Guest CursedSwabbie

What a day... Chiefs were gone in the morning, command event for lunch, and my chief messing with me non-stop!

Guest 81Forever

Long time lurker here and finally got myself an account.  I am with everyone in the giant boat of anxiety we all are in.  My Chiefs have all been messing with me as well.  Here is to lucky 5th time up.

Guest IRFramR

Finally decided to stop lurking and make an account. I've heard all the same rumors about the release date. Best of luck to everyone waiting. 

Guest Clampdown Master

Everyone is over here talking about rumors going around their commands,  I haven't heard a single rumor where I am at.  No one seems to be concerned about when results are supposed to be released........

17 minutes ago, Clampdown Master said:

Everyone is over here talking about rumors going around their commands,  I haven't heard a single rumor where I am at.  No one seems to be concerned about when results are supposed to be released........

Same

Guest DeepseaSeabee
2 hours ago, HDND said:

Hi..

@HDND  What's up! Good luck this year. Sweet login name! With a name like that I'd say that you already have one foot in the door haha. Good luck!

42 minutes ago, Clampdown Master said:

We're pretty sure it's looking like Triad Aug 8, Public Aug 9.

2 hours ago, 81Forever said:

Long time lurker here and finally got myself an account.  I am with everyone in the giant boat of anxiety we all are in.  My Chiefs have all been messing with me as well.  Here is to lucky 5th time up.

May the results, be in your favor. This is my fifth time up as well...two more looks until retirement (20)!

Guest Framer511

So why we are all playing this waiting game for the results, here is a something  that we were talking about within my office the other week....Should the pay increments be based off of seniority or based off how each sailor selected for Chief stacked up against their peers that were selected within the same rating?

Guest TM4life
3 hours ago, DeepSeaChief said:

I'm excited for all of you! Have you all decided who you would call first if selected?

Definitely my wife. She has stuck by my side since day 1. 

Guest IRFramR
5 minutes ago, TM4life said:

Definitely my wife. She has stuck by my side since day 1. 

I'm with you there. The wife's been my ride or die through it all. Good luck to you bud. 

22 minutes ago, Framer511 said:

So why we are all playing this waiting game for the results, here is a something  that we were talking about within my office the other week....Should the pay increments be based off of seniority or based off how each sailor selected for Chief stacked up against their peers that were selected within the same rating?

So you are saying go away from TIR for pay, and have the numbers mean how you were ranked instead?  At over 20 years in, and over half that being a first my vote is selfish to leaving it the way it is.  Then again I'm more disgruntled about not getting a pay raise at 20 than I'd be if I get my 8th N.

Guest TM4life
15 minutes ago, IRFramR said:

I'm with you there. The wife's been my ride or die through it all. Good luck to you bud. 

Good luck to you as well. 

Guest OJ451
23 minutes ago, Framer511 said:

Seniority!  Time is the most precious of commodities!  I’d rather the sailor that stuck with it and never quit with 18-22 years get paid first before that 6 year Chief that was learning to read during 9/11.  Can’t pay enough for time lost from family and friends.  They will make up for it in the long run but the old salt doesn’t have much time.  Might have had a bad command or luck but kept their head down and stayed in the fight.  Give them something for time lost.

16 minutes ago, OJ451 said:

Seniority!  Time is the most precious of commodities!  I’d rather the sailor that stuck with it and never quit with 18-22 years get paid first before that 6 year Chief that was learning to read during 9/11.  Can’t pay enough for time lost from family and friends.  They will make up for it in the long run but the old salt doesn’t have much time.  Might have had a bad command or luck but kept their head down and stayed in the fight.  Give them something for time lost.

I agree. And I imagine that  being "pay ranked" higher than someone else would lead to inflated egos and even be in bad taste.

Guest Milspouse
46 minutes ago, DeepSeaChief said:

I'm sure she is just as anxious as you are! 

Yes!!! I am so nervous for him! I feel like this accomplishment was a team effort (after all cheerleading IS A SPORT! lol) , so I can't wait for the results to come out!

55 minutes ago, Framer511 said:

Seniority. They did the time and were already considered senior to the others that made it before making it... might as well stay that way.

14 minutes ago, KDSA said:

Seniority. They did the time and were already considered senior to the others that made it before making it... might as well stay that way.

Funny thing is not all would agree.  Have a guy at work that is a junior first say he hates the seniority thing.  I'm sure he'd be all for pay by how you rank on the board.

Out of curiosity, what's the fastest yall have ever seen someone make Chief? And also has anyone ever heard of someone making it while at their first command? 

3 minutes ago, AME1 said:

Funny thing is not all would agree.  Have a guy at work that is a junior first say he hates the seniority thing.  I'm sure he'd be all for pay by how you rank on the board.

Yes but once they both get paid as a CPO... doesn't one get paid more already based off of time in? For example a 14 year CPO is paid more than a 7 year...

It can be argued back and forth for whatever selfish reason the person has... in the end they made it and there's a lot of people in the shadows that would trade places with them. 

Guest MR1(SW/SCW/AW
51 minutes ago, OJ451 said:

Spot on!!!

Guest Frye_Daddy
13 hours ago, PO14Life said:

I don’t think I know that many nautical songs, but could probably make it through 99 bottles of beer on the wall. Also, wouldn’t make it through that without falling a lot.

Spongebob theme song is perfect!