FY-15 LDO/CWO SELECTION BOARD

Guest OPSTECH

I had hard copy orders 3 months before I commissioned and then 3 weeks before I commissioned I received new orders moving me and the family half-way across the country, GET SOME!!

I'm in HI now with orders to Italy, so wherever they send me will be cross country.

thats good, recruiting was something that was in the air with the LDO's that i talked to. Some said it will look great, some said it looks like you wanted to work out of rate. I knew it would help some when i read the precept that said it would be favorable consideration. We shall see though.

Working out of rate is a good thing... Recruiting duty is a great way to show your leadership potential.  For example, managing a DEP pool... not easy... Having low attrition... not easy... Recruiting duty is a challenge and if you can successfully complete it, not get in trouble, and at least get 1 EP there... It was a great tour. :D

I can tell you from going to these briefs in the past and speaking with senior LDO's that have sat on the board that there are 4 major components that make you more competative.  You should try to ahve at least 1 of these 4.  They are, RDC, Recruiting Duty, IA, and Instructor duty.

Best of luck FC1, and if it means anything to you, BZ on surviving recruiting duty... I know how difficult it can be. :D

I had hard copy orders 3 months before I commissioned and then 3 weeks before I commissioned I received new orders moving me and the family half-way across the country, GET SOME!!

Was that Todd that hooked you up?  I am talking to him friday to get penciled in on a new set of orders... He is coming here to be my AO lol.  Maybe I can get the skinny on the Admin/Security detailer for the new selectees. :D

Working out of rate is a good thing... Recruiting duty is a great way to show your leadership potential.  For example, managing a DEP pool... not easy... Having low attrition... not easy... Recruiting duty is a challenge and if you can successfully complete it, not get in trouble, and at least get 1 EP there... It was a great tour. :D

I can tell you from going to these briefs in the past and speaking with senior LDO's that have sat on the board that there are 4 major components that make you more competative.  You should try to ahve at least 1 of these 4.  They are, RDC, Recruiting Duty, IA, and Instructor duty.

Best of luck FC1, and if it means anything to you, BZ on surviving recruiting duty... I know how difficult it can be. :D

Thank you, Sir!

Guest EMC(SS)

I am shore duty right now. 

Nice. So far I haven't seen any other 640s other than yourself since I started following this forum last week.  Good luck man.

Nice. So far I haven't seen any other 640s other than yourself since I started following this forum last week.  Good luck man.

Good luck to you too.

Guest snipe44

As I read these threads my confidence goes up and down. I know I have a shot but some of the "check in the box" experience that others have that I am lacking worries me. Especially being my first time applying for CWO.

Guest Blade2950

As I read these threads my confidence goes up and down. I know I have a shot but some of the "check in the box" experience that others have that I am lacking worries me. Especially being my first time applying for CWO.

My confidence has waivered over the past fews days and like you I do have some "checks in the box".  Experience matter but they want younger chiefs so the CWO community can get the most out of you. 

My confidence has waivered over the past fews days and like you I do have some "checks in the box".  Experience matter but they want younger chiefs so the CWO community can get the most out of you. 

You and I both hope they are gearing toward younger Chiefs/PO1's....

Guest Big Deck Amphib Steamer

To the 713x's, do you think you have a good shot for selection with the quota amount?

713X here.  I think I have a great shot with the quota amount.  28 is huge.  If you have a real EOOW letter (stood the watch on a SHIP) and havent done anything negative lately, I'd say you have a good shot with this quota (especially if qualified on a big deck amphib as our precept reads).  Without an EOOW letter (just my guess), I think you'll be trying again next year.  Hope that doesnt hurt any feelings, just giving my opinion.