FY16 Chief Selection Board

Career Development Board (CDB) (2015 Poll)  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Have CDBs been useful to you while going up for Chief?

• Yes
    • No
    • Have not attended one yet

Guest itdominance

Norfolk?  No thanks lol, I've been through there twice, and while passing through isn't bad, can't see myself being stationed there.  Pretty interesting places on your list.  I've been to San Diego (really nice scenery there), stationed in Bahrain (jewel of a place, everyone should experience in my opinion, minus the crazy drivers) and been to Jacksonville (seems alright).  Nice mixture of places.

my CO was a Marine Colonel in 2013. Bet the Chiefs board was like what when they saw that on my eval?

Guest itdominance

all done with SNCO JPME. Posttest was breeze! About 8 hours total invested in the course. Finish up everyone. Board results coming soon!

Guest itdominance

SNCO JPME was a lot smoother than the PPME.  Required less time as well.  Good stuff itdominance!

Yup. Is it March yet? Want to see my profile sheet.

Yup. Is it March yet? Want to see my profile sheet.

Right I was just looking at my last profile sheet .... Come on March already !!!!! I just need to know I got my ticket to the dance :-)

I think the triad release is only for advancment/selection results.  Last year board list just came out.  My AO2 came to my room in while deployed in Bahrain and told me I made board.  

Guest itdominance

missing as in no link to see them or missing as in when you click your ompf nothing shows up?

no links are showing. BOL tech support told me I was wrong until they looked into it and agreed!

Guest Blondie

just started on the SNCO JPME via NKO. Couldn't get it to work last year. On module 7 of 215. WooHoo! Did the BPME and PPME last year already!

I did the PPME and JPME for last year's board.  I wonder if doing those without first completing the BPME may have hurt my chances...

Guest HawaiiGM

hello everyone, I have a question that somebody may be able to answer, I have a sailor who had a periodic frocked E6 eval and got and EP, then the sailor transferred and got a transfer EP, them the sailor checked into a new command at the end of October and got an NOB. The sailor took the most recent CPO test for LDO purposes but, he was looking thru instructions and found out that he should of been able to take the test for CPO purposes. Is it too late to go to admin and get it fixed? so if he makes board, he can put in a package?

There's a book on Amazon some of you might find helpful (I have no affiliation with the author, but it looks like a great resource): 

"The Ultimate Chief Petty Officer Guidebook: Tips, Tactics, and Techniques for Sailors Who are Serious about Becoming a Chief Petty Officer"

I did the PPME and JPME for last year's board.  I wonder if doing those without first completing the BPME may have hurt my chances...

I think you are nuking it.  You aren't going to get penalized because you did them out of order.  Most people don't do them at all. 

hello everyone, I have a question that somebody may be able to answer, I have a sailor who had a periodic frocked E6 eval and got and EP, then the sailor transferred and got a transfer EP, them the sailor checked into a new command at the end of October and got an NOB. The sailor took the most recent CPO test for LDO purposes but, he was looking thru instructions and found out that he should of been able to take the test for CPO purposes. Is it too late to go to admin and get it fixed? so if he makes board, he can put in a package?

I wouldn't bet my life on it, but I'm pretty sure they are going to be waiting until next year to take the test for CPO SBE.  It would take a lot of favors at this point to get it changed.  The argument is that if they were ready to be a chief they would have already known that they were elligible.  They would have needed an approved chit to waive the year in time in-rate which they don't have.

Guest itdominance

There's a book on Amazon some of you might find helpful (I have no affiliation with the author, but it looks like a great resource): 

"The Ultimate Chief Petty Officer Guidebook: Tips, Tactics, and Techniques for Sailors Who are Serious about Becoming a Chief Petty Officer"

Thanks, just got a copy for $5.00 shipped!

Guest itdominance

Blondie, I don't think it matters. The BPME & PPME are identical.

Guest Blondie

I'll have to look up the instruction to be 100% sure, but I also received an EP on my periodic frocked E6 eval, received a transfer EP, and then received a NOB on the next eval, and I was not eligible to test for CPO early.  This is just a personal anecdote but that is how it went for me.  I will check the instruction at work and get back to you.

In any case, I don't think it's too late.  I would contact your command's training officer rather than admin though - or whoever administers advancement exams at your location.

Guest itdominance

They're all beneficial, I'd advise not only first classes to do them, but get your junior Sailors to do them as well.

I have put that out to my juniors. No one wants to do them!

Guest itdominance

A little persuasion goes a long way...they're quite lengthy but well worth it.

haha. easier said than done on shore duty. especially in our environment

Guest Blondie

Sorry it took so long getting an answer.  The TIR waiver only applies for EPs on their most recent periodic eval.  Source is BUPERSINST 1430.16

I added that to the book store. If there are any other books that might be of interest let me know.  :lol: