FY-15 LDO/CWO SELECTION BOARD

Guest ITCSDPW

For Chiefs, it's Block 35 Professionalism.  You don't have to bring anyone down, but it is up to the Reporting Senior, and at my command it's the CO wants to do it.  Very very hard to get a CFL/ACFL position here on a Carrier.  CFL is Officer and two ACFL spots for over 130 CPO/SCPO's.

Your name is ENC my apologies brother. I know every department/division has a PFA cordinator. The LDO/CWO and Chief's selection boards precepts talk about Sailors with a single incident. Stating to not discount any applicant who, except for a single incident, would otherwise be considered to be among the best qualified. Stay positive and good luck.

Guest NvyG8tr

Wow! This board sure has been active; it took me 20 minutes just to catch up with the different conversations going on... I know this has been ask and even address, but for any that have been selected or applying ask the question, "How much weight does a command ranking hold?"

I transferred to a new command and all the boards and rankings were completed before I routed my application package up and by the time I did the CO gave me a 3 of 3... I have fairly good FITREPS and continue to show sustained superior performance, even my last couple being breakouts #5 of 217, EP and #2 of 220 EP. The one problem I have is that I only have one warfare device because the commands that I have been too did not have the programs (i.e.. IDW, AW and EXW.)

Thanks for the help and good luck all!

Guest ITCSDPW

Wow! This board sure has been active; it took me 20 minutes just to catch up with the different conversations going on... I know this has been ask and even address, but for any that have been selected or applying ask the question, "How much weight does a command ranking hold?"

I transferred to a new command and all the boards and rankings were completed before I routed my application package up and by the time I did the CO gave me a 3 of 3... I have fairly good FITREPS and continue to show sustained superior performance, even my last couple being breakouts #5 of 217, EP and #2 of 220 EP. The one problem I have is that I only have one warfare device because the commands that I have been too did not have the programs (i.e.. IDW, AW and EXW.)

Thanks for the help and good luck all!

I have seen a lot of number 1s get selected and I have also seen #1 not get selected and #3 get selected. I think it does play a part but like anything else just because you are ranked #1 doesn't mean you will get selected. LDO/CWO board doesn't just look at 5 years.

Guest ITCSDPW

No worries.  Yeah, that statement is there which helps my cause, but here at my command their mindset is "He isn't going to get selected with that, why should he be ranked higher."  I know because the 6400 LCDR I work for had to fight to get me a decent ranking onboard because of that.  This year I should be able to take over the DEPT CFL after this next cycle.  That alone will help because there are >400 in my department.  Good luck to you too brother.

thanks. I feel good about this board, I just want to see the message to see how much time I get to spend at the pool again before going to RI if selected. At least they gave you a chance instead of not endorsing your package.

someone keep an eye on 736X Aviation Ordnance....Cause after 6 years...im done looking AND applying...if you happen to see a Lee, Ronald W. then shoot me an e-mail at leerw@cvn75.navy.mil and let me know you seen me on the list.. lol

and you think I wouldn't have?  :huh:

:lol:

Guest Navychief

Hello everyone. Thanks for adding me to the forum and i am glad to be part of the great aspiring people like you all. I have been keeping my finger crossed expecting a positive outcome from this year LDO/CWO Selection board. I can not wait any longer to see the result. I wish everyone the best of luck.

Guest NvyG8tr

someone keep an eye on 736X Aviation Ordnance....Cause after 6 years...im done looking AND applying...if you happen to see a Lee, Ronald W. then shoot me an e-mail at leerw@cvn75.navy.mil and let me know you seen me on the list.. lol

Redtab78,

Brother you know you can't quit, you have been on here forever.. The amount of knowledge and respect that you have it just would not feel right not to see a post from you.. I mean you having quite applying for a commission, just saying...

• Like 1

That makes it even worse... Baaaahhh... I hate this waiting game... Inviting me to do stuff when LDO Results are almost out... Don't they care about my feelings!

BOL is probably the last place to look for results. I don't know when results will hit the streets, but I can guarantee you they will be posted here before BOL. BOL is unreliable these days.

I don't remember seeing the option to check on BOL last time I logged in.

That's why I made that comment. The advancement tap is still not available till further notice.

Guest ITCSDPW

They would have been posted here first if it was still available. This forum has let me know when the results was out since I made first. A couple of times I had to call my COC and let them know the results were out after I seen them on here.

The users reading this topic was up to 70 a few hours ago.  There is definitely a buzz building quickly around these results. 

I'm trying to stay sidetracked with things like checking the tracking number on some drum cymbals I ordered and purposely going to sleep at 8PM so I can sleep through more of the waiting game, lol. I have been having some of these ridiculous "results dreams" that people were talking about a few pages back now.

yeah it jumped up to around 86 and it set off some security alerts because a group hopped in about the same time. First time I saw that message but you're right about the buzz