FY-22 Chief Selection Board

19 hours ago, I_IT said:

Anyone know if it is true that candidates under 10 years have quotas reserved for them?

I've heard this now from two or three different Master Chiefs, however, it is always followed by a "well it use to be that way, not sure if they still do this." Kind of interesting if so, since a 9 year candidate's record will (in most cases) be far less robust when compared against a 17 year candidate. 

Oh and GOOD LUCK FOLKS! It's been a fun ride over the last few months on here.

That's an on-and-off topic that has gone on for years here on this forum. I believe it was debunked years ago and went into hibernation only to resurface again in this thread. Unfortunately I can't remember what was said but it was a salty ol' Chief in the know.

Guest TerminalE6
On 9/30/2021 at 9:17 PM, I_IT said:

Anyone know if it is true that candidates under 10 years have quotas reserved for them?

I've heard this now from two or three different Master Chiefs, however, it is always followed by a "well it use to be that way, not sure if they still do this." Kind of interesting if so, since a 9 year candidate's record will (in most cases) be far less robust when compared against a 17 year candidate. 

Oh and GOOD LUCK FOLKS! It's been a fun ride over the last few months on here.

I believe this changed because I don't see it in the Navy Advancement Manual (BUPERSINST 1430.16), but what I believe it used to say was that people with over 10 years were not allowed to be over 10% of the quotas.  I may have the years and percentage wrong, but it was to that extent.  So it wasn't a minimum required quotas that had to be filled, but a maximum allowed. 

6 hours ago, Tony said:

That's an on-and-off topic that has gone on for years here on this forum. I believe it was debunked years ago and went into hibernation only to resurface again in this thread. Unfortunately I can't remember what was said but it was a salty ol' Chief in the know.

Oh, so no truth to it then. Thanks for the clarification!

• Thank You 1

4 hours ago, I_IT said:

Oh, so no truth to it then. Thanks for the clarification!

I tried looking for that post which should be in one of the prior board forums here but I couldn't find it. So don't quote me on that but I'm glad you brought it up again. 👍

Guest CrookedJack
8 hours ago, Nuke1st4ever said:

They better release these results on Monday. I don't think I can take anymore delay.

My bit of advice is enjoy the weekend.  Either you make it and won't have another weekend during season or you don't make it and life moves on. 

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteous, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own. "  - Matthew 6:33-34 Jesus and the Sermon on the Mount. 

Guest Nuke1st4ever
6 hours ago, OrdieLife said:

I’m ready for Monday to come and go already lol I just wanna know either way at this point 😂 😂 either I pick up or I move back on to another stressful LPO spot for another year 

What? No bible verse for this guy?

Guest CrookedJack
14 hours ago, OrdieLife said:

I’m ready for Monday to come and go already lol I just wanna know either way at this point 😂 😂 either I pick up or I move back on to another stressful LPO spot for another year 

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?  Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?... For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Guest CrookedJack
8 hours ago, Nuke1st4ever said:

What? No bible verse for this guy?

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged.  Do not condemn, and you will not condemn. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you...For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Guest mmn1ss
12 minutes ago, CrookedJack said:

2 hour countdown!  Our triad better release these results.

2 hours to find out if your bake sales numbers were good enough! Me too I guess.

Guest CrookedJack
8 minutes ago, mmn1ss said:

2 hours to find out if your bake sales numbers were good enough! Me too I guess.

I didn't do that bake sale crap lol  guess i'm screwed.  Liberty for the brave?

Guest CrookedJack
12 minutes ago, DocMix said:

I’m on that edge where I’m pretty sure I didn’t make it but it maybe possible but still unlikely lol 

Thats been me the last few days.

Guest CrookedJack
6 minutes ago, mmn1ss said:

So it begins, BOL only has selection board eligibility results now to show. Oh the anticipation of getting told "non-select" again lol.

That never went away I thought.  Had it last week as well.

Guest CrookedJack
7 minutes ago, mmn1ss said:

So it begins, BOL only has selection board eligibility results now to show. Oh the anticipation of getting told "non-select" again lol.

I just checked mine and it's still there.

Guest CrookedJack
2 minutes ago, mmn1ss said:

Yeah but before it had the "N" from the previous year, now thats not there.

Oh this is my first time up so I didn't have that.

Guest Flipdash
9 minutes ago, mmn1ss said:

It always shows your last 3 transactions including your advancement results...