FY-22 Chief Selection Board

18 hours ago, CrookedJack said:

October 4th, next Monday results are supposed to come out "all you cool cats and kittens."

Everyone ready for that S or N-S?

No? Yes? IDK, I just want results to come out so the Chiefs at my command stop looking at me like a diver covered in chum with them being the circling sharks. 

Guest CrookedJack
6 hours ago, mmn1ss said:

No? Yes? IDK, I just want results to come out so the Chiefs at my command stop looking at me like a diver covered in chum with them being the circling sharks. 

LMAO! Dude I really hope everyone here makes it.  As long as it doesn't screw me out of orders to Norfolk!

Guest Guns to CTRCS

Good luck to all!

Enjoy this week. Embrace this week. For some of you, this will be your final week as a PO1 as your transition begins next week. Embrace your peer group. Some of your peer group relationships may be different next week.

Spend quality time with family and friends this weekend, I have a feeling your schedule is about to fill up pretty quickly. Don't spend this weekend worrying about results, it's OUT OF YOUR HANDS at this point. You will only be stressing yourself out.

For those that are not selected, you get 24 hours to be sad. That's it. 48 hours after results come out, start having those conversations and asking prior board members to review your record so you can move forward appropriately. Your November evals will either help or hurt your selection opportunity in 2022. The more eyes on your evaluation PRIOR to signature, the better (IMO).

Finally, if you are selected...you are no better than anyone else, stay humble. Treat people like human beings, be fair, be consistent, and drive your commands mission forward.

Good luck!!!

Guest Flipdash
2 hours ago, Guns to CTRCS said:

Good luck to all!

Enjoy this week. Embrace this week. For some of you, this will be your final week as a PO1 as your transition begins next week. Embrace your peer group. Some of your peer group relationships may be different next week.

Spend quality time with family and friends this weekend, I have a feeling your schedule is about to fill up pretty quickly. Don't spend this weekend worrying about results, it's OUT OF YOUR HANDS at this point. You will only be stressing yourself out.

For those that are not selected, you get 24 hours to be sad. That's it. 48 hours after results come out, start having those conversations and asking prior board members to review your record so you can move forward appropriately. Your November evals will either help or hurt your selection opportunity in 2022. The more eyes on your evaluation PRIOR to signature, the better (IMO).

Finally, if you are selected...you are no better than anyone else, stay humble. Treat people like human beings, be fair, be consistent, and drive your commands mission forward.

Good luck!!!

🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

9 hours ago, DocMix said:

That it could be later in the week, but like I said all rumors until MyNavy Hr confirms it

Doc I am just going to shake a magic 8 ball and see what it says for results. 

My command has been strangely quiet, had a chief yesterday ask me about results timeline....that does not seem like a good way to start the season.

Guest Sparky_85
21 minutes ago, Tony said:

Anymore scuttlebutt? Did anyone else get that email? :ph34r:

Currently looking at Tuesday since we are holding Sponsor training on Monday for the mess...but as we all know, it could be a little sooner than expected. Good Luck to all here and listen to CTRCS as when you do see that S or your command calls you in, you will be very busy.

I would call this the quote for season... "Finally, if you are selected...you are no better than anyone else, stay humble. Treat people like human beings, be fair, be consistent, and drive your commands mission forward."

Anyone know if it is true that candidates under 10 years have quotas reserved for them?

I've heard this now from two or three different Master Chiefs, however, it is always followed by a "well it use to be that way, not sure if they still do this." Kind of interesting if so, since a 9 year candidate's record will (in most cases) be far less robust when compared against a 17 year candidate. 

Oh and GOOD LUCK FOLKS! It's been a fun ride over the last few months on here.

• Thank You 1

Guest Flipdash
40 minutes ago, I_IT said:

Anyone know if it is true that candidates under 10 years have quotas reserved for them?

I've heard this now from two or three different Master Chiefs, however, it is always followed by a "well it use to be that way, not sure if they still do this." Kind of interesting if so, since a 9 year candidate's record will (in most cases) be far less robust when compared against a 17 year candidate. 

Oh and GOOD LUCK FOLKS! It's been a fun ride over the last few months on here.

I heard about that too but do not hate coz they do that within their year group to balance it out. (I think LOL) 😁

Guest Mscoco25

I’m so ready for the results to be out! Only thing about being oconus we have to wait till Tuesday morning  🥴 but best wishes to all. We did all we could, it’s written so may the odds be in your favor! Good luck 🍀 and no matter what the show must go on ☺️

Guest Nuke1st4ever
13 hours ago, Flipdash said:

I heard about that too but do not hate coz they do that within their year group to balance it out. (I think LOL) 😁

What is this year group you keep talking about? I've talked to 3 people who sat the board in previous years and none of them knows about that.

42 minutes ago, Nuke1st4ever said:

What is this year group you keep talking about? I've talked to 3 people who sat the board in previous years and none of them knows about that.

Maybe referring to allocating CPO advancement quotas by year group (year you joined the Navy)?  Never heard of this either.

Guest PO1Keys

Anyone have insight to having duplicate NAMs in OMPF? I scrubbed my record a year ago SEP and gave admin all the docs to update my OMPF to match PSR.  In JAN all those records were fixed and everything lined up but the award entries didn’t match any names at my command or previous command. I did a once over in June to make sure and submitted my LTB. I did a sanity check today and those awards are now in there twice because the ones I routed to my admin finally were entered in July. Will the board see these recent changes and be able to filter it out, or am I a drop with a very unsat OMPF during the selection boards? Any insight would be helpful.

19 minutes ago, PO1Keys said:

Anyone have insight to having duplicate NAMs in OMPF? I scrubbed my record a year ago SEP and gave admin all the docs to update my OMPF to match PSR.  In JAN all those records were fixed and everything lined up but the award entries didn’t match any names at my command or previous command. I did a once over in June to make sure and submitted my LTB. I did a sanity check today and those awards are now in there twice because the ones I routed to my admin finally were entered in July. Will the board see these recent changes and be able to filter it out, or am I a drop with a very unsat OMPF during the selection boards? Any insight would be helpful.

If you go to the site, it shows you how to request to get those duplicate's deleted. I had two duplicates and it took a week to get it fixed.