FY16 Chief Selection Board

Career Development Board (CDB) (2015 Poll)  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Have CDBs been useful to you while going up for Chief?

• Yes
    • No
    • Have not attended one yet

Guest Blondie

So this was posted by the Navy Advancement Center on Friday:

"Selection board eligibility information is only posted to individual profile sheets. NAC does not publish selection board eligiblity lists for publicaiton. (N32)"

But last year on March 18, they posted this:

"Advancement candidates eligible for Chief Petty Officer can now log on to the NAC portal on Navy Knowledge Online to access their individual profile sheet displaying E7 selection board eligibility (SBE) results. Profile sheets are for eligible Active Duty, Full Time Support and Canvasser Recruiter candidates. Published lists containing name and rating only will be available on this site at 1200 EST.
Good luck to all candidates! (N32)"

So I'm not sure if this is a change in policy for them, or the person who posted on Friday was just misinformed... we'll have to wait and see.

So I'm not sure if this is a change in policy for them, or the person who posted on Friday was just misinformed... we'll have to wait and see.

I got my profile sheet from the home PG of NKO.

Guest Blondie

I got my profile sheet from the home PG of NKO.

Individual profile sheets are available on NKO, but we're trying to figure out whether they will release a public SBE list or not.  They have in the past, but it seems that they are now saying this is against policy or something.

package info:

so getting my package ready....

If it's in your OMPF don't include it.  I haven't sat a board, but from talking to numerous people that have it'll just upset the Master Chiefs. They'll see it if it's in your record.  They only have so much time to review your record.  The more time they are looking at doubles the less time they are digging into your other achievements. 

Guest Sardog007

I was told today that "by the instruction" your Pg. 4 only gets updated when you REEN...I plan on updating mine, seeing as it is missing the majority of my quals. Any insight on this?

This is true. Your NAVPERS 881 "pg.4"  only get's updated when you xfer or re-up. So if you are missing quals in your OMPF, it's a good idea to submit anything you're missing.  For example, I re-enlisted two year's ago, which will bring me to my HYT, (20 year's). So, any quals/awards that I have received since then, I have to submit through "TOPS" for OMPF entry or by letter by submission to the board "LTB". Last year, I submitted a 881 and a pg.13 to the board and the board put those documents in my record so I don't have to this year.

Hope this helps!

Guest PSjg78

Has anyone seen anything about a list of SBE PO1s floating around today?

Nope been looking for it all day, nothing.. Maybe they aren't publishing one anymore.

Guest ABH-RUE

Hello everyone I'm an ABH1 onboard USS Boxer just checking out the forum out. Looks like a great group of members ! 

Im glad I found it since im sure im going to have a lot of questions. Is there a Sticky somewhere that answers some of the commonly asked questions ?

Guest HAZEGREY1775

So, I noticed a pg 4, and member data summary missing from my OMPF, I don't wanna send it in as an enclosure… I do not have access to a PSD…long story with that. How or WHO usually has access to getting these documents to my OMPF? I am on shore by the way.

Hello everyone I'm an ABH1 onboard USS Boxer just checking out the forum out. Looks like a great group of members ! 

Im glad I found it since im sure im going to have a lot of questions. Is there a Sticky somewhere that answers some of the commonly asked questions ?

Welcome!

Not really, just ask away... no question too small, you are amongst family. 

:s3dauto_car_red_100-100:

Guest ABH-RUE

I read somewhere on this forum that some of you have submitted letters for President and VP of FCPOA. Does anyone have one that can be emailed to me so I can use it as an example?

thank you

Guest Sardog007

I read somewhere on this forum that some of you have submitted letters for President and VP of FCPOA. Does anyone have one that can be emailed to me so I can use it as an example?

thank you

I have seen this before.  We elected a new FCPOA President after the November Eval cycle two years ago. Our president got a "Designation Letter" on letter head from the CO designating him as the FCPOA President. He sent that in with his LTB, and he made it that year. That's the only time I've heard of this..

It looked no different from a ACFL designation. 

Hope this helps!

Guest CTR1NiceGuy

I keep getting mixed reviews about weather or not the board looks at FLTMPS. Anybody have any official word on that?

thank you

It is simply a designation letter that needs to be signed by the CO or by direction of.

I have seen this before.  We elected a new FCPOA President after the November Eval cycle two years ago. Our president got a "Designation Letter" on letter head from the CO designating him as the FCPOA President. He sent that in with his LTB, and he made it that year. That's the only time I've heard of this..

It looked no different from a ACFL designation. 

Hope this helps!

Guess I should have read the thread before I posted.  To expand:

The year I got picked up I submitted a designation letter for VP of the FCPOA.  To give a list of changes from the year before when I wasn't selected:

-VP Designation letter

-Corrected a 30 day eval overlap

-Completed the JPME and either the IPME or BPME.  That gave me all of the PME courses completed.

-Quotas went from 11 to 31, percentages from 4-5% to 9-10%

-Another EP eval.  This one was much more leadership focused then previous evals.

If I had to guess I'd say the eval overlap, quotas and better written eval were the biggest factors in getting picked that year versus the year prior.  If I was #31 on the list I'd say the designation letter for VP and the PME courses helped make me not be #32 and have to try again next year.  But there is no way to know.

Guest hayes

So, I noticed a pg 4, and member data summary missing from my OMPF, I don't wanna send it in as an enclosure… I do not have access to a PSD…long story with that. How or WHO usually has access to getting these documents to my OMPF? I am on shore by the way.

Someone on your admin or personnel dept should have e-submission access to OMPF.

Guest HAZEGREY1775

ChiefAE,

Thanks for replying... So stuff like pg4,history of assignments, honoros and awards pages from NSIPS can be sent by the member?

Guest PS1DK

Been on the outside looking in, so I decided to get in this year.  Thanks for the add.  I'm PS1 from HSC-6 PG to the TR sooner than later.  I got my ticket as well and i'm making preps for my LTB.  Interesting post about the FCPOA P and VP designation letters.

Guest Blondie

Been on the outside looking in, so I decided to get in this year.  Thanks for the add.  I'm PS1 from HSC-6 PG to the TR sooner than later.  I got my ticket as well and i'm making preps for my LTB.  Interesting post about the FCPOA P and VP designation letters.

Welcome to the party :bigemo_harabe_net-85:

Guest ADUBMECH1

Got my ticket to the dance! I am in OKC and looking forward to reading all of the great data put out on this forum. I've already seen some great ideas and things to think about. I've resubmitted changes to my OMPF multiple times and have just got my Bachelors degree in there twice. Even after my Masters degree transcript was submitted, they just duplicated my Bachelors degree. Any advice?