FY16 Chief Selection Board

Career Development Board (CDB) (2015 Poll)  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Have CDBs been useful to you while going up for Chief?

• Yes
    • No
    • Have not attended one yet

Guest HawaiiGM

Thanks everyone my sailor was able to take the test for ldo purposes but qualified for Early chief exam, so the command will notify millington and fix it

Guest AOCMAC

Sorry it took so long getting an answer.  The TIR waiver only applies for EPs on their most recent periodic eval.  Source is BUPERSINST 1430.16

its also listed in the navy advancement manual !!!

Next Friday?  That'd be a week earlier than last's years, but hey it could happen.  How many of us on here have there MOVSM?  I'm currently submitting for mine.

Just as an FYI, you will improve your chances of getting picked up more by counting the number of awards you got your subordinates than counting the ones you have yourself.

this is true, I've got one BJOQ and two PO2s who picked up PO1 under me.

Put that on your next eval if you didn't already.  If your eval comes across as me, me, me look what I did that's a second class eval. The only way for the board to see that you are developing and recognizing your sailors is if it is documented in your eval. 

Obviously you have to do your part like the PPME/JPME, MOVSM, PFA scores, Watch Quals, Collateral Duties, etc... But leadership comes from showing how you guided your troops.  The less your eval is about you the better.

Guest Blondie

Put that on your next eval if you didn't already.  If your eval comes across as me, me, me look what I did that's a second class eval. The only way for the board to see that you are developing and recognizing your sailors is if it is documented in your eval. 

Obviously you have to do your part like the PPME/JPME, MOVSM, PFA scores, Watch Quals, Collateral Duties, etc... But leadership comes from showing how you guided your troops.  The less your eval is about you the better.

I didn't see PFA scores listed in the FY16 precepts.  Certainly it's important that the BCA/PRT are passed every cycle, but I'm not sure if a Sailor would be passed over because they received a "Good" while another Sailor received an "Excellent."

Guest hayes

I didn't see PFA scores listed in the FY16 precepts. Certainly it's important that the BCA/PRT are passed every cycle, but I'm not sure if a Sailor would be passed over because they received a "Good" while another Sailor received an "Excellent."

I've read somewhere that the board doesn't readily look at PRIMS data. All they see is the pass/fail section on the eval, but they don't really get into the scores. I don't remember where I saw it though.

Guest Blondie

I've read somewhere that the board doesn't readily look at PRIMS data. All they see is the pass/fail section on the eval, but they don't really get into the scores. I don't remember where I saw it though.

If a Sailor of mine scores highly on the PFA I will mention their score in the block 43 ("member scored outstanding on 2014 cycle 1 pfa, exceeding standards").  Otherwise I agree, I don't know how the board would ever see it.

Guest ORDIEAO1

This is true. The board will not see your PRIMS data. This information is looked over after the selections are made, it's done during the final scrub. I know this because I had an issue with my PRIMS data, sent an email to the appropriate personnel and then called. He said that I would be fine and the board doesn't even look at that info, they do once they receive the names for their final scrub. Hopefully this helps.

This is true. The board will not see your PRIMS data. This information is looked over after the selections are made, it's done during the final scrub. I know this because I had an issue with my PRIMS data, sent an email to the appropriate personnel and then called. He said that I would be fine and the board doesn't even look at that info, they do once they receive the names for their final scrub. Hopefully this helps.

The CPO Board does not see your PFA scores, the Board has no access to PRIMS.  However, your PRIMS data is part of an SOY package and as stated above it can be put in Block 43 to justify high Military Bearing scores.

Guest CBdive

Not sure I would bank on mid march for the SBE list. There are a few installations in which members have not taken the late exam yet. I believe it states (when 95% of exams are received results will be published). My assumption would be 26 march unfortunately.

Guest itdominance

August. I say mid-August! MUHAHAHAA. Sorry it's been a long day! Snow/icy conditions on top of proctoring the first class tests!

Guest amcreed

Between the 16th and the 20th seems about right for SBE results.  Here's to hoping we all get that ticket and that fourth time is a charm for this guy!

Guest Blondie

Between the 16th and the 20th seems about right for SBE results.  Here's to hoping we all get that ticket and that fourth time is a charm for this guy!

Good luck amcreed.  I've seen you on here quite a bit over the years.  What has your rating's adv % been looking like?  I'm in the single digits but hopefully this will be the year!

Guest itdominance

SBE is out. I bet none of us expected it this early!

WooHoo! I am in. Needed 158 got 170. 71 %. Not my highest ever but it works!

WooHoo! I am in. Needed 158 got 170. 71 %. Not my highest ever but it works!

You got a ticket to the show, after that the exam score doesn't matter.  Good job.

• Like 1

ACTIVE DUTY, FULL-TIME SUPPORT AND CANVASSER RECRUITER FY16 CHIEF PETTY OFFICER SELECTION BOARD ELIGIBILITY LIST IS AVAILABLE.

From NAC
Much thanks to the Fleet ESOs who did a great job returning answer sheets this cycle. NAC was able to quickly process all advancement-eligible PO1s based on two factors - performance and technical knowledge. Under the new Final Multiple Score (FMS) formula announced in NAVADMIN 114/14, performance (promotion recommendation block average) is 60% of the FMS and technical knowledge (rating exam standard score, which represents knowledge standing among peers) is 40%. 

Candidates are rank ordered by their FMS for selection board eligibility. Only those with an FMS that falls in the top 60% in each rating are selection board eligible. Selection board results are now posted on NAC's NKO portal. Common Access Card (CAC) access from a .mil domain computer is required.