FY-15 LDO/CWO SELECTION BOARD

Guest YNC(SS)

LawDawg, What ship you on and where? BTW Does anyone know if letters of recommendation hold any weight in the board?

I hope so, I got one from a previous CO.  A buddy of mine got one from President Carter.

Guest MAC(EXW)

LawDawg,

They are seeking younger applicants with the potential to reach the O5/O6 level, hence lowering the TIS to 14 years.  Sustained superior performance among a diverse history of assignments early in your career will make you competitive.  You sound like you are on the right track!

I just hit 11 years this month and I wish I had applied earlier in my career as I only have two looks left for LDO.

I hope so, I got one from a previous CO.  A buddy of mine got one from President Carter.

From what I have been told from senior LDOs is that those kinds of L-O-Rs make a difference depending on the write-up.  I guess it really is at the discretion of the board members at the time, cant hurt to have senior leadership speak well of you IMO.

Guest PetiteDee

From what I have been told from senior LDOs is that those kinds of L-O-Rs make a difference depending on the write-up.  I guess it really is at the discretion of the board members at the time, cant hurt to have senior leadership speak well of you IMO.

Absolutely.  I wish I had included some in my package.  I just feel like I heard SO many different things from LDOs on what TO and NOT TO DO regarding submissions and enclosures.  I already felt like I had too many enclosures.  However, it was NOTHING like that STA21 package.  That bad boy is a force to be reckoned with.

Guest snipe44

Are you saying they let the admiral know you weren't selected before the results actually come out.

LORs hold very little if any weight. Yes if the LOR comes from an Admiral or higher and you were a non-select they let the person know but the LDO board has no problem explaining why someone was not selected.

Guest NvyG8tr

Wow very impressed with all the Sailors on here with under ten years. Congrats so far on a great career, I feel Sailors like you will make great addition to the LDO/CWO community; young, talented and full of drive...

Perfect examples for all the Junior Sailors to look up to... I look at it this way, early is just a loose term often used. Because obviously you have the knowledge, skills and trust of your command or else you would not even be eligible for the program or been so successful in your career…

I wish you all the best of luck and like all of us that keep hitting F5, be gentle…

LawDawg,

They are seeking younger applicants with the potential to reach the O5/O6 level, hence lowering the TIS to 14 years.  Sustained superior performance among a diverse history of assignments early in your career will make you competitive.  You sound like you are on the right track!

I just hit 11 years this month and I wish I had applied earlier in my career as I only have two looks left for LDO.

Chief,

I hope the board shares your sentiment..

I been in 9....

CNRMW JSOY...

6 NAM's

FCPOA VP

2 IA's

Instructor, Special Warfare, Overseas, Aviation, Shore, CMAA

Not to get everyone going bonkers in here. But the "call out" has apparently already occured.

why you gotta tell me this, now i cant log out of here.  But the active duty appointments to Captain message came out a week before ldo last year and were released on the 23 which was a saturday. So let the speculations run wild......GO!!!

Wow very impressed with all the Sailors on here with under ten years. Congrats so far on a great career, I feel Sailors like you will make great addition to the LDO/CWO community; young, talented and full of drive...

Perfect examples for all the Junior Sailors to look up to... I look at it this way, early is just a loose term often used. Because obviously you have the knowledge, skills and trust of your command or else you would not even be eligible for the program or been so successful in your career…

I wish you all the best of luck and like all of us that keep hitting F5, be gentle…

From all of us "Youngtas" I would like to say thank you for that staement it really means alot to hear senior leadership have confidence in your abilities and experience t lead....

Guest YNC(SS)

When?

I dont know when it happend, thats the thing.  It may have happend a week ago for all I know.  I asked very senior 6410 if it had happend and he said yes. 

Are there any other 639X candidates on this forum?  Haven't seen anyone mention being in my designator and I am just curious.  We only had one representative for our field at the board.  Only making 5 this year.  Really makes you wonder how many applied!! 

Guest guy2001

I think there is a 95% chance next week, 1% today 2% tomorrow and 2% Friday for results.

more than likely but there is always hope thats why you see 70 plus users in the forum right now

Guest MM1(SS)Nuke

I am a betting man.  I am officially on leave and heading for Vegas tomorrow morning.  I would love to have something to celebrate while I am there.

Guest guy2001

quick question while we wait for results....if you were to get selected.....who do you contact to negotiate orders and when? How does that process works? I understand very much about my natural progression and what type of platforms I will be on but curious how the process works.