his EOOW letter yet so he knows that will play a role.  

Guest snipe44

The CDR that was on my interview board says the EOOW letter is the most important enclosure in my package. He sat last years selection board.

Good afternoon, I am spouse. My husband applied for 713X, first year eligible. Had previously applied for 613X. Hopefully this is his year. He does not have his EOOW letter yet so he knows that will play a role.

Guest aDCworld

The CDR that was on my interview board says the EOOW letter is the most important enclosure in my package. He sat last years selection board.

That is what my husband said.  He thinks that why he has not been picked up in the past.  He has awesome appraisals but just doesn't have his EOOW letter.  

Guest aDCworld

Last year a CAPT who sat his board and was the FY 13 board President said the letter was important but he was a candidate that should be selected.  But he was not :(

It's my first shot (and hopefully last), most people who scanned my package say I have a really good shot. I just hope the the board shares the same seniment, I want this so bad!!!

I too have had the dreams but I want to reamain humble as to not jinx myself....

Good Luck to Everyone!!!

Guest YNC(SS)

It's my first shot (and hopefully last), most people who scanned my package say I have a really good shot. I just hope the the board shares the same seniment, I want this so bad!!!

I too have had the dreams but I want to reamain humble as to not jinx myself....

Good Luck to Everyone!!!

What designator?